Seraglio Hotel and Suites
US$115
US$137
US$126
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$130
US$93
TripAdvisor
1,041 results
All reviewsblue mosquehammam roomsmall hotelcomplimentary teahagia sophiaold citymajor attractionsturkeycomfortable bedgrand bazaarturkish bathperfect locationstandard roomwalking distancethe hotel staffhome away from homeexcellent hotel
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights on our trip to Istanbul. When we arrived we were greeted by kenan at the front desk. After checking in he gave us a map and wrote on it things we should do. Very very helpful.
The location is simply amazing! Couldn’t have asked for a better location. Took us about 25 mins from the airport on a Saturday so maybe a bit longer on weekdays but still can’t imagine being too bad.
The hotel is within walking distance from sultan Ahmet square where you will find the blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. Every day/night we passed by these 2 attractions and it didn’t get old. Was just so beautiful to see and looks so good during different time of the day.
The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants/cafes/ shopping. Beautiful old Istanbul.
Also, the hotel is close to Sultanahmet tramp station which can take you to many location within minutes.
As far as attractions, within walking distance( blue mosque/Hagia Sophia/ cistern/ Topkapı palace/ mosaic museum/museum of Turkish and Islamic arts).
The hotel room was very comfortable. Beds were good. Clean. We had room service daily.
The staff at the front were very helpful (cihan and aykut). When I arrived I realized my electric converter wasn’t with me and they let me borrow theirs until got one.
Breakfast buffet was great. Good food and wide variety of things. They even have a person that will make you a fresh omelet if you wanted.
Between 5-7pm they have complimentary Turkish tea or coffee with home made cake (yum) or cookies b
As you see. Was very pleased with my stay and WILL definitely stay there again next time in Istanbul

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We had a very pleasant & memorable stay in Seraglio Hotel. Everything was convenient starting from the check-in up to our final day there. The room with balcony was excellent which offer breathtaking view of the sea and blue mosque. The room and bathroom was very clean. Strategically located in Sultanahmet area where it only took 10-15 mins walk to Blue Mosque & Hagia Sophia. Our personal gratitude to all the staff and management of Seraglio Hotel namely Mr. Abd. Rahman, Mr. Kenan, Mr. Mustaffa, (unfortunately only these 3 names I can remember!!) not forgetting the chef, the 2 counter reservation staff and the house keeping ladies. They are all very professional, warm and very friendly and I would definitely come to Seraglio Hotel again If I visit Istanbul next time. One constructive feedback from me if the hotel management could consider adding more food options for the morning breakfast e.g. sandwiches, pastas, beef or lamb.

Room Tip: Room with balconies are better especially the ones facing the sea together with blue mosque.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Excellent location, only a short walk to Blue Mosque or Hagia Sophia. Clean rooms with comfortable beds. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Very good buffet breakfast with several cooked options. Nice little hotel and very good value for money.
Only downside was the street noise as the rooms are not soundproof, but easily solvable with earplugs.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2018

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to visit Istanbul best sites Blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar etc... The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Cihan at the reception and Abdul-rahman at the Bistrot. Breakfast was also very good and varied to cater for different tastes (cereals, cold Turkish breakfast, omelettes/boiled eggs etc...). They also provide complimentary (included in the price of the room) tea/coffee, cakes and fruits between 17:00-19:00 every day. My family and I particularly enjoyed this slot by having a friendly chat with Abdul-rahman who was very pleasant and courteous. I am definitely going to recommend this hotel, for the reasons above, to all potential Istanbul visitors. Thank you to all Staff at Seraglio and see you next time Inshallah!
Mohamed Belaroussi and family.

Room Tip: Room 202 was spacious with a super Turkish bath. Our children were in 201 on same floor across the landing. So, we had the whole 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I've mistakenly booked my stay for one night earlier than I showed up. The host just laughed it off, did not charge me twice and offered me the very same room at the same rate. Very nice conversation and the staff were some of the kindest persons I've met while in Istanbul.

They offer free tea/coffee but unfortunately I was on a very tight schedule there, so I had to pass.

The turkish bathroom, oh god. I wish I had something like this at home :) Constantly heated marble floor and benches, I could fall asleep there.

Room and bathroom extremely clean and well maintained. They've also kindly called me a taxi at 6am the following morning.

One issue was that the wifi was quite slow - mobile service was faster than the wifi but I did forget to mention it to the staff.

Highly recommended!