“amazing time!”
Review of Cooking Alaturka

Cooking Alaturka
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Alaturka offers daily Turkish cooking classes, either from 10:30 to 14:30 or from 16:30 to 20:30, to groups ranging from 2 to 11 persons. You cook five authentic Turkish dishes together with other travellers, under supervision of Rocco and his Turkish chef. Our classes are hands-on and fun, as well as informative. They are suitable for both professional chefs and kitchen novices. Afterwards, enjoy your cooking efforts over lunch or dinner with some local wine. We also function as a regular lunch and dinner restaurant, offering a daily-changing four-course menu. Reservations are recommended due to limited space.
Reviewed 10 June 2017

This was one of our best evenings in Istanbul! We joined a small group of tourists to learn about Turkish food while preparing a 4 course meal. I am a novice and my husband an experienced cook and we both really enjoyed it. We had spent several days in Istanbul by that time and this was an excellent way to learn more about the flavors we had already fallen in love with. Rocco and Laila were wonderful teachers and made the evening so special. I highly recommend the class!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I would highly recommend spending a morning or evening with Rocco and his beautiful and vivacious wife. The fact that you will also get hands on experience cooking delicious turkish food, that you can go home and cook for your friends, is just a bonus really. They are a very warm, engaging couple who are so knowledgable with not just on cooking techniques but also a great source of local advice (that Hamam you recommended was absolutely heavenly!). The kitchen facilities are excellent and the menu is designed with thought, some bits are challenging and others easier, but all reproducable at home. That you get the receipes to take home is a great way to reduce the cognitive burden as you are preparing the dishes. The price of the course would be worth it for the food alone (which gets served to you, with included lovely turkish wine afterwards) the couple of hours of tuition makes it really excellent value. Im so happy that I came along, it really was the highlight of my trip. Thankyou so much guys!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I heard about this restaurant from my hotel, so I had a visit. It was a great experience to try traditional foods while staff described the ingredients and story of each dish. I learnt many things about Turkish food from this place, and of course, the foods was tasty.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
I will definitely try cooking class in my next visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I've taken about six cooking classes now and this has been my favorite by far. Rocco and his wife were such a sweet, entertaining couple. There was only one other student besides us, and we all got along tremendously. We learned how to make five dishes and I loved all of them. The lesson was very hands on, more than any other class I've taken. We took turns doing different tasks, and the kitchen is very spacious. After our two-hour lesson, we spent three hours dining together and enjoying tea with our meal. They spent lots of time giving us suggestions for touring Istanbul, which was very generous.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Was really great! Nice people and you learn alot. An unique experience! I had 4 meals prepared and there were al very nice.