“Please be aware...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #493 of 1,003 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Roskilde
“Please be aware...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This summer we booked this hotel for 3 nights. The reservation never went through due to technical problems.

The manager very kindly helped us with another hotel closs by - for which we paid him in advance for 2 nights.

When we arrived at the other hotel, we were told,we could only stay for one night. But we could get our money back the next day. We went back to Sirma Sultan Hotels and talk to the manager, who promised to return them on the creditcard.

We have now tried for two months to get our money back - with no succes. So be careful not to be tricked like that.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I have stayed 7 nights in Sirma Sultan and we had such a lovely time there. The staff and the owner are very welcoming, nice and helpful. The rooms was exactly as shown on pictures (New furnitures with very nice style, new bathroom, big bed and very comfortable). The room was cleaned every day with new bed sheets and towels...The hotel itself is also lovely for couples, the reception is welcoming. Regarding the breakfast, it's a buffet where you will find everything you need for a big breakfast. The terrace is nice as well(sea view). I totally recommend this hotel which must be one of the best quality/price ratio!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed with my partner for 4 nights and another 3 nights on my own. At 50 euros per night we thought it was very good value for money.

The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels and soaps etc...for the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was plentiful. It was almost the same each day but I thought there was enough within the buffet to make your own variations. For me it was perfect as I was really just looking for healthy options - fresh fruit, muesli, yoghurt and different herbal teas were always available. There was also a selection of cheeses, various breads, olives - green and black, jams, honey, cereals, some kind of cold sausage meat, tea, coffee and juices. Breakfast is served on the rooftop - you can eat indoors or outdoors - with views of the neighborhood.

With regards to the location, I almost always prefer to stay in the non-touristy areas of a city, but knowing very little of Istanbul we wanted somewhere that wasn't too inconvenient to get to and reasonably priced. This hotel fit that criteria. However, what I really liked about the location is that although it is close to the touristy areas (a 5-10 minute walk from the mosques and palaces) it's on a street that really felt like a Turkish neighborhood - which for us was really a breath of fresh air in comparison to the streets lined with hotels and hostels, one after another - packed with backpackers. There are many convenience stores close by and decent restaurants less than a 3 minute walk away. There is also a laundrette really close, and a post office.

On my first few days with my partner the staff seemed friendly and obliging but we were out most of the day and didn't really see them so much. After my partner left I had an unfortunate and totally unexpected incident with my back. It was then that I really discovered the true kindness of the staff at this hotel. They went beyond what anyone would expect of hotel staff - particularly at a hotel of this price. They went to the pharmacy for me, took me to the hospital - twice a day, for injections in my back. They helped me to the bathroom, ordered my lunches and dinners, and brought breakfast to my room in the mornings. Everyone from the receptionists and managers to the housemaids helped me in any way they could and called regularly to check I was ok. I felt very lucky to have been here during this time.

I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ladybirdbk
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

very small place tts not easy to find.
its a 15 min walk to the blue mosque/ grand bazaar up some slopes ( and i walk pretty fast)
breakfast was an assortment of cheese, bread, fruits, tea, olives, tomato, cucumber, and 1 type of ham. it got pretty boring after 3 days though.
we paid only 42 euros per night due to some promotion so that made it value for money. however, i understand the original price is about twice the amt.
there was a lovely female manager who got us a late checkout and she was really friendly and helpful in telling us where to go.
very clean room, though its not very big and sparsely decorated. perhaps because it was a promotional offer, we got a simpler room because i did peek into some of the other rooms and they were colorful and pretty.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank fortheloveoftravel2
Hobart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

We have just stayed for 6 nights at the Sirma Sultan hotel and I can not say enough about the kindness of the staff and the service that they provided us with. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated in Turkish style, all with aircondinining, private bathrooms with hairdryer, shampoo and soap and flatscreen television with satellite channels. Breakfast is served during very reasonable hours - 7:30 - 10:30 and includes a range of salads, cheeses, bread, sweets, fresh fruit, youghurt and cereals, plus juice, tea and coffee. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and other attractions of Sultanhamet - perfect!
The most impressive thing however is the service that Guven and his staff provided us with. Any request was fulfilled without fuss and they definately went above and beyond a number of times for us. I would definately stay at this hotel again and am happy to recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff if you need anything