Acra Hotel
Azade Hotel(Istanbul)
Hotel Alilass(Istanbul)
Ninja Hotel(Istanbul)
View Hotel
All reviewsblue mosquehagia sophiaold cityfamily roomwithin walking distancesultanahmet areashort walkturkeyperfect locationmajor attractionsbreakfast buffethotel is locatedtram stationhassanreceptionistdistrictinstanbul
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2018

POSITIVE:
The hotel is located few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and is very centrally located with the rest of the attractions. Staff are very friendly and accommodating especially Okan who really made our stay very pleasant. We booked a triple room and is quite big enough for us and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast is served at the building next to the hotel and there's a variety of breakfast goodies to choose from.

NEGATIVE:
The hair dyer did'nt work well during our stay. It only worked for a few seconds then it would stop. We phoned the reception about it and they said that they'll look into it but after 3 days of stay, I don't think anything was ever done to sort the problem.
I also find the airport shuttle service a bit pricey for 30 euros each way.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The things I love about this hotel is that its located just behind the blue mosque and a walking distance to other tourist attractions. We stayed at this hotel for three nights and have no issue about the room apart from the air conditioning. Though the bed was really comfortable and the room is very cosy but it got really hot during the night and the AC seemed to not work properly however as we have a balcony we just slightly opened the door for a bit of cool breeze coming in. So we really didnt mind the AC that much during our stay. The staff were really great and friendly and available 24/7. The breakfast was excellent though it is at the other hotel next to Arca but the view from the roof top terrace was just amazing, you get to enjoy the view of the sea and the beautiful blue mosque while having you breakfast it is such a pleasure. Wifi works perfectly as well! Also there are shops and restaurants nearby the hotel so lunch and dinner is not a problem.

This hotel offers shuttle to and from airport, but could be a bit pricey if you are coming from Sabiha Gokcen Airport as it is quite far from the city. So I strongly recommend getting the public transport as it would only cost you 15lira for a bus service to Taksim area then another 10lira (this include Istanbulkart for 6lira and 4lira credit on the card) for the metro to Sultanahmet station. There is a two change of train from Taksim to Sultanahmet, first you get the metro to Vezneciler (third stop) then when you come out from that station you have to walk to Laleli station(tram service) to Sultanahmet which is the third stop.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiim M
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I stayed there for one night after traveling to Cappadocia and had to spend one more night in Istanbul. I loved everything about Acra Hotel, the location as only within walking distance you would get to the main attraction of Istanbul as this hotel is located behind the Blue Mosque in Sultanahmet area, the staff's services, the room was beautiful and nice. Breakfast was available in the next door hotel but was great since we could see beautiful view of Bosphorus Island. I'd love to come back again when I visit Istanbul.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DeeDee197
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The best thing about the hotel is that it is a fountain from Sultan Ahmed Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Of course, the staff are very helpful and very helpful and very friendly.
The only possible negative is not for all guests that the breakfast is in another hotel but very near and a beautiful view overlooking the sea and the Mosque of Sultan Ahmed

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank عبدالله نوح ب
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I wish I could have find some honest review about the hotel before I get my self into this tourist trap! and terrible experience that has ruined my vacation!

Let me start with the only positive thing - the location, nothing but the location. It is a short walk from all the major attractions.

Now for the negatives: - ineffective and terrible air conditioning literally suffocating! (wish i could scream out louder to worn everyone) ! it was terribly hot and the air conditioning just didn't work. What made it more frustrating was the fact that the manager didn't care at all, actually she didn't care since the moment I have arrived with my family, she was smoking outside the hotel, she has seen us arriving with the luggage, not only she didn't help, she didn't even move or said "welcome or hello!" she did absolutely nothing about our complaint from the terrible air condition.

I have been told that the breakfast will be in another building!
on the reservation note they said "you will receive a welcome drink on your arrival" actually there was no "welcome at all, the receptionist didn't even help us to move our luggage from the street to the elevator!

they are illustrating photos for a terrace balcony with a very nice view, actually there is no terrace or balcony at the rooms, only windows with a street view.

The staff desperately needs a crash course on being helpful or at least trying to sound empathetic. when I call the reception to solve the aircondition problem, or change the room or I will check out, he ridiculously replied "Aaaaabe (means my big brother in Turkish), " if you want to check out.... check out, aircondition problem, general problem aaaabe)! :)

I decided to check out, and after a big fight with the receptionist and the manager who never care about any of my complaint with a very rude attitude, I managed to take my money back and I have checked in in another decent hotel.

Please don't be fooled by the high rate and the extraordinary reviews, it is a common trend in such small business hotels to ask guests to give them a high rate and nice reviews (I have a similar experience last year, the hotel owner asked me to give his hotel 10 out of 10 on booking.com.

if you still insisting to use the hotel, at least avoid check at the -1 floor.

Room Tip: avoid rooms below the reception level -1
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family