Basileus Hotel
Kent Hotel(Istanbul)
US$106
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Armagrandi Spina Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$115
US$136
US$126
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$58
Grand Hyatt Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$129
US$93
US$498
US$405
1,881 results
All reviewsblue mosqueturkeymade to order omeletsturkish coffeegrand bazaarwithin walking distancehome away from homeminute walkno elevatorold citymajor attractionssmall hotelhagia sophiastreet noiseyogurtairport pickupwonderful city
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed in March 2016. We were first greeted by the magnificent Selim, who explained to us everything we needed to know about the area, took our bags to our room, and helped us get situated. We came back to Selim again and again because he was friendly, funny, and knowledgeable.

The rooms were nice: clean, good amount of space, nice TV, good wifi. There is a corner store across the street with snacks, beer, and wine.

Breakfast was excellent: a huge array of delicious, fresh foods in a more continental style plus made to order omelets and a coffee maker.

We are budget travelers, and this place was fantastic for us: clean, excellent location, great wifi, great food, excellent service.

When we make our way back to Istanbul, we'll be back here (we have to see Selim)!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsey F
Reviewed 16 January 2017

I stayed here in November 2016 on a food discovery trip during the quiet season in Istanbul. The staff were incredibly helpful to our needs and really went out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure we got the most out of our visit to Istanbul.
The hotel is very clean and comfortable with a huge breakfast buffet included in the price.
Right next to the Blue Mosque and centrally located in Sultanahmet, the location was perfect and made travelling around very easy and enjoyable.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Sultanahmet. The amazing service the staff provide in itself is a good enough reason to stay here!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick T
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

A few days before my arrival in Istanbul I changed my hotel reservation. I chose the Basileus Hotel because of its convenient location and price. What a great choice. The hotel is very clean and cozy. The staff is just amazing, always prone to help and make sure you're having a great time. From restaurant to sightseeing recommendations, they are in every detail. The room is very comfortable and has everything you need. Location is, as expected, great! And there are some excellent restaurants a few meters away. I'll be coming back!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank tuchop
Reviewed 10 January 2017

I stayed at Basileus Hotel for two nights and I highly recommend it. The location is great, especially for a first-time visitor. It's within walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and other major attractions. Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Even though I arrived a few hours before the check-in time, they had a room ready and offered me complimentary breakfast. A perfect example of Turkish hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sage M
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

The Basileus Hotel is it's staff. Salim and Omer are absolute gems. We spent 3 nights at the end of December 2016 at the Basileus Hotel. Salim graciously gave us two separate rooms to accommodate our two kids simply because it was available. It is heart warming to experience the customers needs being put first. The staff are very well informed and provided very useful information on how to meet our travel goals. The breakfast is traditional turkish.

The location of the hotel is perfect for visiting the sights in the Sultanahmet area. The Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi museum are all within easy walking distance. The tram station is also within walking distance allowing access to any other destination.

The Basileus Hotel is a good option for location, service and a fair price.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family