Lowest prices for your stay
RM 461
erkardo
Great Stay
Review of Narantuul Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Aug 2014
I stayed 2 nights in Narantuul hotel this summer. it was great stay for me. Location is nice. close to Gandan Monastry and Department Store. Many good restaurants and shops around there. Located in City center. Staffs are friendly, good value. I highly recommend this hotel.
Date of stay: August 2014Trip type: Travelled on business
    RM 512
    RM 589
4.2 km from Narantuul Hotel
View more hotels in Ulaanbaatar
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for second time. If you get good price the hotel is OK. If its over 100$ its overpriced

1. Hotel is quite outdated and it would need change of carpets or chemical cleaning of them.
2. Breakfast is awful
3. Staff is nice but dont speak english

But it was warm and the water was hot.

The rooms are big, I have ben staying in apartment with small kitchen and living room

Room tip: Take rooms higher that 3rd floor
Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our tour company put my travel partner and I in this hotel for the couple nights in UB. It is a business person hotel - or so appeared to us. We were the only women at breakfast; the men appeared to be on business trips to UB. The food in the breakfast buffet was good, and varied. The options were suitable for my tastes (American). Service was excellent. The room was comfortable, clean and huge! Included desk space, kitchenette, living room. Bathroom was clean, and more than adequate. We were on the 9th floor, and had a good view of the neighborhood leading up to the Temple. I accidentally left the key in the door, on the outside of the room, all night our first night. No disturbance.

My one complaint is that there were construction going on in the commerical lot next door until about 2 AM. Our tour guide said that this was typical because of the terrible traffic in UB; the construction vehicles would not have been too hard to deal with during the daytime traffic.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yamco
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and picked this hotel from Lonely Planet Review. Hotel is 3 stars and within 30 minute walk to the central Square of UB: Sukhbaatar Square. Hotel is right off the main road: Peace Avenue and short walking distance to the State Department Store. Many shops, restaurants next to the hotel.

Review of Hotel itself:

As other reviewers have stated, rooms are spacious and clean although showing it's age with older carpets, some stains and few wall sockets coming out etc.... reason I gave it a 3 star Avg rating......I would say they need to some remodeling very soon or this hotel could loose it's status very quickly.

I paid $159.00 per night for a Double room and other people I was with had a single for $109.00. Reasonable prices as you are on the main road and close to the city center. Rooms are well over $200.00 at the city center so again the price is good.

Room was spacious and came with a small kitchen, sink, stove, small refrigerator so could be used for a longer stay. Bed was very firm but clean sheets and I slept well. Only issue is the noise as other reviewers have commented on. No way of getting around this unless they put in sound proof windows to keep out the constant honking and traffic noise.

There was fast free internet/wifi in room and throughout hotel which is a plus. Did not use the TV but fellow colleague said TV was "in and out". Shower was large and clean with hot water and excellent water pressure.

Hotel offers a sauna (did not use) and business room. There is no gym or weight room on premise. Staff were helpful and spoke some English which is nice. I had breakfast both mornings at their cafe/restaurant which was a relaxing setting in a glass enclosed deck room overlooking downtown. Food and service was good.

Bottom Line question: "Would I stay here again?" I would say yes given the location and price but as stated above they need to do some upgrades or routine maintenance if they want to remain competitive and keep their 3 star status.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Due to a business trip I stayed one week with no major issues. The room was comfortable, although the television needed some upgrade. Friendly staff, an average breakfast and for my business trip a very good location.

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I was lucky to be on the ninth floor, room 92, which was an extremely large suite with added kitchen and dining area.

The hotel was spotless, had excellent staff and was very welcoming. I only had one evening at the hotel and was extremely glad of its comforts and service after a few days living in a ger.

Others have said language and issue, which I agree with - but nothing was not sorted and service was always given with a smile.

I think some rooms at lower levels may have been troubled by traffic noise - and if you have ever been to UB you can appreciate this can be an issue. The rooms on the 9th floor had bedrooms overlooking the rear that helped.

I may be back in two weeks - and have no worries about returning.

Room tip: The higher up the quieter!
Date of stay: September 2012