“FANTATSIC! Perfect way to learn the city!”

Istanbul Layover Tours
Ranked #72 of 442 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The more you travel, the more you will experience. For sure it is true if you ever leave the airport; Istanbul Layover Tours offer private guiding services by licensed proffesinal tour guides from Ataturk Airport to historical sites and city center for transit travelers, who has a couple of hours layover between their flights, with multiple comfort options of transportion and flexible tour schedules.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We LOVED our tour with Istanbul Layover Tours. We had an 8 hour layover, getting in to IST in the evening. Latif met us just outside of the Arrivals wing and we quickly jumped into his van, speeding off to the Old City. He was a FANTASTIC guide, we went all over the city, Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, Asian side, new city/old city. We didn't just rush through it all, Latif provided an amazing explanation of the site's historical, societal and religious significance. It wasn't just history though, it was the FOOD! Latif introduced us to wonderful little bites to eat, along each site, everything from cheese, to mussels, to Turkish burritos. It was NOTHING that we could have done on our own, worth every penny

1  Thank Aaron P
"grand bazaar"
in 8 reviews
"turkish history"

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had an 8-hour layover in Istanbul and my arrival time was too late to join the Turkish Airline complimentary tour. I found Istanbul Layover Tours here on Trip Advisor and got a very quick and reasonable response from the owner via email. When I arrived at Ataturk, Latif, my tour guide, texted me and waited for me on the other side of customs. I'm a single woman traveling alone, and I felt completely safe in the city - Latif picked me up at the airport and guided me on a walk through the city. He covers all the subway fares and finds amazing vendors in the city. He had a solid plan for the tour, but was happy to add in dinner when I said I was hungry. He's so professional, reasonably priced, and full of interesting historical facts. He is fully licensed and legal as a tour guide. A side note on the city: when I left the NYC, there was a warning to avoid travel to Turkey via the State Department, and I want to say that it was completely and totally safe in Istanbul. Do not let your anxiety get the better of you if you're apprehensive about the political climate.

4  Thank JSNYCBK
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Istanbul short day tour was excellent. Of course, I didn't get to do as much as I wanted to in the short time I had. Primarily a walking tour so you will be on your feet quite a bit. It's like your exploring the city with a friend not knowing whats coming up around the next corner. The guide explains everything to you and is very knowledgeable about the city. Take some dollars with you to pay the guide and tip the driver. Overall had an excellent but wet time and want to go back and explore more on a longer stay.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I can whole heartedly recommend this company for great, whirlwind tours of Istanbul during your layovers. My friend and I did a tour on each of our layovers - one at night and one during the day. Both were fantastic - informative, personalized to what you wanted to see and do, and done at whatever pace you liked. It's also very easy to book and the company is great at letting you know where to meet, what to expect.

Our evening guide, Salih Batkin, was knowledgable, funny and moved at a fantastic pace for us (we like to walk briskly). He made sure we were able to taste all sorts of local dishes (be sure to try the steamed mussels with rice) and enjoy the local culture.

Our day guide, Ozgur Karadeniz, was incredibly well versed in the history and did an excellent job of showing us the museums and landmarks in the city.

If you have a layover - do not hesitate to book with this company - completely worth the cost to avoid a crowded tour and really make the most of your time!

1  Thank AthensAmanda