Hotels.com
Priceline
Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2019

Hotel itself is average but location is good if you're passing through Ulaanbaatar. Not much to say about the hotel but the staff speaks English and is helpful to organize your taxi or a tour. This is a popular hotel for weddings and events which adds to the ambiance. Breakfast buffet serves standard fare is surprisingly decent.

WiFi is spotty depending on where you are but works in the lobby and rooms.

I would like to acknowledge the front desk woman Anu who assisted me with my delayed luggage via Air China and local travel plans. She's wonderful and works hard.

The Korean version of Walmart called eMart is next door and has everything you need from groceries, clothing, travel, toiletries so don't fret if you forgot something at home.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank jtlg
Reviewed 20 August 2019

First, the good parts. Staff is friendly, though checkin took longer than it should. The breakfast included with the room was excellent. I did laundry through the hotel. They did a great job at a very reasonable price

The bad parts.....

1. Both times I’ve checked into the hotel, I was given a room with broken AC, had to ask for a new room. Even with the new room, the temperature was still high

2. The shower heads in every room I occupied we’re old, needed to be replaced

3. Hot water was apparently in short supply. Some days the shower barely got warm

4. Bugs everywhere the first stay. Signs said they were beyond the hotels control, and not to open the windows (which of course you need to open if you got a room without a working AC)

5. Booked a tour with the front desk after reading none of their brochures. I think the person behind the desk actually had a friend drive us. Clearly it was their personal car, is bad shape, and didn’t take us on all the stops listed in the brochure. The driver spoke no English

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

We have stayed in the hotel few weeks it’s highly recommend. Good service , very friendly staff and comfortable bed , laundry service was excellent .
Morning breakfast is good , hotel in restaurant cooking excellent Mongolian dishes very tasty .
Using mongolian organic vegetables .

Thank you very much Chinggis Khaan hotel management.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah W
Puntsag, Director of Sales at Chinggis Khaan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2019

Dear Sarah W

Greetings from Chinggis khaan hotel.

First of all, I am grateful for your stay at our Chinggis khaan hotel and would like to thank you for your very kind and thoughtful review.

It is a great pleasure to know that you were highly satisfied with our hotel especially regarding our staff and room. We hope that your stay was very memorable and your comments have been shared with all.

Moreover, we will strive to our best to make your next stay much more satisfactory by providing the most comfortable and exceptional services.

Sincerely yours
Pepe
Director of Marketing Sales

Reviewed 28 May 2019

I had a great time at Chinggis Khaan Hotel. I was specially pleased receptionists, especially miss Miga, who is fluent in Russian and English. Thank you very much Miga.
My room was very comfortable. Best wishes to Chinggis Khaan Hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Puntsag, Manager at Chinggis Khaan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Chinggis khaan hotel for your recent trip in UB, Mongolia and thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor site. I'm glad that you mentioned our front desk staff.

Thank you again and look forward to have you with us again in near future with better service!

Best Regards,
Pepe Puntsag Ochirbat
Head of Marketing Sales

Reviewed 23 April 2019

I had a great time here at the Chinggis Khaan Hotel. The staff is friendly and speaks English fairly well to order taxi for me to go to the places I want to go. Room is clean and comfortable with a bathtub, coffee and tea facilities in the room and 24 hrs room service.
My first night here, I tried to put the air condition on but it turned out to be the heater. The aircon of the hotel is not switched on in Spring even though the room temperature may be quite warm. I was on the 8th floor but the window of my room was wired in so there was no hope of opening the window to let the air flow. The receptionist was very concerned that was uncomfortable, the next day they changed my room and it became quite pleasant after that.
Breakfast was good with continental and Mongolian breakfast consist of Porridge (rice or oat), savoury dishes and fruits with yogurt. Coffee and tea included. Bread and some times croissants or cakes. I stay here a week and not much variation in the breakfast choices but I do love the occasional seaweed soup for breakfast.
There is a gym with serious body building gym instructors who are always willing to come and help you.and Guests may use the gym freely but the swimming pool is always booked by classes and for the week I was here, I was not able to get in even or a quick swim. Sauna is under service. The Sky-mall attached to the hotel is not in operation yet. However, the hotel is right next to the Emart and have fairly good food court within the supermarket.
There is also a Ballroom but mostly for private functions.
Chinggis Khaan Hotel is quite central to most attractions, very busy streets but the hotel is set quite a distance from the road so the rooms are quite.

Room tip: The front of the hotel faces east so the room warms up quickly in the morning
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Puntsag, Director of Sales at Chinggis Khaan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2019

Dear Guest

First of all many thanks for this review and of course staying with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the choices offered at breakfast. All of us look forward to the pleasure to welcome you back soon, with best regards