Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
InterContinental
US$617
Travelocity
  • Pool
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$158
Agoda.com
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$370
US$315
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$140
HotelsClick
1,647 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueinner courtyardluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge staffgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencemajor sitesbaklavabasilica cisterncall to prayer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The Four Seasons Sultanahmet is a smaller gem of a property just a few minutes from many major sites in the Old Town area. We were lucky enough to be upgraded for our four nights, and enjoyed the Turkish flair in the interiors of our suite. The food at many Four Seasons locations is good, and the price is high, however here the food was truly excellent. We enjoyed sea bass with morels outside on the ground level patio with a tasty Turkish white wine. If the weather is good have a drink in the evening on the roof terrace and see the surrounding architecture lit up; the main dining area is a courtyard setting without a view. Service was excellent with prompt concierge email response with restaurant reservations, and we enjoyed daily in room fresh fruit and treats such as Turkish pastries.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gourmtrav
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Despite the flawless Four Seasons service, we found our standard room to be entirely unspectacular, particularly given (1) the price premium vs. other luxury lodging options in Istanbul and (2) when compared to all other Four Seasons we have stayed at. Perhaps it's a new build vs. renovation of historic-building-that-was-not-originally-a-hotel thing.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Will S
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear Will S.,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you for your honest opinion to the guest satisfaction system Trip Advisor. Thank you very much for your kind comments and positive rating about our Service.

I noticed that you noted in your review that you mentioned your had stayed with us back in November 2010. I am not sure if this is correct, since your last stay with us we have completed a room renovation. It is very true that this is a historical building a very historical indeed, however this should not have affected your comfortability. We are also convinced of the importance of the value to our guests. I am sorry that we did not make it with you.

I am not sure if your travel plans will bring you back to Istanbul in the future, I would love to talk to you about this in person. My e-mail address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Cordially,

Reviewed 7 October 2011

The Four Seasons Sultanahmet exceeded all expectations. Perfect location, beautiful rooms and bathrooms, gracious staff.
We were a party of five celebrating a 50th Birthday. The main celebratory night was held on the roof and was truly a night to remember. Our only minor complaint was that the rest of the
guests seemed to retire very early, so when we decided to pay a late night trip to the bar (11.45pm) we found it deserted (of guests and staff).

Room Tip: One facing the internal courtyard and higher up
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Nickyhomoeopath,

Thank you very much for chosing us for your celebration. Thank you for taking the time to write through the Advisor. Thank you for your nice comments and ratings.

I wish we could have reacted well and be there for you at the Bar, no matter what time it was. Please forgive us. I have agreed with the team that in the future we need to be more proactive and be ready.

Please Nickylhomoeopath, let me know whether you are planning to return to Sultanahmet or your travels bring you to Four Seasons. I would love to be of assistance. My email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Felix

P.S. I absolutely loved your title of an Oasis of Peace and Beauty.... With your permission I want to use it when defining our place to others.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

A very good experience of good hotel and service levels for a 3 day tourist break in Istanbul. Great location too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons for our wedding in Istanbul. We were hoping for a great experience given the importance of the occasion. Given this was a storied Four Seasons, our expectations were already set pretty high... unfairly so. Nevertheless, the hotel staff blew us away. I have never experienced such hospitality and attention to every detail. Truly incredible... this is to say nothing of the view we had of the Blue Mosque to the left and the Hagia Sophia to the right off our our balcony. It was amazing... I can not say enough nice things about the hotel, the location or the staff. World Class.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Bizliketraveler,

You know how special it was for all of us to have you. We were all touched by you.
We feel very proud and thankful.

You know how to contact me but here I write my email address for anything I may ever be of help (felix.murillo@fourseasons.com).

Yours Cordially,