“Awesome hotel in Phnom Penh”

Raffles Hotel Le Royal
Ranked #13 of 270 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The Raffles is gorgeous, an old property with alot of charm and local color that's also comfortable and luxurious. The service is incredibly attentive - moreso even than you will find in 5 stars in Thailand. The Cambodian people are so helpful and friendly. The best thing about this place is the Spa - do not miss the massages, they are the best I have ever had and relatively inexpensive. Rooms are very nice, get one facing the pool. Shout out to Punh (spl?) in the Spa! I do have to mention that the concierge booked a flight for us to Siem Reap, and we got to the airport only to find no record of the flight (which we paid him for) having been booked. After a few calls back and forth between the gate agent and the hotel, this was sorted out, however, and we were able to board the flight.

Room Tip: pool view, renovated
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
RLR-GM, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Valued Resident,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, Phnom Penh. It has been a pleasure having you with us and I am delighted that your stay with us was memorable, enchanting and above your expectations. Your kind comments have been shared with my entire team.

As the Raffles Credo suggests, a hotel is something beyond its location, its décor and its amenities; it is a place where you are cared for so well that you want to come back again.

On that note we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Raffles Hotel Le Royal, our residential sanctuary in the heart of Phnom Penh.

With kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Raffles Hotel Le Royal

Reviewed 13 March 2012

A high standard of customer service. Attentive and helpful staff. Comfortable rooms and free internet. Great breakfast and several dining options. Very poorly air-conditioned fitness center, which was the main reason I didn't give the hotel an "excellent" rating. Moreover, from my room the traffic on the nearest main street at night was annoying.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Excellent service from the moment the door is opened for you. Great restaurants and a lovely "Elephant Bar''. In the corridor outside you can see Jackie Onassis's lipstick still on the glass from which she drank in her 1960's visit to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pm_phnompenh
RLR-GM, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Valued Resident,

It has been a pleasure having you with us and I am delighted that your stay with us was memorable and enchanting.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Hotel Le Royal, our palatial residence in the heart of Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

From the moment my wife and I arrived, the service and standards at this hotel were exceptional. Professional and welcoming staff, wonderful rooms, delicious food, and a very relaxing pool area. This stay was definitely one of the highlights of our tour of Cambodia. One of the best hotel experiences we have had in many years of travelling.

Room Tip: Our pool view room was quiet and relaxing, but the hotel is so well situated I'm sure that most...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loppylegs
RLR-GM, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are most delighted that your stay at Raffles has been memorable and enchanting.

I have happily shared your compliments with all of our colleagues since such praises are of great motivation to the entire team to further elevate our service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Raffles Hotel Le Royal!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about my room at Raffles Le Royal Hotel. It was plenty spacious with nice hardwood floors, a bathroom with shower and bathtub, free wi-fi, a wonderful balcony, and a bed that is perhaps the most comfortable I've ever slept in - not too firm, not too soft, just perfect. I was absolutely as comfortable as I could be while staying in this room.

The restaurants and bars on site were, I suppose, expensive for Cambodia, but their prices were perfectly reasonable (actually quite cheap) compared to similar 5-star hotel restaurants and bars in most other countries. I visited the Elephant Bar expecting an experience more like the Raffles Long Bar in Singapore - nothing quite that distinctive, but a pleasant experience nonetheless.

The staff were extremely kind and beyond attentive. I would actually go so far as to say that the service was too good for my taste. Every time you turn around, there is someone wanting to do something for you. I'm just the kind of person who isn't very comfortable with that (Thank you, but I really can pull my own small suitcase 5 meters). They also kept supplying my room with apples. I usually ate one each morning and gave the other to my tuk tuk drivers as tips. They seemed to really appreciate that.

I really did enjoy my stay at Le Royal immensely, but I probably would not stay there again the next time I visit Phnom Penh simply due to the location. It's located in a very pleasant boulevard with trees and wide sidewalks. That sounds good and it is, but I believe I'd rather be on the main drag by the river where all the bars and restaurants are. In the Le Royal neighborhood, there is really nothing there except for some embassies and another hotel (Sunway). You end up having to rely on the tuk tuks to get anywhere.

So if you're looking for a luxurious gated fortress to hide away from the chaos of Phnom Penh, Le Royal is perfect for you. If you'd rather be part of that chaos, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there being a bad room in this place.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
RLR-GM, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments about Raffles Hotel Le Royal by illustrating our services and facilities.

As you suggested, Raffles Hotel Le Royal is Phnom Penh’s palatial residence with unrivalled presence of being an Oasis for the Well Travelled in the heart of Phnom Penh.

As for location, I’d like to advise to all reviewers that the hotel is only a short drive away from the Riverfront, easy to reach either via Taxi, Tuk-Tuk or one of our Hotel Limousines.

Many thanks again for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back!