World Heritage Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$118
Osmanhan Hotel(Istanbul)
US$111
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Villa Pera Suite Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$51
  • Breakfast included
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$77
Priceline
US$523
US$380
  • Restaurant
All reviewsturkeymarmara seablue mosquequiet locationairport pickupmin walkrooms are nicetop floorexcellent locationmajor attractionsgrand bazaarneighborhood
Reviewed 11 December 2015

We stayed 3nights, arriving very late the first night. they arranged a pick up for us, which was good at midnight!
Food was good, romm very comfortable and quiet. Extremely helpful and friendly. would strongly recommend.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jill F
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Tripadvisor helped me in choosing this boutique hotel. The location so close to all city attractions was a great plus. The front desk manned by Harun and Yousuf was very helpful in guiding me on using public transportation. Rooms facing the sea could be noisy but rooms facing city tend to be quieter. Bathroom was spotless, hot water supply was excellent and the best part of the stay was the breakfast on the terrace, overlooking the sea of Marmara. Breakfast is an array of cheeses, jams, breads, sweets, fresh and dried fruits, lokum (Turkish Delight), Helva, and beautiful yogurt. Coffee was not that great but the vast array of food is enough to make you happy. The lady serving the breakfast is a kind hostess who plied me with fruit when I told her I was a vegetarian.
The only negative event that I encountered was that a guest next door was on his balcony talking on his phone in a very loud manner at 1 am in the morning. Not the hotel's fault but they didn't address it and I had to open my balcony door and ask the guest to keep it down in my best school teacher voice and he immediately complied. I think it will be good if the hotel enshrined this in their rule book - saying be considerate to other guests and keep the noise levels down after midnight or something like that.
Linen was changed every day, bathroom kept spotless and a supply of towels and shampoo and soap was kept up every day till the date of departure.
Shuttle service to airport is very reasonable as well.
For the price I paid, I must say that the value I got out of staying her is priceless.

Stayed: November 2015
5  Thank Florenza54
Reviewed 23 October 2015

We have been travelling for 6 weeks ,our daughter joined us for a few nights and our stay here was extremely good. The location is central, many restaurants to choose from to eat at night. Near to all the historic sites. The view from the Terrace over the Sea of Marmara at breakfast was perfect. The breakfast choice caters for all palates, good fresh fruit, omelettes,bread, yogurt ,cheese,cakes pastries and olives with plentiful coffee or tea. Rooms were a reasonable size.,bathroom a good size. We also had a small balcony,our room was at the back and didn't have a view but was quiet. Room 403. My daughter and I sat on the terrace in the sun for an hour and the lovely breakfast lady served us homemade cake and fresh squeezed pomegranate juice while we were there! The staff are all very friendly and very willing to answer all questions.

Stayed: October 2015
4  Thank kpgreynomads
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

I spent 8 nights at Saruhan hotel and I was very pleased.

It is just a little away from the main touristic area, makes this hotel a perfect location. The neighbourhood is quiet and there is a real community with its nice park, shops and houses. Yet, it is an walkable distance from the Blue Mosque and other sights; there are restaurants and eateries closeby, and it is 15 minutes walk up to the tram line or the Metro line (Yenikapi) to the bus station and Atatürk airport.

The staff is really helpful and speaks English. The price/quality rapport is excellent; it includes a great breakfast, it is well maintained and offers clean space and rooms. In addition, there is a terrasse on the top with a superb view of Marmara sea.

The first 5 nights upon my arrival I stayed in the basement. It is a very nice room, cheaper and quiet, perfect choice for overcoming the jetlag. I had another room for the last 3 nights (2 weeks later) in a very nice room on the "basement floor" with an access to a great patio in an inside court.

I strongly recommend!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank sternaauparadis
Reviewed 11 October 2015

This will sound strange, but we stayed here five years ago and absolutely hated it. We knew back then the Saruhan hotel had a good reputation, and the hotel itself was actually fine, but there was heavy construction work going on next door which had made it intolerable to be in the hotel during the day time. So if I reviewed it back then (and I can't recall if I did or not), I would have rated it somewhere around two or three out of five.

So in August when we came back to Istanbul we chose another location, slightly closer to the Sultanahmet, a more expensive, also with good reviews. But when we turned up late at night -- to this other hotel -- we had a shock. The room was poky, badly maintained, and the staff were terrible. So first thing in the morning we went looking for a new hotel and decided to walk in the door to Saruhan and ask if they had a room.

Fortunately they did! And we were also gratified to find out that all that construction work years ago was not just an extension to the Saruhan, so back during our first visit the construction really was out of their control. This time our stay was perfect. Large, clean rooms, A/C that really works, great breakfast on the terrace with a view of the sea (hot egg dishes to order for a couple of Lira), and super friendly staff at any time of the day. The main day manager in particular was really helpful to organize our last minute stay.

The only negative is the 15 minute hike up the hill to the main tourist drag (or a taxi ride that frequently comes out to a fixed rate 10 Lira).

If/when we go back to Istanbul, Saruhan will be our first preference for a great value hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple