“Everything you could want.”
Review of Orchid Tel Aviv

Orchid Tel Aviv
Ranked #55 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This was my third stay at the Orchid this year and it's still the hotel I'd always try to book first when visiting Tel Aviv.

The hotel itself is based on two towers of rooms and a few single-floors below containing the reception, restaurant and other facilities. On all three of my visits I've been in the older tower but the rooms still seem quite fresh and even some of the the city view rooms have a partial view of the ocean. The whole hotel has a nice atmosphere and is tastefully decorated throughout with large glass walls scattered around highlighting the great view over the beach and Mediterranean. Speaking of the sea, the hotel is in an absolutely perfect location , literally across the road from the beach and just a nice stroll along the beachfront to the old port of Jaffa.

The facilities in the hotel are excellent with an executive area for those looking to get on with some work, an internet/PC room/gym/ironing rooms in both towers and a great pool looking over to the beach. While I didn't dine in the main restaurant for lunch/dinner, it was a great place to have breakfast with a large and varied selection of food and drink and more views of the sea.

The rooms are generally very good - on my first two visits, I stayed in standard (superior) sea-view rooms which were a decent size, comfortable and large windows affording superb views over the beach/sea. On this ocassion, I was in a suite which had a partial sea view. The sute itself was nice enough - the bedroom and bathroom were both light, airy and met my expectations for a 4* suite. The lounge and kitchenette were a little below par in my opinion - the kitchenette reminding me of apartment that needed in need of an update, and the lounge was fine in terms of decor and furnishings but the sofa was stained and quite grubby while the TV didn't really work too well (green patches flashing over every channel). Generally though, I've always had a great sleep at the Orchid and I'm a fairly light sleeper - any noise from outside or the air-conditioning will keep me awake but none of that here.

I tend to rate hotels strongly on whether or not they supply irons & ironing boards in the room (being the best option, with these items being delivered to the room by housekeeping being my second favourite option). In this case, the guest information booklet in the hotel rooms state that irons cannot be used inside the rooms due to regulations and so there are ironing rooms in each tower. I don;t mind too much carrying my clothing to the ironing room but I stayed in another hotel near the Orchid recently (the 5* Herod hotel) and it had no problem with irons in the room..

While the breakfasts were good, the room-service meals were very disappointing. I tried both the club sandwich and a pizza on this ocassion and neither were particularly appealing - both quite bland and greasy. There are plenty of places to eat outside the hotel ranging from McDonalds at the base of the building, to various beach-front restaurants offering a mix casual and for formal dining options.

Service was generally good - always friendly, obliging and prompt and that, along with the rooms and superb location will keep me coming back.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are worth the additional cost, just make sure you get a full sea view and not par...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MProudfoot
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Park Plaza hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location. We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury Suites that are suitable for families with children.
I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Great location right on the waterfront. Spacious public areas. Very spacious rooms.

On the upside, free wi-fi (why can't hotels get that this is a no-brainer? I get wild at $25+ per day for a simple internet connection...). Whilst we were there they also offered free international telephone calls to a vast array of countries which was a surprising touch.

On the downside, parking is expensive. For business travel, the fact that the parking machine does not issue a receipt is virtually unforgivable. Like many hotels, breakfast is outrageously priced, but the cafe next door has a great view, good service and leaves your table groaning under the weight of food.

Would be more than comfortable staying here again - although it's a little pricey.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

Since 5 years we stay two or three times per year in this hotel. Perfect location close to the City and the beach and reasonable prices, compared to other hotels in Tel Aviv.
Very friendly staff at front desk and Lobby Bar ! And even the security team at the entrance is very friendly and helpfull, which doesn't happen very often in Israel.

It is constantly renovated, and they offer free access to one of TLVs best and popular gym, free phonecalls ( !!!! ) worldwide, you can rent bikes for free.

Very generous israeli breakfast with seaview !

Our room was always cleaned perfectely.
If you leave your room very late, just tell the reception, so they don't forget to clean it ( which happened to us in other hotels before)

Thanks a lot - we'll be back !!!!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I would recommand this hotel without hesitation.
The location is perfect. You cross one street to go to the beach and one street to be in Ben Yehuda street.
Parking is 55 NIS per day and a little bit cumbersome.
The rooms are very nice and the beds are great.
The service is very very good and the food is not expensive.
We will come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel rooms , staff and services.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary service of bicycle rental.
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed 5 night with family at this hotel. First; they didnt give us the room that we paid for (the room was very small). We changed the rooms. Second; the problem in this hotel is Service i think- the staff was very rude. They call me 1:00 am in the morning and didnt say sorry. I gave the milk (for my daughter) to reception and they make unpleasant faces when i ask for the milk.
Everytime we get in the hotel they asked if we stay in this hotel! and they skip to clean my room one day. The only thing you can satisfy is the location,(close to beach) and free Wifi. Thats it. Dont expect more.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
PPOrchidgm, Guest Relations Manager at Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear Bething Beth,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv Hotel.
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Park Plaza Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.