“Simple, and perfect.”

Price range: US$5 - US$80
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: A wonderfully zen Japanese robatayaki restaurant with six private tatami rooms and a sushi bar. Experience the traditions of old Japan and savor the sophisticated flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine. Everyday you are able to chose between a variety of lunch sets including Fried Chicken set, Fried Pork Cutlet set, Tempura set, Grilled Fish set or a variety of Sushi sets.The dinner menu features a variety of Kobe beef specialties, Sushi/Sashimi a-la-carte, a wide selection of robatayaki, deep fried tempura, and that is only the beginning. In addition to that, Hachi offers one of the largest selections of Sake in Cambodia.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

During our stay at the Sofitel in Phnom Penh we decided to try Hachi, and were incredibly glad we did so. The Sofitel has numerous options for great food so you can't go wrong anywhere, but Hachi is definitely the one that will stick in our memories. Miss Rothanak was incredibly friendly host, and attended to our every need.

After the meal we had the pleasure of meeting Chef Katayama who was very happy to give us a brief history of his cooking (which was exceptional), and definitely added to the night. All in all, the next time we're in Phnom Penh we will definitely be making a return trip to Hachi!

1  Thank Alex P
Charles-HenriChevet, General Manager at Hachi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Alex P,

Bonjour from Hachi Restaurant at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Indeed, an excellent choice to join us for the best authentic Japanese cuisine in town! Thank you very much for taking time to share your dining experience with us here. As a 5-Star luxury brand, we at Sofitel take pride in exceeding your expectations on all aspects which goes for ambience, exquisite cuisine and without a doubt outstanding service. It is lovely to hear that our Ambassadors at our Fu Lu Zu restaurant were able to craft a memorable experience for you, and I will be sure to relay your great comments to the team. From the traditional outfits of the waiters to private Tatami rooms, a meal in Hachi truly is an unforgettable experience and a true journey to the land of the rising sun.

On your next visit, be sure to pair the dishes with some refreshing Sake from the largest selection in Phnom Penh. With an extensive selection of over 26 different Sakes, you’ll never run out of options!

Thank you again for your kind patronage, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I was here for business trip, alone, and staff of hachi welcomed me very warmly.

Vito, the manager, is super nice and scrupolous on all minimum details, and so are the waitress.

Chef Katayama was great and made superbe sushi. Fish was very fresh and tasty, plate presentation was very rare and classy.
A very touch of elegance.

Quality of food: superb, i went there also the following night!

Charles-HenriChevet, General Manager at Hachi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Claire0801,

Bonjour from Hachi Restaurant at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Thank you for not only taking time to share your experience on our Japanese Restaurant, but on our hotel as well! I agree, Hachi is certainly the place to be when it comes to unique, authentic Japanese cuisine. Chef Katayama’s culinary skills and years of experience in the industry truly bring the cuisine to life, showcasing the wide array of delicious dishes it has to offer. Our hotel ambassadors also strive to deliver constant outstanding service, and I’m glad that Vito made a difference in your experience. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with them and the rest of the team. Your compliments and praise are the greatest reward for our Ambassadors and serve as motivation to continue upholding our high quality of service. On your next visit, I highly recommend for you to try the Saké wines from our extensive selection, the largest there is in Phnom Penh, that will pair nicely with our fresh sashimi.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

10/10. Excellent service and the food was spectacular - thank you chef Katayama. Ambience delightful, staff very attentive.

Dear markilevu,

Greetings from Hachi Restaurant at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

We are delighted to receive your great comments, thank you very much! Our Hachi restaurant really is the place to be for guests looking for authentic, delicious Japanese cuisine, freshly prepared by Chef Katayama and his team. In addition, the Tatami rooms also offer quiet spaces for business meals or for families looking to enjoy a private meal. I will be sure to share your comments with Chef Katayama and the excellent team at Hachi – Their passion for service excellence truly shows in their performance and I’m glad you feel the same way.

Our new sushi buffet lunch every Saturday is one not to be missed, with a wide array of dishes to choose from and the option of free-flow Sake – I invite you to give it a try on your next visit with us.

Thank you for another lovely review, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This was the first time to Hachi.
I have to say that this place pleasantly surprised me as I did not expect such high quality sushi in Cambodia. The quality of the fish were better than at sushi restaurants I visited in the US. I really like the friendly staff who kept my cup full and made sure that our tables were kept clean by taking away plates after we were done with a dish. Head chef Katayama was really fun to talk to and taught us one or two things about sushi like what to look for when choosing a fish. The other staff were very friendly and greeted us with a smile when we arrived at the restaurant and made sure to give us the best seats available. The chef also gave us a tour of the restaurant and I have to say the interior looks really welcoming and the view to the garden was nice too. Overall, I am definitely planning to come back for my next visit.

1  Thank Samuel K
Charles-HenriChevet, General Manager at Hachi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Samuel K,

Bonjour from Hachi Restaurant at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Yet another excellent review, we are delighted to receive your great comments, thank you so much! Indeed, at Hachi Restaurant, we only use the highest quality of ingredients, which allows Chef Katayama and his excellent culinary team to truly bring Japanese cuisine to life. Paired with their outstanding skills, the stunning selection offered ranging from sushi, tempura, curries and more, is definitely the ideal choice for any guest looking for a first-class experience. Our Hotel Ambassadors as well, not just in our Hachi Restaurant but in our entire hotel, pride ourselves on excellent service – Aiming to deliver a personalized experience for every guest, as we want for guests to fully indulge in our Magnifique experience. It’s delightful that our team at Hachi were able to make your meal memorable.

Please do drop by to try our Sushi Buffet happening every Saturday, with a delicious spread of all-you-can-eat Japanese favourites. I’m glad that your first visit with us will not be your last. We look forward to your next dining experience with us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I came here for friend and had the sushi set and sashimi. Chef Katayama has provided great service and food. Most importantly he has taught us a lot about sushi. The fish we ate was amazing and fresh. Ive had many sushi but this place was amazing and I must say Chef Katayama has a bright future ahead of him since he is the youngest Head Chef Ive ever seen at a top notch sushi restaurant. Once again, I highly recommend this place. If youre on a budget, then their lunch set menu is a great deal!! Arigato Chef Katayama!

Dear Richard K,

Greetings from Hachi Restaurant at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

What a wonderful review, thank you very much! We are delighted to receive your positive comments. At Hachi Restaurant, we strive to provide quality that is first in its class, which goes for not only culinary offerings, but the service delivered by our Ambassadors too. Indeed, with sashimi imported daily from Tokyo, Hachi offers only the freshest and most authentic taste of Japan, just as you mentioned. Chef Katayama really is a true master of Japanese culinary arts and together with the professional yet personalized service provided by our Hotel Ambassadors, any dining experience at Hachi is sure to be memorable one. We are glad to hear that your experience with us was made outstanding through our Ambassadors’ efforts to go the extra mile, and I will be sure to share your great feedback with them.

Thank you once again for your patronage, and we look forward to your next visit.