“Japanese Perfection! ”
Review of Marugame Udon

Marugame Udon
Ranked #256 of 1,670 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

When I see a restaurant like this listed in the 200's on Trip Advisor it makes me question the validity of the Trip Advisor App. Marugame Udon and Tempura isn't just good... It's phenomenal. I was actually on their street to go next door to Digby's when I saw this restaurant. Since I love Japanese food, I walked in to check it out. I was astonished when I went in to this spotless place. I asked to speak to the Manager. Within seconds, Ty walked out and shared everything about the place. I watched as they prepared handmade Udon Noodles to perfection. I had to eat here! I had the Udon Curry. Wow! I also had the Shrimp Tempura and a glass of delicious Guava Nectar. I can't wait to go back there. I'll be a regular for sure!!! Great food, great prices, great service!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Nice foods and healthy foods. good service and nice place for me and my friends. please enjoy your dinner with your people.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Another high quality cheap eats restaurant with Japanese Food. Average price for a nice soup or curry bowl is around USD 2.8 and with free cold water, this is an incredible deal. Place is well laid out in typical Japanese style. Food is delicious. We have seen cheap eats in PP for Japanese restaurants before, they inevitably fail. I hope they stick around.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I've found myself at Marugame Udon for lunch the past 2 days now - the service is very quick, the udon is assembled in front of you, the noodles are thick and chewy, and the broth is tasty.

Udon options rage from less than $2 up to about $4, plus about a dozen different varieties of tempura to choose from.

Select your udon, select your tempura, select your drinks, pay, then add seasonings to your udon. Easy to use format, a comfortable blend of a sit-down restaurant meal and fast food.

Staff are friendly and helpful, dining area is clean and tastefully furnished.

Will be back a few more times to try the other varieties of udon, defijitely.

1  Thank Andrew_Alin
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

You can have a good budget food here. Just ate my lunch and payed less than a local restaurant. Very tasty, must try it when in Phnom penh.

1  Thank fabiangamarra