“home in Israel”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #47 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 30 May 2010

This hotel is warm and inviting. The staff is attentive to your needs.
The breakfasts are fantastic and since I travel alone, I find evening dining in the lobby lounge very comfortabe. The piano music is very lovely.
I especially like the location of the Panarama Hotel in Tel Aviv. This area is early Tel Aviv; however, it has become artistic and trendy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,812)

Reviewed 29 May 2010

Hotel has excellant location with beach just across the road and a short walk to Jaffa with superb fruit market and gift stalls minutes from the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff from management downwards. Buffets at breakfast and dinner excellant with plenty of variety. Only one slight critism nothing organised inn the evening hotel very quiet at night

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I have just come back from two separate nights in an executive room at the Dan Panorama Hotel.

This hotel is amazingly plush and well looked-after, with modern decor. My room was spacious, with smart mirrors and glass furniture. In one of the rooms I had a sofa, it was so big! Every room has a view of the sea, which is nice.

Be a little wary; Tel Aviv is a noisy city, and the hotel is on a main road (but so are many of the other main hotels)! Traffic woke me up both the mornings I was there for, even at 6am.

Upon arrival on my first night we had free chocolates and water in our room, but this was not the case when we returned two days later, so hopefully we were just unlucky and they are consistent on providing this!

The beds weren't the comfiest out there - they were quite hard, which in a noisy city like Tel Aviv can get uncomfortable.

The best thing about the hotel was the food, especially the breakfast, which had the biggest breakfast bar I'd ever seen - pancakes to smoothies, cooked to cold; the only thing they didn't have was fresh fruit like bananas and apples (although they did have melon and grapefruit). There was freshly squeezed juice available and a wide selection of teas and coffees. I could have stayed there all day!

One thing which wasn't good about the hotel was on the first morning - I tend to leave my "Do not disturb" sign on the door until I've disappeared from the hotel for the day, and had just gone back to my room after breakfast. The cleaner must have seen me go in, as a few minutes later when I was preparing to leave, I had some very rapid knocks on my door, and my colleagues had the same. "Do not disturb" should mean "do not disturb"! The rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

But really, the impatient cleaner and the beds (which would probably be fine for some) were the only downsides; I cannot fault the hotel in any other area as it was amazing.

I'd consider using this hotel for a holiday as well as business.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank flyingporcupine
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2010

Dear valued guest,

We thank you for your positive review and assure you that no efforts will be spared in order to improve on those issues that require attention.
Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed 26 May 2010

I went to Israel in May 2010 with my mum & dad as husband had gone away fishing. Arrived at the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv around 6pm. Reception area smelt musty and staff behind reception have their own pace – slow! We were allocated rooms opposite each other on the 13th floor. I had room 1315 and my parents had room 1314. Went up to the room and found rooms to be fairly clean (there was noticeable dust on headboards and bathroom door stop). Balcony had a view of the sea but it was a really small balcony and only big enough to put a chair on sideways if you wanted to sit out. The room had a flat screen TV, kettle, free safe deposit box, hose hairdryer , mini-bar and telephone. The only English TV channels were BBC News and Sky News. No BBC Entertainment channel. Some other channels had English on mixed with Hebrew. I don’t go away to watch TV but would like the option of watch more than just news channels if I feel like it. Bed and pillows were comfortable.

Breakfast buffet has a vast selection. This is a dairy buffet only so no meat. There was fish available if wanted. I stuck to cereal, fruit and then had a little of the berry cheesecake which was delicious. My father and I were disappointed that there were no pieces of fresh fruit such as bananas, apples and peaches available considering it is right near a market that sells fresh fruit. Most of fruit was tinned in syrup! The staff were really obliging. Breakfast finished at 10:30am.

The pool looked freezing so didn’t venture in it. Even the Israelis weren’t in it and they’re harder than me. I like the covers for the sun loungers – really good idea. There were really big umbrellas too which provided shelter from the blazing sun. I would imagine in the high season that it would be impossible to find a sun lounger. The beach is across the main dual carriageway.

Hotel within walking distance of Shuk HaCarmel which is a general market for food, clothes, souvenirs etc and just after it is Nachlat Benyamin which has an Arts and Craft Market on a Tuesday and Friday. Both worth a visit. Also nearby is the trendy Nev Tsedek which has some lovely buildings and lots of one off designer shops. A little further out is Jaffa. This has a flea market and if you venture up the hill it has a Wishing Bridge and lovely views of Tel Aviv.

Due to the Volcanic Ash my flight home was affected. I wanted to check flight details online so had to pay to use the computers with internet access for an hour which cost 40 shekels which is about £8 – very expensive! As I had no choice I had to pay it! We didn’t see any internet cafe’s locally.

I did like the hotel but found some areas a little old fashioned (reception and lobby bar). The hotel is in a good location for Jaffa and the markets. Taxi prices vary so always check, especially the ones from the entrance! I would return to this hotel and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Rachel_Meehan
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

Dear valued guest,

Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed 24 May 2010

It was a pleasure to be back at the Dan Panorama where we were warmly welcomed by the staff in all areas eg reception, restaurant, pool. Good to see some of the other regular guests and we will be back later in the year.

We are very happy with this hotel and the food is excellent - I avoided the healthy living dessert table on Shavuot because the gateaux etc were FABULOUS.

Some of the accommodation has been refurbished and we have been told there will be a major refurb in October. However we had no complaints with our lovely room; it was spotless and plenty of everything in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple