Free cancellation until 21/07
US$49
US$44
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$53/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
US$78
US$70
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$60
US$40
Sunway Hotel Phnom Penh(Phnom Penh)
US$64
US$55
Trip.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

TeaHouse(Phnom Penh)
US$32
Priceline
US$221
US$205
All reviewsnational museumroyal palacewithin walking distanceorder eggstuk tuknice clean hotelper nighthot waterfried ricebreakfast buffetcentral locationrestaurants and barsbusy streetcomfortable roomstayed here for nightskilling fieldsnight market
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I booked the Family Room with Balcony. It is basically a maisonette with two levels and there is only 1 entrance on the lower level. There is a flight of steep (very steep) stairs in the room leading to the second level. Each level came with a queen bed and an en-suite bathroom.
*Do note that the room on the lower level is much less spacious than that on the upper level.
The air-conditioning units are quite dated but they still function well. WIFI is free and strong. My booking came with breakfast and it was a simple buffet with toast, fruits, fried rice, eggs (the eggs are not displayed, you will have to order directly from the waiters and state your preference: scrambled. fried or omelette), cereals etc...

The hotel staff were friendly and assisted us with our requests. That included getting reliable tuk-tuk service to visit the S21 museum and Killing Fields and taxi to the airport on our return journey.

From the hotel, you could walk to the river side, Central Market, Sorya Mall, Kandal Market and the Phnom Penh Night Market (each will take you about 15 mins walk)

The only thing that made me uncomfortable was the neighbourhood that the hotel is situated in. It is just slight messy and dirty with bars around. It is fine, but I would prefer a more comfortable/cleaner stay in the main city area, nearer to the Independence Monument.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The Silver River Hotel is well located, just a short walk from the Mekong and the National Museum. Staff are very friendly and their English is ok. I had a twin room for single use, the size was good, the wifi worked well and there was an electronic safe. The bathroom was modern with a good shower and the room was cleaned daily.
The breakfast is not fantastic, but I have had many worse breakfasts in Asia!
The tuktuk driver whom the staff organized for a city tour was very friendly and honest and I used him on the next day as well for a good price.
There is an ATM directly at the entrance, so it was good and felt safe to use that one to get cash.

On the negative side, I had dinner in the hotel's restaurant on the first evening and it was almost not edible as it tasted so bad.
Also it's not so nice to see male single tourists arrive with a Cambodian girl and her leaving after an hour, walking past you while you have your dinner. I had the impression that a number of men were visiting the hotel for that reason.
Moreover, the tuktuk drivers in front of the hotel were friendly chaps, but still they got on my nerves after some time because sometimes they already started shouting and waving their hands when I had not even left the hotel and was still in the lobby.

All in all, it was a good place to stay in Phnom Penh for that price, but I'd try another hotel if I traveled to the city again.

Room Tip: Some rooms look out to a wall which is not so pretty, but they may be quieter than the ones looking to the street.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Brissie_BHV
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The best thing about this hotel happened after I'd checked out - and that's meant as a positive!

While on the bus to Siem Reap, I realised I'd left my travel adapter and phone charger behind. More in hope than expectation, I emailed the hotel to ask whether it could be posted on. They replied soon after and arranged for the adapter to be transported to Siem Reap, where I was able to collect it the next day, free of charge.

The staff were friendly throughout my stay, the hotel was centrally located but not noisy, and the rooms were clean and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Check in was good. Staff is good. Location is also good. Breakfast was okay. Room was small but neat and clean. WiFi speed was excellent. Near to many restaurant and river side. Overall nice hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Room was spacious, clean and smelt lovely when we walked in. Room overlooked a disused car park (huge one) but no vehicles parked on there so it was very quiet. We used the restaurant for lunch and dinner which was nice. Within walking distance of attractions, palace, pagoda and river front.

We were unable to buy a glass of wine one evening as we sat outside the hotel. My husband was told he would have to buy a full bottle. He purchased a drink for himself from the hotel then went across the road to a little bar and bought me a glass of wine. The next day he was told by a member of staff that he could purchase one glass if he wished. To be honest, I probably would have drank the full bottle, but that's not the point.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple