“Dirty room; not worth it!”
Review of The Green House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
The Green House
Ranked #242 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The stairs smell funky and have spider cobs around. The room had a lot of dirt stucked on it. The linens had hair from other persons PRIVATE PARTS! It was discusting. The bathroom was dirty as well. If you want to stay in this area Confort Inn looks like a better option for 3 dollars more.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Captain_Mal_52744

Reviewed 26 December 2012

i stayed in a double room at the green house. the room was clean and very spacious except it always smelled stuffy for some reason. the staff were friendly but didn't have any maps to give and didn't know much about the area. the location is close to the russian market which was good but the walk to and back from the hostel at night for a girl could be a little unsafe (that's what we heard at least). there's a computer in the lobby but the mouse was not working most of the time and the staff were helpful trying to fix it or try another one but it was always a hassle to just check my email for a few minutes.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank nadaatalla
Reviewed 17 June 2012

While not in the "heart" of Phnom Penh's tourist district, the neighborhood surrounding the Russian Market offers a great way to experience the city and feel a little like a local. It's easy to get around and down to the Riverside, by tuk tuk, moto or bicycle.

The Green House offers nice, clean rooms in a hotel setting, but with staff that made it feel like a guest house. Everyone was so nice and tried their best to help, even if they didn't have immediate answers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank rdetata
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay and will be staying here again when I come back! Staff were very friendly! There's a computer in the lobby you can use. My only complaint was going up the steps to my room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2011

When I first was looking for a hotel to stay at in Phnom Penh on Agoda.com in the price range of USD$10-$15 I found this hotel that had very nice pictures of it. So I booked it and when I turned up the lobby was very tidy and welcoming and seemed all good.
But after checking into my room I soon found out why it was so cheap. The bed linen was old and didn't seem very clean. My view out of my window was of a very old derelict building. On Agoda it said they still had rooms available with a balcony and a view onto the road which I asked about, but they said they were full (which I have my doubts about). The worst part was the bathroom which seemed like it had never been cleaned before. The lower walls were absolutely filthy. Also the location was bad....which was my fault as I didn't research that part well enough.
Overall, I would not stay here again, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here, make sure you get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo