“Delicious, Authentic, Friendly and High Quality”
Review of Cooking Alaturka

Cooking Alaturka
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Alaturka offers daily Turkish cooking classes, either from 10:30 to 14:30 or from 16:30 to 20:30, to groups ranging from 2 to 11 persons. You cook five authentic Turkish dishes together with other travellers, under supervision of Rocco and his Turkish chef. Our classes are hands-on and fun, as well as informative. They are suitable for both professional chefs and kitchen novices. Afterwards, enjoy your cooking efforts over lunch or dinner with some local wine. We also function as a regular lunch and dinner restaurant, offering a daily-changing four-course menu. Reservations are recommended due to limited space.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Cooking Alaturka was one of the best dinners we had in Istanbul. Like the title of my review says, the food was delicious and authentic, and I could tell that the ingredients were high quality and fresh. I only had four days in Istanbul and I was glad to have this experience because it is important for me to immerse myself in the local food culture as much as possible when I travel. I didn't have enough time to take a cooking class, but that's definitely on my to-do list upon my next visit! The old city is full our touristy restaurants that aren't as satisfying as Cooking Alaturka, so make sure you add this restaurant to your list when visiting Istanbul.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My son and I spent an delightful evening preparing a 4 course meal with Leyla and Rocco. Our hosts took over the business two years ago from the previous owner bringing their own special recipes. Leyla is Turkish and Rocco is Italian.
The food was excellent; fresh ingredients, simple spices, healthy and delicious.

In addition to the food, we loved the kitchen chatter with our hosts---all things cultural and philosophical. The experience was like a special family meal ---only much better food!

I would definitely do this again on my next trip to Istanbul! Totally worth the time and money!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Absolutely wonderful experience. I really enjoyed cooking with Rocco and his wonderful wife Leyla. The best part of it is that you get to eat what you cook after all these delicious food..... The evening not to be missed if you are in Istanbul.... Highly recommended to visit Rocco and Leyla and really learn how to prepare these delicious Turkish dishes. I hope that one day I can go back to visit them again with my husband. It was really "Turkish delight" evening for me!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

A real treat to spend the evening in the kitchen with Rocco, Leyka, and other visitors. An evening of learning about and creating incredible Turkish dishes. There was a perfect balance between focused attention and laughter and breaking bread together around a common table. We will share in this experience again the next time we are in Istanbul.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

This was one of our best evenings in Istanbul! We joined a small group of tourists to learn about Turkish food while preparing a 4 course meal. I am a novice and my husband an experienced cook and we both really enjoyed it. We had spent several days in Istanbul by that time and this was an excellent way to learn more about the flavors we had already fallen in love with. Rocco and Laila were wonderful teachers and made the evening so special. I highly recommend the class!