Lowest prices for your stay
RM 219
Perth, Australia
Needs to lift its game
Review of Guide Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Jun 2019via mobile
Tucked away in a not very prepossessing location this hotel is supposed to be only ten years old. The Mongolian staff spoke no English and whilst friendly were clearly very inexperienced and untrained. The door to the first room we were given didn't seem to open or close properly, some lights didn't work. We'd still have been left there with a shrug and a smile of the owner's French husband hadn't taken charge. Everything worked ok in our final room but it wasn't exactly the cleanest. No airconditioning either, no lift. Breakfast was delicious (French husband is the chef).
Date of stay: June 2019Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • Trip.com
    RM 238
2.2 km from Guide Hotel
View more hotels in Ulaanbaatar
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Be sure to take directions and know where you are going as the hotel is in the back streets and your taxi drive will get lost trying to find it

Once you are there the rooms are simple but have everything you need - see if you can upgrade to a room with a urge - it was worth asking as I got one!
there is a "bar" in the restaurant of the hotel and the front desk staff are happy to serve you as you catch up with friends old and new. It is not a place you would want to extend your stay but the service of the staff was exceptional. When I slept in and missed my tour bus the staff helped me get a taxi and directed them where to meet the bus - I met up with my crew and had a great day!

When I left I had an early flight. I had arranged with the staff to have a taxi waiting - they called my room to let me know it had arrived (right one time!) and when I got downstairs they had a take away breakfast prepared for me. If anyone has been to UB airport you would know there are no food options so this was a greatly appreciated gesture. Thank you for the service and if/when I come back I would choose to stay at Guide Hotel for the service Ir received (especially for the price I paid!)

Room tip: Ask for an upgrade when you arrive - you might just get a lounge room!!
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I stayed here before and after an Intrepid trip around Mongolia...... Don't let the surroundings put you off! The hotel is located in a bit of a run down Soviet era square that looks a little dodgy but really isn't. Its perfectly safe and located a short walk away from the main square and main attractions of UB. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy and the hotel is really good value. Some issues with availability of hot water but they do warn you about that before hand - its a recognised issue in UB apparently!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This hotel was used by Intrepid as the start and end point of our group tour. We stayed a couple of extra nights. It is conveniently located in walking distance from the city attractions. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom with bath and shower, was clean with plentiful hot water. Breakfast was included.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This hotel was like an oasis amongst the bustle of the capital city. It was chosen by Intrepid for group tours and I stayed an extra night either side of the itinerary to "acclimatise" after a long trip. Looks can be deceiving as you approach it from the main road but I soon realised it was an excellent base with own restaurant, clean comfortable rooms and wonderful beds, plenty of hot water and such friendly, helpful staff, particularly the manager Chinee who went out of her way to make sure her guests were contented and any questions answered. Most people speak little English apart from those working in restaurants and hotels so it was a great asset to have Chinee on hand! Great location and about 10-15 minutes walk into city centre for main shops, museums, restaurants etc. The hotel did currency exchange as well (to a max) if one couldn't be bothered to go to an ATM like me! Although I didn't eat dinners here, their breakfasts were of great variety and hearty and satisfying. What more can I say than hope to one day visit this hotel again and a big big thank you to all the staff who made my stay so memorable.

Room tip: 2nd floor facing toward huge buddha more quiet
Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very clean as well as the room and bathroom. the rooms themselves are spacious and the beds are comfortable. Hotel's staff is so nice and helpful. The location is very central, but quiet since the hotel is a on a side street. I would return again to this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple