“Very good choice for the city life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli

Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli
Ranked #287 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very good choice for the city life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed in a business type of the rooms at higher floors. The room was very spacious and it was very silent for good sleep quality. Also the friendliness of the hotel staff was amazing. If you want to be close to the city center in Istanbul and want to reach everywhere easily, I cannot think any better place than this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at higher floors are more silent.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HISisli, Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Hi !

Thank you very much for taking the time to send these comments.

We appreciate your candid feedback about hotel services and we will continue working in order to keep our standards high.

Please let me know if you are returning back to Holiday Inn Sisli , as I would be happy to oversee your next reservation.

Best Regards

Onur KARA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I was happy with the service your hotel as well as its restaurant have provided to me.

On top, the hotel has found the shirt I left in the room after the check out and agreed to send it back to my home address.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hoeksche Waard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I spend 4 days in the Holiday Inn Sisli for a conference. The staff was fabulous in every possible way. There were some logistic problems with attendees that had not registered but showed up unexpected and the staff of the Sisli went out of their way to facilitate all our needs even at the last moment. In one word "Outstanding!". Besides the great service, friendly attitude also the food is very worthwhile mentioning. A different 4 course meal was served every day as lunch and the quality was just awesome. If you are looking for a nice place to stay with service and food out of this world then this is your place!

Room Tip: The rooms on the streetside are no problem in regards to street noise. Sound insulation is sufficien...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank W123-200T
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

In Istanbul I have stayed before in the Intercontinental and the Hilton but because the Holiday Inn is rather new compared with these two others, I decided to book my stay at the Holiday Inn hotel Sisli.

Our flight arrived around 16.00 at Istanbul Ataturk airport, the main airport for most international flights. About 30 minutes later we cleared immigration and had our luggage. The hotel offers a one way transfer from the airport for 50 euro. The metered taxi from the airport, which we took, was about 60 Turkish Lira, converted around 22 euro. Traffic was quite busy so it took us about 50 minutes to get at the Holiday Inn.

The hotel is located on a busy road that connects it directly with Taksim Square. The façade looked new and modern, it was already dark so there were some green lights shining at the exterior which gave the hotel the typical Holiday Inn style.

We got out of the taxi but there were no bellboys so we took them ourselves inside. Once we were inside there is a metal detector, as in most hotels in Istanbul.

A little bit further behind the two elevators was the reception. We checked in with Ms. Hande around 17.00. The check in took a while because she needed our passports and credit card. Even though we gave our credit card somehow she typed something wrong and suddenly my card was declined. I knew that was not right so I said to try again and then off course it worked, I do not know what she did the first time.

As Priority club Platinum members we received an upgrade from a Deluxe to a Business room. I have no idea what the difference is because in their website there is only a poor description of room types. She told us breakfast was not included but could be purchased for 15 euro per person per night.

We wanted to go to our room but then we realized she forgot to give our passports back, they were still in the copier … Then we also asked for internet. She gave us a username and password but we could not get online with it. She forgot to tell us that the username was actually the name of the network.

We took the elevator up to the 8th floor. Our room was 805 and was at the left side at the end of the small corridor. Our floor did not have many rooms so it was not very far from the elevators.

Our Business room I can describe by the words new and modern. It was a surprise for us that the room was actually quite luxurious for a Holiday Inn. We did not pay a lot but the rooms are more like 5 star Intercontinental quality.

On the right side was a big bathroom with a toilet, secured by a white band of paper that it was cleaned twice, a separate rain shower and a big bath. The bathroom was clean but there was a dirty cotton bud next to the shower. There were some Holiday Inn bath products and even a kind of sponge for in the bath.

The bedroom had two single beds which were good and some different pillows like in most Holiday Inns. In between was a nightstand and opposite of it was a big TV and a desk with new telephones with a small LCD screen on it. There was also a main cupboard with the safe in it. Newt to it was the mini bar and above it was a complimentary bottle of still water and a candy bar which were refreshed daily. We had a view on the rear side of the hotel but our windows could not open fully and not even my camera could go between the gap so I was not able to take clear windowless pictures.

Fifteen minutes later a staff member brought us a small scale with fruit and another one with some pastry snacks.

That evening we ate at the restaurant in the hotel as we did not want to leave the hotel anymore and go all the way to the city center.

The only restaurant is called Deco and is situated next to the reception. The restaurant was empty. Our waiter was Mr. Dogan. He took us to a table and gave us complimentary mineral water and some bread. We ordered two pastas as starter and the beef filet as main course. My penne arrabiata was very good and the beef fillet was also very good and the potatoes and vegetables were nicely seasoned. It was very good for Turkish standards and the price is definitely value for what you get.

Before my food came our waiter, Mr. Dogan took my camera from my table, without asking, and was looking at it and observed it and told me it was a nice camera. Maybe in the future he can first ask if he could even touch it or just leave it.

We had a good sleep and next morning we went to the reception and asked Ms. Sibel for a map and directions. Here touristic knowledge was rather poor and she did not give us many things when we asked what we could see in Istanbul. She also could not say us how much the metro would cost or which museums were open. We then asked to Ms. Nese for a late check out next day but she told us a bit unfriendly to ask it again next day in the morning.

Even though promised, we did not get a newspaper that morning and next morning we did not received it too.

We left the hotel for the closest metro station. When leaving the hotel just walk right and walk strait ahead until you see the metro stop in front of the shopping center. It is about 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Next to it is also a Starbucks.

There leaves a direct metro from Sisli station to Taksim Square, second stop from the hotel. From there you can take the F1 line down to the T1 tramline which takes you to the other side of the Galata bridge. For the metro and trams you can just buy a jetton for 2 TRY.

Our last morning we asked Mr. Can for the late checkout. He told us that the hotel was almost fully booked so that it was only possible till 14.00. Our flight was around 19.00 so we asked him again and he told us no. We were not very happy with it but he told us we could speak to a supervisor but he or she was not yet in the hotel. An hour later we asked to Ms. Nese, who told us the day before to ask her for the late check out tomorrow. She told us it was not a problem at all.

Around 15.00 we were back in the hotel and our room was cleaned but we did not receive water or they also did not refresh the towels. We called reception to bring some.

We checked out around 16.00 and gave money and post cards. They will post it next day for us. We asked us for a taxi to the airport and Mr. Can told me his colleague will call one because the taxis in front of the hotel is not safe. So the bellboy Mr. Melih called one but told me it was a fixed price. I asked Mr. Can what the fixed price was and he told me 50 TRY. When Mr. Melih was back he told me because of traffic it was 55 TRY. He told us metered fare would be much higher so he told us to take the fixed price.

We had to wait 10-15 minutes for the taxi and Mr. Melih helped us with our luggage in the taxi. The driver put on the meter and we left the hotel. Once arrived at the airport the metered fare was 40 TRY. A total rip off from the hotel. We off course did not give the fixed price and gave 45 TRY to the driver. He could not speak English so could not argue with us.

What a shame from the taxi but at the end we had a pleasant stay. The location is not very good for Istanbul but it is worth trying this new and modern Hotel !

Room Tip: High rooms are better
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Max W
HISisli, Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Hello !

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Sisli . I am really pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our modern design of the room .However, I am disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience with Concierge for the taxi service . As you mentioned in your comment on Tripadvisor, you paid 60TRY to come from airport to the hotel . Taxi fare is highly variable due to the traffic in Istanbul , We have actually had nothing but high praise for our Concierge of late so I am very sorry to hear that you were let down by the service on this occasion. I will of course investigate this matter and thank you for your comments ,

I hope we can exceed your expectations on another visit.

Best Regards ,

Onur KARA
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

It's my third time in holiday inn sisli , I really feel good when I spent my holiday there , the crow is really good and have a experience to deal with all kind of people , I thanks all of holiday inn sisli crow , from the head boss to the bellboy , they all nice and good people , also the resiption, thanks ,

Room Tip: Stay away from the bilding that view the sisli street , it's no ice becouse the ampulance is noi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family