“Very tasty Georgian style restaurant with cozy interrior”
Review of Kangaroo

Kangaroo
Ranked #152 of 731 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Start from the fact that I like Georgian cuisine, and I found here what I looked for. Very nice family style (not fashion) place.
My wife, our friends and I were excited from the food and very nice interior.
The restaurant is located in old Jerusalem house inside closed yard. It has several spaces with different design styles. Friendly service.
This is not the place for Italian style espresso coffee. :)

Conclusion:
Try it and enjoy!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We were celebrating a birthday there.
The food was fresh and delicious, I've tried new and interesting dishes from Georgian kitchen and I liked it. I'm pretty sure that we'll come there again.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

The restaurant was tucked away on a charming alley. First we saw the kitchen on the ground floor and then climbed a short flight of stone steps to a cozy room with stone walls.

The menu was very different than the modern-Israeli restaurants we had been frequenting.

Appetizers
Appetizer plate with eggplant dips, carrot salad, cabbage salad, … The bread was warm and tasty.
Salmon with “caviar”
Georgian cheese bread with egg – a traditional dish that arrives as a crust with an egg in the middle. When the egg and cheese are mixed they form a delicious emulsion like a rich pizza cheese.

Entrees
Fish fillets (white) with fresh garlic
Beef stew with a broiled cheese crust topping like an onion soup only with farmer type cheese
Lamb with a white wine broth and mushrooms
Chicken stew in a red tomato sauce (personal favorite)
Too full for dessert!

Wines
Georgian Red - Old Tbilisi (Saperavi grape)
No Georgian white wine so we had an Israeli Chardonnay – 2014 Gamla Chardonnay

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Horrible customer service, very rude owner. Hygiene is horrible and there are filthy stray cats all over the place (inside the "restaurant"). Never going back again.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I visited Kangaroo in 2015 and decided to take my friends again there. We were delighted by good service and best food. delicious Georgian restaurant in the heart of Jerusalem! thank you!