Hotels.com
Psqpla
To choose
Review of Bishrelt Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Nov 2021via mobile
I found the hotel excellent. The rooms are very confortable, well equipped and spacious. Room service is effective and cleaning is remarkable. Assistance of front desk always available and people are very kind and keen to help you. Restaurant is elegant the food is of good quality with a very good price. Wi-Fi freely available and effective. Location is very good. Nice area walkable distance from main square
Date of stay: November 2021Trip type: Travelled solo
  • ZenHotels.com
    RM 447
2.6 km from Bishrelt Hotel
View more hotels in Ulaanbaatar
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

The first thing that struck us when we arrived was that the hotel seemed empty. Most of the time it was almost like being in a hotel version of the Marie Celeste - as if all the guests had been vanished. Rather eerie. We also realized from the start that communication was going to be a problem. I cannot understand how hotels in a capital city centre can employ reception staff that can't even speak a modicum of English.

The room was as expected from other reviews, trying to appear opulent with rather over the top decor - which you could tell was 'faux' but spacious room and good storage facilities. Overall, the room was good. The bathroom had a large bathtub, bathrobes and slippers, and good selection of 'minis' (except no body lotion). One grouse was that the first morning, the water was hot but the second morning it was just barely hotter than lukewarm. There is a kettle but better to bring your own tea, coffee, sugar etc. as there was a very limited supply when we arrived and this was not replenished at all by the chambermaid.

Breakfast was something else! I went down, thinking there would be a buffet in the large restaurant. No one seemed to be around and a smallish 'VIP' room near the lift (empty) seemed to vaguely suggest breakfast, but the four tureens were clean and unused, so I 'mimed' eating to a passing cleaning lady. She came back with someone from reception who told me to sit in this empty room. About five minutes later a young couple came in and sat down - so then there were three! I found one solitary Liptons teabag on a table (with a few sachets of other teas I think) and made myself a cup with not very hot water from a flask, and milk from a container. Another 5 minutes went past and someone came in and took my room number. About 10 minutes later, he came back with a melange of what looked like leftovers from yesterday's dinner (though the large restaurant had also looked empty to me). It consisted of cold, oily sauteed veg, some chipolata sausages, rice and two cold hard poached eggs on top. This plate was plonked down in front of me - quite disgusting but I was hungry enough to try to eat a bit of it. There were no serviettes or cruet on the table. About 15 minutes later a plate of a few cut up bits of apple and watermelon was brought. No fruit juice or bakery selection, cereal, butter, jam, etc. Needless to say, I didn't even bother to go down for breakfast the next morning.

Other gripes were, the chambermaid removed my bathroom slippers - they looked almost the same as the ones supplied, but they weren't, so maybe she thought I ought to use the new ones!, and no new tea or coffee supplies were left - so having decided NOT to eat the breakfast the second morning, I had to go down to the (again empty) breakfast room and get myself a teabag.

Also on our last day, we wanted to store our bags on check out and go and do a bit more sightseeing and have lunch before collecting them. That was ok, but on returning we were charged 12000 MNT for 3 small bottles of water they said we had used. We had used one from the fridge (ok maybe that was one we were legitimately charged for) and a couple left on top of the fridge unit. In other hotels any water left out is gratis, so be careful. I think we were charged wrongly, but we couldn't be bothered to dispute this because of the language problem, so paid up.

It rather amused me that there was a sign in the room 'Review us on Trip Advisor and get a free cup of coffee'. Where, how, I wonder!!

So room was good and location very good (within 10/15 minutes walk of almost all the places we wanted to see) but overall the hotel is probably a 2 star at the most.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

Hotel does not take care of the customers.

Two incidents to demonstrate:

1) lugguage delayed. No service to help us retrieve lugguage at a cost.

2) staff in hotel works with taxi drivers very that do not use meter.

3) when the agreed price with hotel was at dispute with driver the hotel staff support the 60% in price

4) when asked for mgt of hotel to step in. Staff told me they do not work on Sunday!

Final recommendation for all mongolia travellers. The hotel staff and taxis drivers works under table to Target tourist. Shocking!

Always always stay with guesthouse and use transports from this guest house who arranges all the wonderful trips.

My bads to assume I would be in better hands in a hotel of higher scale.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2019

The elevator was not working when I arrived, and I was told it had been out of order for a week, but would be fixed “today.” You guessed it: of course it wasn’t fixed during my stay, so I had to get up and down to my room using the stairs.

Despite that inconvenience, the room was very nice. I was in Room 407, which is a very large room. The bedroom itself was large, with a large bed, TV, armchair, desk and chair, coffee table, closet, small fridge with minibar, and plenty of spaces to store your bag.

The bathroom is also very large, with a separate bath and shower, makeup mirror and hair dryer.

There is also a large living room area. I maybe would have used it if I had worked out where to find the light switch for it! It has a large sofa, coffee table, sideboard, closet, and iron and ironing board.

The reception staff were very helpful. The food in the restaurant was merely so-so and the service was bad.

The location, while not right in the center of the city, was not bad, being just a few blocks from the main square. It was close to some temples west of the central city.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2019 via mobile

My luggage was delayed or mishandled by Mongolia Air, we request the hotel to help us pick it up the next day. To our surprise they don’t have such services! So we need to reschedule our tour in order to pick up my luggage on our own. In order not to have a bad experience with cab driver, which is well known for setting tourist trap, we asked the hotel staff to arrange one. Sad to say, the luggage was delayed by an hour, which we already informed the staff that this might happen. And ask him to inform the driver even before we negotiate the taxi fare. We bordered the taxi with an agreed fare. When I reach the hotel happily with my luggage, the taxi driver requested additional 60% more from the agreed fare! Of course we don’t want to pay, we ask the staff to help, but he didn’t even help and just translate what the taxi driver requested. Seriously this the worst experience with hotel we ever stay in before, and they consider as 4 stars hotel with not even a 1 star standard! What we are paying comparing to staying at guest house is not worth a single cent.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2018

This hotel ticks all the right boxes - the rooms are stylish, spacious and comfortable. Prices affordable and well worth what we paid. Conveniently located if none does not mind a bit of walking to shops and places of interests. Staff is helpful, some has limited English. Taxis and other forms of transportation are easily available from the hotel. Failing that, private cars can be flagged down for short runs around the city, Uber Mongolian style.

Room tip: 5th floor rooms were great
Date of stay: October 2018