Lowest prices for your stay
RM 406
Get rewarded with One Key
HolidayInn.com
RM 406
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Lol.travel
RM 371
All reviews stayed here breakfast buffet is good size lobby floor city ub mongolia wifi concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2023

We had a very comfortable and pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn UB during our visit to Mongolia in early June.

Many thanks to the Front Desk Manager at the hotel who gave us a warm welcome and ensured we had a smooth check-in when we arrived. They gave us an excellent room on the 9th floor with great views of the city. The room was very clean and looked newly furnished. The wifi and water pressure worked very well, and the beds were very comfortable, especially after our long flight to UB.

The hotel is centrally located near to the Gandeng Monastery area, and it's an easy 15 minute walk to nearby attractions like the State Dept Store and Shangri-la Mall. It was convenient to get food and necessities nearby from the 24hr convenience stores and many dining options nearby. There is also a very nice restaurant on the 2nd floor of the hotel, which serves very nice Mongolian and international dishes at an affordable price. The breakfast buffet is also held at the 2nd floor restaurant; with good choice of food and beverage.

We (somewhat regrettably) checked out after 2 nights stay, to travel to the countryside, and left our luggage at the Front Desk/Concierge for safekeeping, which they did admirably.

Thank you again Holiday Day Inn UB for the lovely stay and would love to return there on our next visit to UB.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2023 via mobile

Stayed here 3-nights visiting Ulaanbataar. Comfortable stay with the usual Holiday Inn familiar feel. Big comfortable room, good size bathroom, friendly staff. Breakfast sees the same spread daily. Seating is limited and not well spaced out thus guests have to share tables. Like the other hotel we stayed HI also has issue with hot water supply when bathing. 20th floor hotel lounge was closed for renovation when we went there. Hotel should have signs at the lobby to inform guests instead of us getting to the 19th floor meeting rooms level and looking around how to get to the lounge, which still had a lighted sign as though its open for business.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2023

I am currently staying at this hotel and on check in I was told that my IHG membership cannot be accepted, since this is booked from a different portal, really ? Secondly i callled laundry service @1755 hrs and the refused laundry service. Not even a few hours and I regret checking into this IHG property. The hotel doesn’t provide a Iron and ironing board and keeps mentioning of checking the wardrobe. And last but not the least, the hotel doesn’t have a fan and cannot even fathom, I lived at the best western and kempenski and both had good service. Utterly disappointed #IHG

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Ulaanbaatar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2023

Hello Lloyd8011,

Thank you for choosing IHG Hotels and Resorts as your travel partner! We appreciate you as one of our valued guests. We pride ourselves in delivering warm and welcoming experiences for guests staying for business or pleasure. However, I am sorry for what happened during your stay. Your review was made known to the team, and I'm confident improvements will be made to deliver complete guest satisfaction.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private message to further reach out to you. I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 December 2021 via mobile

Hi,

I’m staying here for couple of days during my hotel isolation.
So far, food is delicious and got good view of the city, room has got good atmosphere. Most importantly customer service is great, friendly staff and prompt actions.
I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2019

Well, I have been staying here for over a week. Now, I am sure that you better not expect friendly greetings by the receptionists. As Well, if you intend to stay here over a week, mind that the bed sheets will be changed once in a week. Plus, it seemed Japanese friendly, solely.

The chiefs greet more often than the receptions.

What I thought is that Toyoko Inn Ulaanbaatar Administrators better learn from Ramada Chain Hotel which is right beside the road next to this premise.

This hotel is just cheaper and less serviced than the Ramada Ulaanbaatar City Center. Anyway, Ramada is still my #1 choise in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
HolidayinnMongolia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ulaanbaatar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for staying at the Holiday Inn Ulaanbaatar. I apologise for the negative stay you experienced in our hotel. Your experience is not the way we should treat and serve our guests. I will follow your case personally and will ensure that this experience should not happen to any other guest. I would appreciate if you can contact me under gm@hih.mn that I can give an update and to ensure to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Ulaanbaatar.

Sincerely yours