Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
RM 394
No prepayment needed
Jorn Horaczek
London, United Kingdom

Nice and friendly business hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jan 2023via mobile
I was booked into this hotel on my last business trip to Mongolia. This little boutique hotel is located in the centre of Ulaan-Bataar not far from Sukhbaatar Sqaure and the Shangri La Mall. The staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are functional and clean. There is a little breakfast room with a very basic and limited selection of food and a coffee maker. This hotel is not luxurious but very friendly and local. I like it and wouldn’t mind staying here again.
Date of stay: December 2022
  • ZenHotels.com
    RM 503
3.5 km from Edelweiss Art Hotel
View more hotels in Ulaanbaatar
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2022

I stayed at Edelweiss for a total of 7 nights as a solo traveler. It is considered centrally location but it is actually a little west of central, still a great location. Because of the traffic congestion, walking is the best way to get around (I averaged 2-9 miles a day). The rooms were clean, 2 bottles of water provided daily. The reception and housekeeping staff very nice, always available. The restaurant cafe is run by a different company/owner. It feels like a lounge and is nice place to hang out with glass of wine after long day touring. It is also popular with locals. It was closed on Sunday. The pasta dish & pizza were excellent. The complimentary breakfast buffet included tea & coffee (with warm milk for your coffee), juice drink, a very yummy cold oatmeal concoction with apples, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs with meat to order. The breakfast coffee was subpar, but the restaurant served a great cappuccino (approx US $2.332). I didn't see an elevator; all rooms are on the 2nd & 3rd level. The hotel is tastefully decorated and the art on the wall is for sell. Just 1-2 blocks west are two restaurants that I highly recommend: Italian restaurant Albero's (on the east side of the Mika Hotel) and Lonsdale Art Lounge. There is no airport transfer service. I took a shuttle from airport for US$10.00. For my return to airport, it cost me $20.00. Allow minimum 1 hour. The street names in UB are confusing with poor signage. I consider the hotel to be on Embassy Rd., not Chin Van whatever Street.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here two nights on a recent business trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful and could communicate in simple English. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood a distance from the busy streets, so not much overnight noise. Furnishings and amenities are simple but adequate. The breakfast was also simple but had all standard items. They also prepared a nice to go breakfast for me, when we had to leave before the normal breakfast hours.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Stayed at the hotel for a week on a business trip. All arrangements were made, so didn't book myself.

Service: The hotel staff are very good. Though English can be a problem in several places in Mongolia, I was able to manage well with the hotel staff. The service overall was prompt and very courteous.

Room: The rooms were clean and sufficient for twin-sharing. Rooms were centrally heated with a little balcony. The bathroom was also clean, with running hot water. The room was stocked with a mini-bar.

Food: The restaurant was particularly good. Since this was my first visit to Mongolia, I was keen to try the local dishes. They had a range of local fare and also a few continental dishes. The salads were also very good. I did eat in other places, but found the food at the restaurant to be good. The portions were sumptuous and reasonably priced.

Activities: The hotel is off Peace Avenue so it's in the heart of the city centre. The Parliament is a 10 min walk, while the Departmental Store (where most of the shopping is done) is 15 min away. We were there for a workshop, which was hosted at the hotel.

Overall: Great stay at the hotel. I left with happy memories of Mongolia.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bozobijoor
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We arrived here after 27 hours on the trans Mongolian express so a very comfortable bed and a shower were a god save.

The room was clean and comfortable but a bit noisy. Ulaanbaatar has a goodly supply of people who enjoy a drink or two and a lot of them seemed to be outside our window that night.

We had dinner in the hotel - eggs with caviar, fish and chips and ice cream which was simple but good.

The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GJen_12
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Rooms were OK. We arrived there as a family after being on the dirty roads for 18 days. So we were just happy for a shower and a cozy bed. Wifi worked. Breakfast was OK. We only spent 1 short night, leaving early for the airport. They organized a taxi for us - friendly staff.

Date of stay: August 2016