“Best Japanese value for money place in Phnom penh”

Ninja Japanese Dining & Bar
Ranked #305 of 1,612 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

When it comes to traditional favorites like kaarage, butabara, Japanese curry,grilled mackerel as well as fresh and tasty salads, you’d be hard pressed to find anything better than this unassuming and friendly place. Since I first discovered it in January, I’ve visited once a week, trying something new each time. Their lunch specials come with miso soup, rice and salad and almost all items cost between $4 to $7. The ribeye steak , 200gms at $8, is one of my top choices, as is their gyoza—the best in Phnom Penh. And with dozens of Japanese places in town opening over the past three years, that is really something. staff is well trained, attentive and courteous.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Small open storefront restaurant in the expat dining area of BKK1. Menu is pretty basic with fundamental Japanese rice and noodle dishes. Food was quite good and reasonably priced, service was very good, although there was no on in there to serve but us. Recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I dined there as the place was recommended by some people.
They have good varieties of food items and drinks.

We tried a burger pate on the hot plate. The meet is tender and juicy. Other dishes like grilled vegetables and braised pork were also nice.

The price is quite reasonable.
I will lke to visit this place again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This place needs a big clean up!!! Went to try the food, gyoza was not cooked properly, other foods were ok. But it was really dirty in there. Walls, fans, floor. Sorry I can't enjoy my meal in such conditions:(

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I grew up in Japan till 17, and I can guarantee you will have very nice REAL Japanese food for good price. They have all kinds of Japanese dishes and so far I enjoyed them all. The Japanese owner comes up with new or limited menu every now and then, so just ask them! I have not tried, but I think their most recommended is Sio-sayu-ramen. Try it out!