“Best Cooking Class of My Life!”
Review of Cooking Alaturka

Cooking Alaturka
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Alaturka offers daily Turkish cooking classes, either from 10:30 to 14:30 or from 16:30 to 20:30, to groups ranging from 2 to 11 persons. You cook five authentic Turkish dishes together with other travellers, under supervision of Rocco and his Turkish chef. Our classes are hands-on and fun, as well as informative. They are suitable for both professional chefs and kitchen novices. Afterwards, enjoy your cooking efforts over lunch or dinner with some local wine. We also function as a regular lunch and dinner restaurant, offering a daily-changing four-course menu. Reservations are recommended due to limited space.
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I've taken about six cooking classes now and this has been my favorite by far. Rocco and his wife were such a sweet, entertaining couple. There was only one other student besides us, and we all got along tremendously. We learned how to make five dishes and I loved all of them. The lesson was very hands on, more than any other class I've taken. We took turns doing different tasks, and the kitchen is very spacious. After our two-hour lesson, we spent three hours dining together and enjoying tea with our meal. They spent lots of time giving us suggestions for touring Istanbul, which was very generous.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Was really great! Nice people and you learn alot. An unique experience! I had 4 meals prepared and there were al very nice.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I truly enjoyed the meal and friendly atmosphere at Alaturka! I hope to try an Alaturka cooking class my next visit to Istanbul. Having experienced the freshness of the food and the friendliness of Rocco and Leyla, I know that the inexperienced cook that I am, would have fun and come to enjoy cooking!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I had such an amazing time with Rocco and Leyla during the cooking Alaturka class and I would highly recommend it.

Beyond the fact that you get to learn how to make beautiful turkish dishes (some fairly easy than you can prepare at home with not much effort) you have also all sort of insights about food in general in Turkey, where to buy ingredients, the food culture and cutstoms etc. Leyla is very passionnate about Istanbul and you can expect some great insights and tips about the city and it's hidden gems.

The experience exceeded my expectations as I had to enjoy the learning process and the food tasting in the beautiful restaurant afterwards, but it was heart-warming to share 4 hours of fun, laughter, stories with this lovely couple.

And oh yes, the food was great. Did I say it already? :)

1  Thank Houda_c
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

I travel around a lot and wherever I go, I take cooking classes from local places. Alaturka cooking place is stunning and absolutely one of best cooking classes I have taken so far.

We cooked 7 different Turkish menus. Learning from instructor and had food we cooked in the fancy restaurant after finished was more than amazing.

Instructors are very friendly and explained a lot even after cooking where to go buy ingredients.

I recommend this since it's a perfect activity while cold in Istanbul, and everybody loves Turkish cuisine but it's even better to know how to cook after we travel back home ;)