Lowest prices for your stay
RM 1,479
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviews amusement park beautiful hotel duty manager other hotels rooms are nice breakfast buffet blue sky hutong gym city amenities kai luxury comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2023

I have been using the Shangri-la hotel in Ulaanbaatar for the last 5 years now and each and every time i stay the hotel staff go above and beyond to make my stay perfect.
This trip i arrived 5 hours earlier than usual but this was no problem for the staff they took my luggage and i went for breakfast.
Before i had finished my early breakfast (which was amazing) the staff came to tell me my room was available ..........unbelievable service considering my arrival was so early. Thank you to all involved especially the hotel manager Christina

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2023

We had two stays, one for one night and one for three after attending the Eagle Festival in western Mongolia. Arrival and check in was smooth and efficient. The front desk was able to hold a bag for us for the three days we spent away at the festival. We had breakfast included which was an easy way to start each day. The Nadam restaurant had Oktoberfest going on the night we arrived and we ate there again one other night. Service there was a bit slow to absent for both nights.
The rooms were pleasant, roomy and clean. Beds were comfortable and there was a soft and a firm pillow for each person. We didn't have any special requests although I'm sure they would have been accommodated. The showers were roomy and water pressure/temp control very good. Wi-Fi was stable and strong throughout the hotel property. No password so connecting was easy.
The hotel complex is located in a very convenient location which is great once you're there but can take some time coming from outside (tours, airport etc). We were able to walk to most attractions from the hotel and dine/drink in the area within walking distance.
Overall pleasant staff, comfortable rooms and convenient location. Well worth considering while staying in UB.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2023 via mobile

Overall stay was fine. Hotel is beautiful. Rooms comfy. The sports club that guests get to use at the connected mall is 5 star. Breakfast buffet and all day lunch dinner buffet has a huge selection of foods. The reason I took a star away is I asked for a 5am ride to the airport. My flight was at 840am. Each time I checked for a total of 4 times by 4 different front desk agents( I felt I needed to keep verifying ) I was told 5 am was too early to go and I should go at 6am. I practically had to beg and explain I like to get to airports early to avoid the long check in lines and for $100 one way to airport for 40min ride I should easily get to choose when I go to the airport. In the end I did get picked up at 5am but NOT by the hotel car which I paid for but by a taxi service. I stayed in room 1417 from Sept 15-17 if the GM would like to reach out to me via email to explain the push back from your front desk agents. I travel extensively. I don’t need to be told how to travel and when to travel. Extremely aggravating for a 5 Star hotel.

Room tip: Make sure you get what you want not what you are told you need
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank BPB2018
Reviewed 13 September 2023 via mobile

Christina at check-in was my first experience of Mongolian hospitality. Efficient and clearly helped where she could, to enhance my stay.

Rooms are spacious and furnished well.

The gym has a funny rule about sneakers. U have to wear your slippers in, and then change to gym shoes?

Room tip: Bring your own BT speaker cos there's none
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2023

1. Living to its Brand Name – Shangri-la Hotel – Ulaanbaatar

Nice, welcoming lounge. Courteous Staff, Decently spacious room, Very Comfy bed, cozy and well-stocked bathroom, made our stay very comfortable at this hotel.

To top it all, was the Elaaaaborate spread at Breakfast time, starting from bakery section, to soups, to live counter for eggs and another live counter for noodles, to a Oriental food section, having Korean and Japanese breakfast items. To me it appeared to be an elaborate lunch buffet spread.

Its Value for money.

Room tip: everything is perfect
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple