US$854
Hilton
  • Pool
US$109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

World Heritage Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$124
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$512
US$347
  • Breakfast included
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$555
US$77
Agoda.com
Osmanhan Hotel(Istanbul)
US$141
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Villa Pera Suite Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$50
US$3,042
US$383
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I'll start with general complaints about the place (scroll below for the dishonest bit):

- The elevator is extremely small and fits only one person with one suitcase.
- The rooms look like they are still being completed with wall sockets sticking out.
- The WIFI is unreliable.
- Power went out one night and it took a while before the generator kicked in.
- When I had to change rooms after extending my stay, they rushed me out of the first room but the second room was not even ready.
I could go on..

All the above would have been tolerable had the hotel ultimately been honest. The booking was made by a local friend for me. And the price agreed was for a basic room with no windows.

When I got there, I was put in a room with a window. I was not asked about my preferences nor was I informed of the details of the arrangement.

Upon checking out, they charged me more than what had been agreed on, which I then paid because I had to rush for my flight.

I had my friend clarify with the hotel and they said I had insisted on a room with windows.

AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rudyhartonow
Reviewed 22 May 2017

They basically gave us a dirty room under construction. After checking in, we saw the room condition and called the reception, they said that they are going to send the maid to "fix" things. Several hairs and spots on the linen, dislocated and non working hair dryer, no grill on the air filter space, writings on the wardrobe, dirty and stained furniture, foot stains on the floor. When we said there are too many things to be fixed and we need to change the room, they claimed that they don't have another available room. We have asked for a supervisor or manager on duty rather than the maid but the receptionist told us there is no responsible person or a manager in the hotel. After we have complained more and went downstairs, they magically found an available room and without apologizing they threw another room key to us. After the attitude we received, we just left the hotel. We have stayed in this hotel 3 times and never experienced something like that before. Apparently the management has changed or something bad happened. They lied to us and acted extremely rude. If you want to stay in a safe and clean place, I recommend you to stay away from here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melis G
Reviewed 8 January 2017

This was our second visit to Pasha, our first being exactly a year ago when the hotel had just opened and having enjoyed it then, we decided to return this New Year, this time bringing my mother who is well travelled and although no snob, I certainly wouldn’t have brought her to somewhere I had doubts about.

After a very long morning flight where terrible weather saw us circling for nearly an hour, followed by a rather hairy landing in strong winds, our stay started well – using the new tunnel, the journey from Ataturk Airport was about half an hour, nearly an hour less than last year when we had to use the bridge. Be aware that the tunnel costs extra, so you will have to pay 15TL on top of the price shown on the meter also, Taxi drivers absolutely hate the tunnel because it reduces the fare so significantly, you may have an argument in order to get them to take this route and they might try to charge you double the toll so that they can come back via the same route (cheeky sods!)

Arriving at the hotel, first impressions (if that is an appropriate term on a second visit), were improved – last year they were attempting (ineffectively), to close the front doors to keep things warm, this year the front was wide open and heaters maintained the temperature. Environmentally tragic, but a really effective solution – the entire floor is warm and we could sit by the street watching the world go by in complete comfort.

Coordination amongst the staff was also greatly improved – our bags were taken from us and delivered to the rooms shortly after a painless check in – aided greatly by Jimmy , who throughout our stay was friendly and helpful. By what I assumed was a co-incidence, we were taken the same double room we had last year which was at the back of the hotel on the 3rd floor, mum was on the 6th floor at the front in a twin room.

Our room was much as we left it, but with the bumps and scrapes you would expect after a year of use. The design makes efficient use of space, but the gap between the foot of the bed and the wall is narrow and it had taken a few knocks as people had dragged luggage to the other side. There were also some scuff marks on the bead head and a burn mark on the small desk. I will forgive the burn mark because I do appreciate that the only way to repair this would have been to remove the desk and respray it, but the knocks on the wall were disappointing because they could have been filled and touched up in minutes, the scuffs on the headboard also could have been cleaned easily.

A year ago the rain showerhead didn’t work and using the regular shower it was impossible to shower without soaking the floor – This year the rain head worked fine and soaking the floor was a memory, although it could have done with being descaled as the water was coming out in all directions.

Through no fault of the hotel, things continued less well, as the same heavy winds were causing city wide power cuts. The hotel had a generator, so we were better off than most, but switching between the generator and city power resulted in about a minute without electricity. Annoying, but entirely bearable – we noticed that when these switches became more frequent they turned off the lift. A sensible precaution but for mum on the 6th floor, quite a hike! Things continued well until the next morning at breakfast – they seemed to be refueling the generator when two guys sprinted past us and then the lights went out – as we turned to look, the back of the hotel was engulfed in black smoke – I’m guessing they put petrol instead of diesel, but either way, the generator was out of action until the evening.

Breakfast was much improved – the buffet had a good selection which was fresh and kept topped up when it ran out. Plates on the other hand were less abundant and we often had to ask for cutlery. The buffet was also open to people not staying at the hotel for about 20TL and on one occasion a huge guy came in, piled two massive trays of food about 20cm high and proceeded to eat the lot. If I’d come down to eat after he had cleared out the buffet I would have been unimpressed.

Unfortunately there are some downsides.

A year ago I reported to reception that one of two electrical plugs in the room was broken. This time we went to use it and it was still broken, but when we unplugged the kettle, the plastic fell away leaving the (presumably live) terminals exposed. I didn’t bother to report this time because a year was plenty of time to fix it.

The safe which a year ago was brand new and just placed, with its instructions, in the wardrobe, was this year still not screwed to the wall, but actually broken too. These are pretty small, light safes – you could fit several into a small sports bag and just walk out, therefore we had to carry our passports and valuables around wherever we went – not ideal.

The walls are thin and the doors are heavy – you will hear your neighbors. If they are middle aged sight seers you will just hear their doors closing – If they are amorous young lovers you will hear more – every last grunt perhaps…

Wifi in our room on the 3rd floor was basically unusable. A laptop remained connected but was abysmally slow – telephones kept losing the signal and trying to reconnect. Ironically, this appears to be caused by too many (not too few as you may expect) wifi points overlapping and could be tuned by an engineer. Downstairs and on the 6th floor the signal was fine and it was relatively speedy. As a nerd I would like to have seen the network encrypted and just be give the password because that is infinitely more secure than the open network which they had, but lots of people will (foolishly) appreciate the simplicity.

The worst problem was the lack of hot water. On the 3rd floor, after the last day of power cuts we had to have a cold shower – fair enough. On the 6th floor, my mum had hot water for only 2 out of 5 days. Approximately 6 hours after the last power cut she called down to reception who told her they would look into it – half an hour later with still no water she came to ask what was happening and the evening receptionist simply shrugged his shoulders and told her nobody else had complained. Not a very good way to deal with somebody who hasn’t had a hot shower in 2 days when it’s hovering around zero degrees outside.

Neither of our rooms were cleaned on New Years Day but when we asked they apologised profusely telling us that towels hadn’t been delivered until the afternoon and if we wanted they would clean now. We refused the offer but did take additional towels. The next day our room on the third floor was cleaned but we received only shower towels, no hand towels or bath mat, my mums room was left with dirty towels and not vacuumed. However, it pains me to criticise housekeeping, because other than this they were exceptional.

Pasha is reasonably priced given its amazing location. It has improved tremendously over the past year but is still not without issues. I would stay here again, but not on the 6th floor (or the third floor if I needed wifi)

Room Tip: The back and higher flors wil be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank robsaw
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

There is no lobby and the entrance crowded by tables and customers the evening receptionist man sullen and smiling a narrow the elevator and room and bathroom too tightthe wifi come and go not always connected .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aburaj7
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I spent couple days in this hotel and I must say that is the most clean and comfortable hotel for a cheap prize like that. Also open buffet breakfast was amazing ! ! Its on the center of the Asian Side and very close to transportation.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple