“Does Not Life Up to the Renaissance Brand”

Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #58 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 25 July 2017

To level set, I'm a lifetime Platinum member, meaning I've stayed in a Marriott over 750 nights. I've stayed in many, many Renaissance hotels and they are usually a fantastic brand, one of my favorites in the Marriott portfolio.

Unfortunately, this hotel does not live up to the brand. You will see that immediately as you pull up to the door and see the peeling paint on the ceiling and walls. The building is old and it shows. The interior is aged and is nothing like you'd expect from a Renaissance. The 'updated' rooms are actually very nice, and I was happy with it.

Overall, I would have been OK except for a couple key issues:

- We never received all of our towels/wash cloths after service...something was always missing and we had to call or go without.

- Executive Lounge was just ok - does not live up to the brand. The repeated signs saying "DO NOT TAKE BEVERAGES OUT OF THE LOUNGE" was ridiculous...they don't want me bringing a bottle of water back to my room? Really? Only Renaissance in the world that does this. It screams 'WE ARE CHEAPSKATES'!

- The thing that made me the most upset - the hotel REQUIRES you to pay for breakfast, even if you don't want it. In all my years of Marriott stays, my wife has come on most of the trips. Every single time she gets a light breakfast in the Executive Lounge included. Not at this hotel! They REQUIRED that I pay $30 extra PER NIGHT for my wife's breakfast in the restaurant. When I said she didn't want it, they refused and still made me pay! Only time this has ever happened in over 750 nights in a Marriott.

Room Tip: All rooms have a side view of the ocean. Ask for an updated room, they are much nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank TheNextBillGates
Renaissance T, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear TheNextBillGates,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, we do appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott chain. We offer different rates for single and double occupancy this is why there was an extra fee for your wife's stay, we apologize if this was not made more clear when you made your reservation and we will certainly work to avoid this confusion in the future. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have more concerns that you would like addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to show you a better stay on your next visit.

Aby Haddy
Front Desk Manager

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The staff were friendly, location was fantastic as it's right on the beach. The room had noisy air conditioning and the bar fridge was like a personal drinks vending machine which we didn't like as we like to chill our own fruit, water and drinks and it didn't enable this. It did look renovated. Also it would be better to have tiles or wood floors after coming from the beach. Just a tip if you want a chair on the beach it's 12 sheckels, the guys do try to rip off tourists.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Renaissance T, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Peathatsme,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and are disappointed to learn that we did not match your expectations in all areas of your stay. We have addressed your comments and look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Sincerely, Aby Haddy Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Be careful booking this hotel, price and quality do not correspond!
I booked room SPECIALLY with the sea view, be informed, they do not have rooms with direct sea view, the windows are going partially to both sea and heavy loaded road, it is extremely loud and dusty!
We arrived in the evening, around 18:00, tired but still have to wait till we get some attention. The receptionist checked our booking and informed that our room is DELUX = renovated one (the level of service and honesty here is shocking).
We revived the key and went up to the room - the room was stinky, cold (even it was AC's lowest possible mode) and extremely old: destroyed furniture, walls and doors!!!
And it started...approximately until 21:00 they were trying to find for us ANOTHER room...but at the end they just spoiled our time and showed all the same rooms!
At the end we received still the same old, cold, TERRIBLE room with nothing - NOTHING inside even no water.
The night was terrible, it is July = very hot outside, there is no chance to open the window, that goes to extremely loud and dusty road, but to sleep with AC is very - very - very cold, now in the morning I have a runny nose already.
So, it is a "nice" beginning of a short vacation!
Be careful with booking this hotel not to spoil your stay in Israel!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anna C
Renaissance T, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear Anna C,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide the highest level of service and we were deeply concerned to hear the issues that you incurred during your stay with us. We would very much appreciate it if you could contact us directly so that we can obtain more details and more thoroughly investigate. Your feedback is important to us and we will personally address your concerns in order to improve guest satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to provide a pleasant and memorable experience in the near future.

Aby Haddy
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This is where I normally stay when I am in Tel Aviv. To be clear, none of the beach hotels are fantastic, but this one is actually a good price value. Internet good. Staff very nice. Best beach front access.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marnin72
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The hotel's location is literally beach front. I come down and I'm out on the sidewalk to the the beach! They view is just stunning! I love this hotel primarily for its views and hot location.

The hotel staff at the breakfast restaurant and executive lounge are all so wonderful. They remember my preferred drinks and meal. They are all so sweet and friendly! Food and beverages are definitely a healthy choice. Don't expect meat as there are none. It's easy to convert to being a vegetarian here, maybe even as a vegan. They have tuna fish in case you are a pescatarian ;)

The hotel security is a bit lackluster, but there are times when they will check for your room number and name before letting you in the hotel. Usually, they do this when you are new and the security staff haven't recognized your face yet. I stayed at the hotel for a month, so they all remembered me after passing by a few times.

The front desk/reception are attentive. I once cut my toe from falling into the rocks while wind surfing and asked for a band aid. They called in their first aid responder instead! He cleaned up my little toe, dabbed some cream and patched me up. They definitely took better care of me than me. Ha!

The rooms themselves are a bit small and the building is older. However, the cleaning staff is very attentive and detailed when it comes to freshening up your room again.

Room Tip: Choose facing southwest to see all the way to Old Jaffa. Northwest views are not as great since you...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Renaissance T, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear ManicMiidget, Many thanks for your wonderful review. We pride ourselves in providing the best service and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again.