Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
US$149
US$102
  • Pool
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$80
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Villa Pera Suite Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$76
Osmanhan Hotel(Istanbul)
US$323
US$265
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice hotelforum istanbuloutdoor poolturkeypool sideturkish airlinesroom servicemetro stationbusiness tripsteam roomchoose this hotelenjoyed my stayturkish bathnice roomspecial thanksnice breakfastrooms are clean
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Staff is killing your day! Their rudeness is at top. Its not like anyone has to be so kind but come on! Theres nothing wrong to ask nicely instead of ordering your customers. Frankly speakin no one is coming to your hotel to get orders! Especialy the vale asking for room number and for money.
Ive stayed in thousands of hotels and ive never seen a more ruder vale in any other hotel. He embaressed me to my guest too. She was shocked of his manner! They also were rude to my custumers. I just wonder what kind of reason staff may have for this?? You, staff, maybe unhappy of working for this hotel but stop making people feel uncomfortable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tuğçe G
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is good, when it is hot there you need windows and the room O was in hadn't, so I was really surprised, aside from that the hotel is nice and the food there is really good, they have some services to enjoy, I had a good stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Esteban N
Guest R, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Titanic Business Golden Horn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Esteban, Firstly, thank you for taking write a comment about our hotel. We,as Titanic Business Bayrampasa Team very glad for choosing our hotel for your visit to lstanbul.We are delighted to see your positive feedback and believes that your feedbacks are the most important support that we have to improve ourselves. So once again thank you very much for taking time to share your experience .Titanic Business Bayrampaşa team hope to welcome you back soon.Best Regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We travel a lot and this was the Worst experience of our lives. As noted in the other reviews on this page the staff are rude, aggressive, unhelpful and as one other guest noted "make you feel like you owe them something".

Context for the below is we never chose this hotel we were placed here by Turkish airlines following them overbooking their flight.

The hotel needs some renovation work Ie the tiles/handle in the shower was coming off and the air conditioning on our whole floor was broken so we had to switch rooms (and there were wet sheets hanging around in the corridor to catch the leaks).... and all in all I agree this cannot possibly be a 5 star hotel, maybe 3 star at max.....but all of this is eclipsed by the staff.

Our issue happened in the morning at check out. We went to pay the bill (dinner) and it was different to our copy. We challenged them on this (their bill was not itemised so we couldn't see why we should pay more). The issue turned out to be that they had missed off charging us water. The guy behind the desk (AYRUT I think was his name) literally flipped. He accused us of stealing from the hotel multiple times and shouted aggressively at us. He told us we had ordered this separately to dinner (we hadn't but they had forgotten to charge us- that was the issue!).

He proceeded to get more and more angry. He swore multiple times in Turkish at me. When I asked him if he had asked me to "f off" he said "no, I told you to shut up". He then told us we were too poor to pay, that we were poor small people, he has more than us and he would pay. My boyfriend hit the desk with his hand and then the man did it harder. The manager was there throughout Erdgar I think his name was and did nothing. In fact he just watched Ie supporting him. He threatened us with the police (for suggesting the bill was wrong). Hilariously this was at this stage a fake call where we could hear the beep beep of the dialling tone and he pretended to speak....so weird. We then told him we could hear it was fake (awkward) and he got even angrier shouting more and more in Turkish with vibrant arm gestures.

He (ayrut) then shouted at us to get out of "his" hotel. He took off his name badge and threw it at me and had to be restrained by 2 staff members from hitting us. We filmed this whole event as it was so so extraordinary (2 of their colleagues also filmed it-fine we don't care)

We left swiftly as told and got on our airport shuttle. He then changed his tune and told us to get off the shuttle and pay. As you can imagine he was super aggressive. He spoke to the driver (in Turkish) who would no longer take us. He spoke to all the taxis in Turkish so they wouldn't take us. He told us he was leaving the job that week so didn't care. He and the staff then proceeded to hold us hostage.

We couldn't take any transport and they wouldn't let us pay. They took our phones and deleted the video. They got the police involved (who helpfully also spoke no English). The main guy (ayrut) wouldn't let us leave even when we managed to get a colleague to take our payment. He forced us into writing him a document with our passport numbers saying we wouldn't use the video and made us beg to leave. He told us he wanted us to go to the police station for 5-6 hours to miss our flight and that that was all he wanted. He stood there throughout with a huge grin on his face. Note we have no proof they deleted the video (again don't care but double standards) and we don't believe they have the right to do this.

I have never ever ever in a hotel or any other situation been subjected to this level of verbal, physical or emotional abuse. There is no other term fit but abuse. I feel sick to my stomach. They don't care about the guests, certainly if you are not a Turkish speaker you are dead to them.

Please stay some place else.

-------
Photos are the bill in question, the corridor covered in sheets for the air con and their business card.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZaraLightowler
Guest R, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Titanic Business Golden Horn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Zara,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here.Please accept our apoloiges for the inconvenience.Your negative comment have been taken into serious consideration and reviewed with related departments and Management.Once again accept our sincere apologizes for the negative experience during your staying in Titanic Business Bayrampasa.Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and prove that we can serve you better.Warm Regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Hotel is huge. Nice outdoor and indoor swimming pool. There is a turkish bath on the hotel where you can either hire an attendant to bath you or just use it yourself. I've asked one of the staff at the front desk if they can move us to another room because their bed is soft. I need a firmer bed for me to sleep comfortably and he said he'll get back to me. He never did. We were there for 2 nights and we never heard from anybody regarding our request. We checked out from this hotel and we moved to another hotel which is closer called Marnas hotel. After checking in the hotel we went to tour the city. After touring the city we took a cab going back to our hotel in Bayrampasa but the driver of the cab didn't speak english. Even after we showed him the address. He didn't know where to drop us so I told the driver Titanic and he understood. He dropped us off the Titanic hotel. We know that Marnas hotel is near but we still don't know how to get there. So my son went to the front reception of the Titanic hotel and told the reception that we just checked out from their hotel and nicely asked this older guy for directions. He just simply said no. My son asked again.Maybe the guy didn't here him right and again he said no. What a rude person. Although the hotel is nice. The next time we're at Bayrampasa we will never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Never sleep in this hotel. The beds are not comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Albert G

Dear Albert, Thank you for sharing with us your experience in details regarding your stay. I would like to bring you my apologies that we couldn't meet all your expectations. Please note that we have profited from this opportunity to make developments. If you grant us another chance, we will be happy to do our best to offer you real Titanic experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Kind Regards, Hotel Management

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Coming direct from Antalya (resort hotel) it was a real anticlimax staying in this hotel in terms of customer service/care. Breakfast was ok. You have to wait for lift like forever. I can't believe that hotel is marketed as 5 star hotel.
In short, next time I will look for better alternates.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family