“Not the best....and not for the money....”

Isrotel Tower Hotel
Ranked #53 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I stayed at this property earlier this week, Monday to Wednesday and would like to share some points with you from an outside perspective and one that works in the 5* Luxury Hotel market.

Concierge/ security were called to unlock the door as I arrived prior to the check-in time They do not take the luggage from the guest, the guest places the luggage in the room and picks it out. At point of collection the guest picks out and takes the luggage himself, not the staff member and at no point was the luggage ticket checked by the staff member to ensure guest hasn't taken anything that isn't theirs/ or has indeed taken the correct bags.

Check in staff aren't personable - they are there to check guests in but that's it. There is a total lack of guest engagement. No engagement with guests from any member of staff except one man who walked the pool area twice in the time I was there yesterday and said hello on his 2nd walk through.

Housekeeping, when I walked into my room, there was a piece of foil on the carpet, close to the bathroom which is no big thing but surely vacuuming the room thoroughly is a prerequisite. It remained there on both days I stayed and to be honest, it is probably there now. It just highlights the lack of attention to detail and pride in the property.

The pool lifeguard. The old man leaves his seat constantly for comfort breaks i'm guessing but has no cover ? The young lady lifeguard did get cover when she left which was once/ twice in the time I spent there yesterday. The pool area does not look as if it gets cleaned as the tiles around the sunbeams are grimy and the glass screens around the pool murky.

No wifi by the pool - which is extraordinary and I was advised by Reception that I can come and use the lobby or when my room is ready to use the room. I'm on vacation and chat to friends/ answer emails by the pool.this however is not possible. Really? This is the 21st century. I almost left on the basis that there is no note on your website or the Expedia site to highlight this fact. Leo came to the desk and spent a good hour trying to get hold of Expedia but having wasted this time at reception I decided to stay with you rather than move, I knew what the issue was at the Isrotel Tower and the same issue may have been found at a different hotel if I was to move so stayed. By the end of the hour, Leo had warmed up slightly but you do not expect attitude from staff at any hotel. It's called customer care/ the world of hospitality. I've stayed at beach resorts in the most remote regions and far taller properties that offer offers seamless wifi.

No F&B offering in the pool area which I appreciate is restrictive however vending machines in this type of property which isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination is again, unreal. To me showed a total lack of interest in the guest. A 2/3* property I could understand vending machines but yours is a 4/ 5* hotel. This really is unacceptable

Security/ Concierge. The larger security man looked scruffy and was on his phone constantly yesterday afternoon, listening to someone and chatting and wandered around the lobby. Amazing to see but again no engagement and when I went to get my bag he simply unlocked the door and walked away, still on his phone.

I love the location for the beach but would certainly not recommend this property as there are so many lacking factors and so many other properties.

Room Tip: If you want a relaxing day by the pool interacting via social media etc this is not the hotel for yo...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Great stay at the Isrotel
The Sea view room was perfect, the hotel is clean and in a good location
The breakfast was also nice with a good choice
The Staff at the reception was very kind and helpful, many thanks

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your response, we work very hard to maintain high standards, and are glad you enjoyed it.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The front facade of the hotel is not welcoming. However once you are inside you will be pleasantly surprised. The reception area is clean, bright and modern. The reception staff are extremely helpful and conversed in excellent clear English. They are more than happy to send you in the right direction or order you a taxi.
The public areas are bright and fresh. The lift is clean and quiet.
My room was lovely. Modern neutral tones and complimenting hits of accent colour. The bed is very comfortable. The sheets are white and crease free. There is plenty of room to move about. A modern TV to watch.
The bathroom was spotless, the towels were white and soft. The complimentary bath products were of a good quality.
There is a mini fridge with treats that you can purchase.
The breakfast area was modern. The staff cleared used tables quickly so that no one was left waiting. The food was of an excellent quality and would suit the fussiest of eaters. There is no rush to finish your meal.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Helen,
Thank you for the review.

I am glad that you get a good service from our staff, we are trying to do our best to give our guests a good service.

I will be glad to see you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed in two rooms at the Isrotel. It is in a terrific location – across the street from the US embassy, one block from the beach and promenade, and in close proximity to many restaurants. Although initially hard to find the entrance – we learned to appreciate it being tucked away. We had two rooms. The rooms were both quite spacious, had balconies, and one of the two rooms had an amazing view of both the sea (sunset included) and the city (The other had more of a city view and a small sea view). The family room for four, while well appointed, was not as beautifully updated as the single room, although perfectly adequate for a long stay. The single room was gorgeous (I could live in there, not kidding). Both rooms were equipped with a small kitchen, eating table, sofa, balcony furniture, and comfortable beds. They each had a living room and a bedroom. The single room had a beautiful new bathroom as well.
The staff all over the hotel, from front desk to manager to housekeeping could not have been nicer or more efficient or more helpful! They were amazing and deserve credit for taking pride in their service.
As for the breakfast – There was a great variety of hot and cold foods and the ability to order specialty coffees and omelettes. (Some of my family is gluten free and they brought gluten free bread as well.)
There is a small swimming pool on the 30th floor that offers 360° views of the entire city and sea. Chairs are quite hard to come by but it's worth a visit for the view.
Every day but Shabbat there is a complimentary happy hour served that includes both drinks and light snacks. What a great surprise that was – they have thought of everything!
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, and cannot wait to come back to Tel Aviv to stay there again.
PS--The only reason for not giving it five stars is because the room for four was not updated. If all the rooms are redone like the single room – it will absolutely be a five-star hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Karen,
I'm more than happy to read your positive review about our hotel.
I will be happy to see you and your family soon again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had booked 5 nights stay here with Monarch. Unfortunately when we arrived their was a problem with the booking and the hotel was full that night. Staff were very good with sorting out the problem and gave us a evening meal while they sorted out a room and transport for us at the Royal Beach for the first night. When we came back the room was not quite ready as they were converting it to a disabled room for my wife who is in a wheelchair (although we had not asked for this as the Monarch web site does not offer it) we had booked a city view but were given a room (914) with a view of the city and the beach. The hotel was clean and staff very friendly and helpful and located centrally. The rooftop pool is excellent with stunning views. The only thing that could be improved is the lift to the restaurant. As we had a late flight and they were unable to let us keep the room they stored our luggage and let us use a shower to change and clean up before our flight.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir.,
Thank you for your time writing review.
I glad that everything answers your needs and your expectations.
I will be happy to see you and your wife again in our hotel in the future.