World Heritage Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$119
US$112
US$105
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa Pera Suite Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$50
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$123
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$511
galahotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram stationpool sidegrand bazaaroutdoor poolnice hotelold cityturkeyan upgradeeasy accesshotel is locatedpublic transportationcall to prayerihgairportsultanahmetliragym
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Iocated on the main street, it had good access to the Tram and public transportation.
We asked to be located away from the main street since I am a light sleeper. The room was quiet during the night but every day at 06:00 the sound of adhan (morning prayers calling) was very loud. I mean loud loud! as if a person came to our room everyday in the morning with a microphone and said the calling for 3 minutes or so.
The room was small and the ruggs had stains all over them. the building looked very rusty and old and did not offer a view since it had only 5-6 floors.
The bed sheets, toilet and bath tubs looked clean.
There were two pillows on each bed but they were small and very sloppy. When I asked for a different pillow, they said it is the only type they have
The air condition did not leave you with the choice of choosing “cool” or “warm” only the fan speed!
We wanted to set the tempreture on cool, but they said it is only on heat mode since it is November. The reception suggested to open the window if we want a cooler Temperature! which is very unpleasant for a 5 star hotel.
The safebox did not work properly.
The room was not delivered slippers, shower gel (it had bath foam but not shower gel), the blow dryer sounded dangerous and the top was secured with tapes!
The lobby was small and very average.
The rating for me was a 4 star and it would be unjust to other 5 star hotels in Istanbul if they are considered at the same range plus I have seen 4 star hotels near Taksim.the accomodation was just the same.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Behnaz X,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the outside noise and for not living up to your expectations regarding our room condition, facilities and pillows. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management for reference.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The room was big enough for all of us,However not cleaned at all. I'm not sure why. The hotel itself is outdated. The front desk team are a bid firm and not welcoming. I will definitely come back to my lovely Istanbul but not to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Amaya H,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your feedback. I am glad you were satisfied with the room received and the size is at par. However, we apologize you found the hotel dated and the level of service received from the staff fell below of your expectations. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary improvements will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I really liked staying in this hotel, the location of it is perfect just opposite to the tram station which make all Istanbul accessible.
The food was very nice, the buffet at the morning has everything you ask for.
The cleaning was very good, to be honest I liked the cleaning staff because I normally sleep till afternoon and I get out late after 3 pm however; I came back I found the room is cleaned and everything is in order while in some hotels they just come in the morning and if you told them to come back later they will not show up till next day.

The only thing I can comment about is the room size is small but it was comfortable enough.

I will definitely come back in future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Simply put this is an extremely well run and friendly hotel. My room was on the back and was quite quiet. I say quite as we had the window open. This was because the ventilator made rather a noise! As the window was open the call to prayer at dawn was rather loud. Never mind. Church bells are even worse! Our room was very pleasant and it had tea making facilities. We slept well and enjoyed our stay. Small issues (problems with the printer hotel computers available for guests) were swiftly, competently, and most politely resolved. It is so convenient for the tram into town or to go to the train change for the airport. Excellent.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I have contact the reception for my concern but he was urespecfull

The hotel is very bad, bad treatment, no service although it is a 5 star hotel
We saw a wastes under the bed
Please see the comment of people in the google maps
الفندق سيء جدا