“The best falafel ever”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Visiting this 'hole in the wall' take away is an incredible experience. The falafels are the best we have ever eaten, and at a ridiculously cheap price, either .50 or .70 Jordain dollars (about 70 US cents and 1 US dollar respectively). We had the 'more expensive' falafel, which comes in a sesame seed bun, toasted on panini machine. We sat on the benches opposite, and went back to our hotel, where a beer costs over ten times more! Outstanding value, and great quality.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Prior to travelling to Jordan my Jordanian friend said to me, "You must go to Rainbow street and visit Al-Quds. It's the best Falafel in the world."

That was a big statement, and was enough for me to plan a trip out to Rainbow Street and track down this outlet. It's a tiny hole in the wall take away shop. The menu is only a couple of items, based on a Falafel sandwich. When we arrived the shop owner smiled and handed my 2 year old daughter a falafel, and to my delight (and relief) she munched away happily on the tasty treat. I ordered 2 falafel sandwiches, one for myself and one for my wife who has previously proclaimed to "hate" falafel.

The sandwich was that good I devoured it in what felt like seconds, and turned to my wife with a grin on her face from ear to ear. She stated that if falafel always tasted like that she'd quickly fall in love with it.

So I asked myself, 'was it the best falafel ever?' The answer is absolutely YES. For about 70 cents (USD) the sandwich is ridiculously good value, and tastes amazing, not to mention the iconic experience to try this 50 year old establishment.

My tip, by your sandwiches, turn left out of the store and there is a small park 5o metres down the road to sit and enjoy. Wal a bit further and the Gelati is great also.

1  Thank Matt D
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Al-Quds gets a tie with Falafel and Potato (down the street) for best falafel in ALL of Jordan. The secret is they press the sandwich on a panini grill. That's about it. Other than that, the falafel is fresh, the location is great, and the staff is nice.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

this rest was good since long time ago but now, i dont think so...
even the dessert not that much :(

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Service and cleaning place waiters nice and food good we where happy to bee there and price was good nice environment