Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dora N
NYC

Terrible hotel....

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Jul 2015
Due to our flight delay, we needed to find one night accommodation and stayed here without a careful search.... big mistake. I knew this hotel about 20 years ago, used this public bath, but never stayed this place. First, we (a couple with a child) were told $150 per night for a family room (which was more expensive than our 4 star hotel in subsequent nights), thus this is not a cheap hotel. Second, the quality of room was terrible: smells of cigarette all over - no non-smoking rooms in the hotel, no AC (it was very hot night), old furniture, run-down room, and very bad mattress. We could not sleep well. One advantage of this hotel was a public bath but we could not use as it was closed at 10:00PM. Breakfast was not great, and location was isolated.

This has been accommodating Japanese clients but with all elements indicated above, I do not think the hotel could survive for the next 10 years (they have tour guests at least but no individual guests like us, who will choose to stay here). There are new and better accommodations in UB. We do not recommend here.
Date of stay: July 2015
Room Tip: No room is good.. all smoking rooms and terrible smell.
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • ZenHotels.com
    RM 725
1.7 km from Flower Hotel Ulaanbaatar
View more hotels in Ulaanbaatar
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2014

The room was fine - even had CNN etc. on TV, which I am not always accustomed to. The shower was fine. The breakfast was good enough. There was a business center which allowed me to check my email. What more could I want?

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2014

It is the first time to visit Ulaanbaatar on business trip in this September.
Our local partner strongly recommended this hotel in the standpoint of price, location
and comfort.
If someone who is looking for the suitable accommodation, this hotel would be good for you
especially for Japanese because this hotel is Japanese-invested one, due to that reason,
most of the staffs can speak Japanese (of course, the language level is depended on each staff,
but they can understand my intention in Japanese).
Not only Japanese lodgers, some of foreigners also stayed at this hotel (English is also available).
Last but not least, the free wi-fi connection condition in the room was not good, so if you want to access it without stress, wi-fi at the lobby is highly recommended.
I would like to use this hotel next time.

Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I get to UB and my company in it's wisdom had booked us in this dump. It is SO bad that its almost amusing! Old soviet style building with minimal furniture in the rooms. It was like they have shaved off half the mattress and made it into two ! No one in the hotel understood English (not even the front office guys)! A bottle of excellent Chinggis Vodka with friends took us through the night and we got out of there happily hungover and with a story !

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We got to Ulaanbaatar earlier than anticipated, and spent a night at the Flower waiting for the next day when we had a reservation at the Chinggis Khaan. The best way I can describe the hotel is "meh". The rooms were OK, but nothing to be excited about. Breakfast wasn't the worst I've ever had, but it certainly didn't rank as high up as "OK". The breakfast buffet was mostly empty, and whenever a new item came out people swarmed the dish so you barely had a chance at it. I will give the hotel credit, though, the Korean baths that came free with the room were a surprisingly elegant touch and a lot of fun; however, for the price I was paying, I frankly would've expected a shower in the room instead of just public showers.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at the Flower for four days as part of a business trip to Ulaanbaatar and after the first night asked my office to move me to a different hotel. I tried to change rooms but the hotel said that they were fully booked so this wasn't possible. So what was wrong? Well as soon as you enter the room you are confronted with a smell of damp and urine especially in the bathroom, the carpet is dirty and torn, the window was broken and when I first arrived the bedroom was infested with flies. The bathroom looked like some madman had been let loose with a sledgehammer since so many of the tiles are broken. Once I had swatted all the flies in the bedroom I tried to connect my computer to the internet only to find that the internet point is too far from the power point to allow you have your notebook plugged in at the same time. The TV is a little 14" CRT which only shows Mongolian channels so bad luck if you don't speak Mongolian.
The breakfast consists of rubbery egg and luke warm sausages, if you want cereal you have a choice of Frosties! They regularly run out of basics like bread and customers had to keep asking for supplies to be replenished.
I also had mornings where there was no hot water so I had to have a cold shower and the toilet blocked on one occasion. I also thought I heard the scurry of little animals in the room at night but can't be sure so I may be doing them an injustice.
All in all this hotel was a terrible experience and I couldn't wait to get out of here, in the end I moved down the road to the Chinggis Khaan which isn't perfect but at least you get the feeling that it is clean and safe.

Date of stay: July 2011