Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Newcastle, Australia

Great play to stay

Review of Guide Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jul 2019
Excellent location and a friendly hotel with the added bonus of a French chef who makes his own bread and conserves. We arrived 7 hours late because of plane delays and they did not charge us for the night we missed and we were also upgraded to a very large room. The facilities are not brand new but comfortable and clean.
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    RM 236
  • Agoda.com
2.2 km from Guide Hotel
View more hotels in Ulaanbaatar
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2019 via mobile

This is a straightforward hotel that is nevertheless very clean and well appointed where it matters. Bedding is crisp and comfortable, bathrooms have all that one wants and the staff are responsive, friendly and helpful. Breakfasts are a decent buffet. Overall I was pleased, felt very safe and found the proximity to the city center very convenient.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank lightvision2015
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Within easy walking distance to the centre of town this is a good starting point for exploring the many attractions of the city. The rooms are large and well appointed and the staff are friendly but struggle with English. The French chef is a great asset as he bakes bread for breakfast daily.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

Tucked away in a not very prepossessing location this hotel is supposed to be only ten years old. The Mongolian staff spoke no English and whilst friendly were clearly very inexperienced and untrained. The door to the first room we were given didn't seem to open or close properly, some lights didn't work. We'd still have been left there with a shrug and a smile of the owner's French husband hadn't taken charge. Everything worked ok in our final room but it wasn't exactly the cleanest. No airconditioning either, no lift. Breakfast was delicious (French husband is the chef).

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BJ0707
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Be sure to take directions and know where you are going as the hotel is in the back streets and your taxi drive will get lost trying to find it

Once you are there the rooms are simple but have everything you need - see if you can upgrade to a room with a urge - it was worth asking as I got one!
there is a "bar" in the restaurant of the hotel and the front desk staff are happy to serve you as you catch up with friends old and new. It is not a place you would want to extend your stay but the service of the staff was exceptional. When I slept in and missed my tour bus the staff helped me get a taxi and directed them where to meet the bus - I met up with my crew and had a great day!

When I left I had an early flight. I had arranged with the staff to have a taxi waiting - they called my room to let me know it had arrived (right one time!) and when I got downstairs they had a take away breakfast prepared for me. If anyone has been to UB airport you would know there are no food options so this was a greatly appreciated gesture. Thank you for the service and if/when I come back I would choose to stay at Guide Hotel for the service Ir received (especially for the price I paid!)

Room tip: Ask for an upgrade when you arrive - you might just get a lounge room!!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I stayed here before and after an Intrepid trip around Mongolia...... Don't let the surroundings put you off! The hotel is located in a bit of a run down Soviet era square that looks a little dodgy but really isn't. Its perfectly safe and located a short walk away from the main square and main attractions of UB. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy and the hotel is really good value. Some issues with availability of hot water but they do warn you about that before hand - its a recognised issue in UB apparently!

Date of stay: August 2018