Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$230
US$314
US$250
  • Restaurant
US$171
US$143
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$370
US$138
US$105
US$239
Travelocity
Sultan Palace Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$157
Agoda.com
1,647 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueinner courtyardluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge staffgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencemajor sitesbaklavabasilica cisterncall to prayer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

This is one of the places we tend to come to in the city particularly for the superb drinks and cocktails in the main bar. The Fake Guinness cocktail is my favorite, but my friends all love the way they serve the gin and tonic here. The architecture is superb. This used to be an old prison. So whether staying here or just popping in for drinks or dinner it is well worth a visit. International Four Seasons prices, but with the usual level of service you would expect from this hotel chain.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosebayram
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2015

Dear Rosie A,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on Trip Advisor and for your kind comments. I am delighted to read that you and your friends come and visit us for drinks at the rooftop terrace, A'YA Lounge. A'YA is worth paying a visit by itself and I must add that gin and tonic service there is one of my favorites as well!

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next friend gatherings in the Old Town...

Reviewed 3 September 2015

One of the best properties I have stayed in while visiting Istanbul. Amazing service, and unique property make this hotel a must in Istanbul. Located near all the attractions of the old city, this hotel was a former Turkish prison. Its unique design and tranquil atmosphere are a welcome respite in a very bustling city. Service was outstanding & the staff exceptional.

Room Tip: A corner room provides multiple views
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank HighFlyerNewYork_NY

Dear HighFlyerNewYork_NY,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and found the location of the Hotel convenient for your excursions in the Old Town. Your kind comments on the service and the staff were the highlight of my day.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next trips to Istanbul...

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

Without question the best hotel in Istanbul! Definitely one of my favorite Four Season properties. Service was exceptional, the staff was beyond amazing, & our room was beautiful. The location was perfect- it's walking distance to all the major attractions. We ate most of our meals at the hotel, because the food was fantastic. We stayed three days....I wish it was three weeks! Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TarafromVC

Dear TarafromVC,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on Trip Advisor and for your kind comments, especially on the food. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable 3 days with us. Your lovely comments on the service and the staff were the highlight of my day. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at Four Seasons.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next trips to Istanbul...

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

This Four season Hotel venue used to be a prison. It retained that look, its decor us of a terrible bad taste not even close to its sister hotel at Bosforous. Its only advantage us its location in the center of town at the shadow of Santa Sofia and Blue mosques. The place dors looks like a prison, restorant is awful bad. Go to the Four Season at Bosforous better. You will be amazed of the difference.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alejandro & Cat... Q

Dear Alejandro & Cat... Q,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on Trip Advisor. I must say that I am terribly sorry to see that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay and were unable ensure a pleasant visit. Kindly note that I sent you a direct message with my contact details if you would like to share further details about your recent experience.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Being the Four Seasons Junkies we are my wife and I, along with the kids, took advantage of the overnight stop in in Istanbul on our Celebrity cruise. We had heard great things about the famous Turkish prison conversion Hotel and had to stay the night. It immediately reminded us of our stay at the Medici family conversion Four Seasons hotel in Florence. The service was outstanding and the facility was literally a museum. We had a fabulous evening having drinks on the rooftop overlooking the Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The outdoor gardens were pristine. The only disappointment was the lack of a a pool to cool off in the steamy August heat.

Room Tip: We Used our Amex Platinum Business card for booking were offered a complementary upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank abuscaglia

Dear abuscaglia,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on Trip Advisor and for your kind comments. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. In regards to your comment on the pool, we are lucky to have a sister hotel on the shores of the Bosphorus with two pools, indoor and outdoor. Next time you come, please contact Concierge for arrangements as our guests have a signing privilege at our both properties.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again during your next trips to Istanbul...