“Turkish delight”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ems001
London, United Kingdom
“Turkish delight”
Reviewed 3 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

My husband and I rented Eden for 4 nights and were really pleased with it. Great location, short walk to Taksim Sq. and Istiklal St (no more than 10 mins). Lots of cute places restaurants/cafes near the apartment to eat in. We had breakfast out each morning. Lovely.

The apartment is really spacious for a one bed and clean and tidy with everything you need in it! Comfortable and cosy oh and nice little garden out back if you choose to use it. Nice decor!

Personally I found the pillows uncomfortable and bed could do with a mattress topper, and I would provide thick fluffy large towels but small points on the whole. If we were in Istanbul again we'd rent this apartment again and would recommend it to friends.

4 May 2015
All great, no issues, hope to host again.
Wanderrlu...
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Attractive Apartments, Fantastic Locations, But Improvements Needed”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed in both the Eden and Deco apartments - a 1 bedroom and studio respectively.

PROS: Both were in fantastic locations, close to everything you could want (restaurants, bars, shopping, grocery). Both were very homey but stylishly-decorated in the Ikea way. WIFI was strong and stable. Eden had a private garden, but it was pretty overgrown with weeds and at basement level, so we never saw the sun directly (a bummer). While Deco didn't have outdoor space, it's 2nd floor location made it much more light-filled than Eden, so a trade-off there. Both were very quiet despite busy locations.

CONS: Apartments were clean on the surface, but you can tell it's mostly surface cleaning - i.e. the couch, rugs, duvets, etc. haven't been cleaned in awhile ... or maybe ever. Eden had no a/c and was fine while we were there but I bet could get really hot in the summer. Beds in both could be better - mattresses decently comfortable, but pillows were pretty bad, with the filling clumped up and almost useless. I suggest having four pillows of varying firmness for guests to choose from. In Deco apartment, a duvet cover was used as a sheet, and the down comforter had no cover at all - kind of odd. Both bathrooms had problems - Deco shower leaked, while the Eden shower had a serious drainage problem and also an issue with the air vent above the shower pouring water from who knows where into the shower during a heavy rain. Biggest facility complaint however on both was the kitchen - some plates, silverware, and pots do not make a "fully-equipped" kitchen. Very, very basic things were missing in both kitchens - a sharp knife for cutting, a serrated knife for bread, a cheese grater, a colander, whisk ... really basic stuff that is so cheap at Ikea. If you want to do anything more than reheat things, these kitchens will not work for you. Also, I had to wash everything before using, as it was either dirty or had very soapy residue which leached into the food.

On the customer service end, we had two major issues. The first was a serious communication problem post-booking. Communcation during booking was easy and super fast. I received a very prompt email after booking with various details and questions, which was great. I responded with answers to all questions and asked a few questions of my own about a week before arrival. It took three emails (two to the operations manager and one to the booking guy) plus a text and a phone call to receive a response back, and I received the response while I was on my flight - in other words, too late. Not only was the response late, it was useless - they sent an airport transfer when I stated we did not want one, and they failed to provide an accurate address for us. Thus, we ended walking around trying to find WIFI after midnight so we could get in touch with someone to give us the right address. Honestly, it was a disaster.

The second issue revolved around a late check-in fee. I booked through Homeaway, which didn't mention any fees, nor were they mentioned at all by the company during the booking process. I first learned of them AFTER we had paid and were contacted by the operations manager. If you arrive outside of the check-in hours of 1pm and 7pm (a pretty narrow window), you are charged 20EUR and 40 EUR if you arrive after midnight. We've been traveling for over 10 months straight all over Europe and Asia, and I have NEVER been charged a late check-in fee by any hotel, guesthouse, or apartment we have stayed in. Of course, I have heard of early check-in fees or late check-out fees since that means the guest is using the space for longer than the contracted period. However, we were using the flat for much shorter than the contracted period, and given that the flat cost us 60 EUR, that fee is just outrageous. They ended up waiving the fee given the problems we had with our arrival, but I still feel the fee is inappropriate. Further, I also felt it was very unprofessiona for them not to list these fees on Homeaway nor mention them during the booking process. Apparently the fees are listed on their own website, but if you are booking through homeaway as I did, you would never know.

As a result, I'm sorry to say I wouldn't stay here again. We had a nice experience, but Istanbul is a huge city with many, many other flats to choose from.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, style, good wifi
Liked least: Kitchen (poorly equipped), serious communication problems
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
8 Oct 2014
Thank you very much for your review and comments!

I will not go into detail but I have the impression that not all of your comments are unbiased as they differ to over 400 other reviews on different portals for our properties. Maybe it was also our mistake to try accommodate your budget restrictions by allocating you during your stay on two different properties with overall average near to 5 star reviews. This has caused additional organisational problems which you have mentioned which is nothing we have seen before.

Once again thank you for your stay and hope we can accommodate you again in one of our apartments.

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and stress-free nature of experience
Liked least: Slightly challenging with a stroller and baby
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

creolecaz
Bodrum
“Clean, comfortable and very central - recommended”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

My partner and I stayed at this apartment for 5 nights at the end of March. The accommodation was as the pictures, it was clean, comfortable and warm, extremely easy to access - 10 minutes gentle walk to Taksim (no steep hills!), also to Istiklal Street, although it took us a couple of days to find the quick route avoiding the hills. A supermarket across the road made it excellent for supplies. Plenty of cafes and restaurants within a few minutes of the apartment. The owner was very friendly and helpful

One word of caution, it is on a narrow but busy side street and there is an element of noise even throughout the night if you are a very light sleeper.

For central Istanbul it is a very good and reasonably priced choice - I would certainly recommend it..

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: easy access to Taksim without steep hills
Liked least: curtain in bedroom was too short, allowing lights from street and traffic above to disturb sleep
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 May 2015
All great, no issues, hope to host again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$56
Night
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing