Orient Hostel International
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$44
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$84
Priceline
US$510
US$390
  • Restaurant
All reviewsturkeyhagia sophiarooftop barperfect locationpublic transportmain attractionsfew minutes walkhookahbosphorusdistrictolivestram
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here twice throughout my 3 week trip through Turkey. Orient hostel is in a perfect position to see the sites, experience the culture and make great friends with the locals. The food was great! Bilo.. aka jedda was the highlight of the stay. Friendly, vibrant and always laughing. Beer is cold and beds are comfortable! I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank SamOnley
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Orient Hostel in the end of June 2014 with four of my friends. We had the best time at the Hostel and the staff was always friendly and really helpful with travels and transport. The location of the place is amazing as well as the rooftop overlooking the old town, Bosphorus and the breakfast. The street was vibrant and had a very jovial atmosphere. The highlight of the stay though was the the bar and restaurant bit of the Hostel. Bilo (Jedddda) was the best host and made us laugh a lot we had some great chats, jokes, shishas and beers in the bar! Will only stay there when I go back to Istanbul. Awesome city with an even better hostel! Go Jeddda

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank onj_71187
Reviewed 2 July 2014

By far THE BEST hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Super clean, perfect location in the heart of Istanbul. Only a couple of minutes away from the most historic and top monuments. It was my first time traveling alone, and I last minute decided to add Turkey to my list of places to visit. It was so last minute, I had not planned anything and once I arrived, the city intimidated me just a bit. However, in all honesty if it weren't for the staff of the hostel my trip to Turkey would have not been nearly as AWESOME as it was. They helped my plan my days and organize my stay at Turkey on a budget and make the most of it! I am solo thankful for choosing this hostel to stay at! Everyone I had the pleasure of meeting at the hostel were by far the most genuine, kind hearted people I've come across! And I do not usually write reviews but this hostel and the staff truly do deserve it! Turkey is an amazing country and lacks nothing, and I am glad I had the chance to fully experience it with the help of some of the most amazing people you will ever meet hands down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Shabnam A
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in Istanbul for last 3 days of our journey in Turkey by bicycles. We looked for the hostel in Sultanahmet – in the hearth of old Istanbul. This hostel was the best choise.

The hostel location is absolutely fantastic, only few minutes from the top monuments of the city (Agia Sophia, Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Topkapı Palace), well accessible by a tram. Hostel staff is professional and helpful. The staff provides very good service. From the terrace is nice view over the rooftops, incl. both great mosques, and Bosporus.

Special thanks to staff for their help with our boxes that we use for transport of bicycles in an airplane. Staff helped us with the transfers from/to the airport as well as with box deposition in a luggage room during our journey. This is the only hostel in the center which allowed us to park bicycles inside the hostel (at small courtyard), not on the street (like others). Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms in the highest floor oriented to east side (to Bosporus) are more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jara_Krejci
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked the Orient Hostel about a month in advance of our trip and arranged a tour of Cappadocia through the tour company there. Staff promptly responded to emails, doing their best to accommodate our tight budget and hectic time line. Upon arriving, we were greeted by genuinely friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, an amazing view and engaging fellow travellers. The tour, which included two over night bus rides, an evening stay in a cave hotel, a balloon ride and a tour of the area, was well organized, a reasonable price and was a great experience. I've stayed in my share of hostels, but the Orient rises to the top of the list for it's overall atmosphere and accommodating staff. I would recommend both staying at the Orient and booking tours through their tour agency.

Room Tip: We stayed in a shared dorm facing the main street which is vibrant and lively most of the night. It was a right room for us!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends