“Chaine GB visits Amman, Jordan”
Review of By The Lemon Tree

By The Lemon Tree
Ranked #6 of 109 Amman B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this guest house for over 12 weeks and it is truely a home from home. Situated in one of the lovliest areas of the city, it is the perfect base for either business or tourist visitors. Located within a two minute walk from Paris Square where you can find good local shops, a decent bar with good food, a varied selection of small restaurants and the "grog shop" where you will find a reasonable selection of beers, wines and spirits - all at extortionate prices!!

Operating as a B&B, the &B bit is exceptional - every day except Friday - eggs to order - always perfect - plus a buffet table with cereals, juices and fresh fruit.

One of the most exceptional guest houses I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I've stayed in three different rooms and all are comfortable - some more spacious than others...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Protraveller5_11

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Having lived/worked in Amman and experienced recent subsequent travels through Amman it is a pleasure to stay at such a friendly, welcoming place. Guido and his wonderful wife, Rula, made our stay extremely comfortable, their hospitality is overly generous and are ever so keen to share their wealth of local knowledge. Rooms and common areas are the most modern and well pointed that I have experienced in Jordan. Dining areas have there own unique and friendly atmosphere that need to be experienced. Loved it!
Martin Wilson, Sydney, Australia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Wonderful, calm and quite beautiful house to stay in and a contrast to the organised chaos of greater Amman.
We stayed only for a couple of days as most guests tend to be more longer term. Guido, his family and staff were excellent hosts. Breakfast was more than enough of a meal to cover lunch as well and the location is close enough to enable walking to major sites. We walked to the citadel and Rainbow St from the B&B with an 18 month old so anyone can do it! If you've got any questions ask Guido as he's a font of knowledge.
So, look at all the cheap and (probably) nasty 'hotels' a couple of minutes closer to town then come to your senses and stay at By The Lemon Tree B&B.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After communicating by Facebook with clear dates that I wanted to stay with them, we had some prompt conversations about the room arrangements that delayed my booking through airbnb. I wrote with a final question about how to book my reservation, and more than 24 hours later received a reply that "there have been some changes yesterday. We are now fully booked for the dates you requested. Apologies for the inconvenience." I consider this rather unprofessional.

Also, the issue we had that delayed the reservation confirmation was that we are two friend travelers and were requesting a room with two twin beds instead of a shared bed. When I requested, I was told "we cannot guarantee a room with twin beds", without an explanation (if a room with twin beds was available at the time I asked, why couldn't I reserve it? If it was not available, why not just say it wasn't available?) Because I had to confer with my fellow traveler about whether we were comfortable sharing a bed, I delayed making the reservation.

Overall, I guess both issues relate to the idea of "first come, first served", which this establishment doesn't seem to honor.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
guidoamm, Owner at By The Lemon Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

What RJS17 says is all true.
Her post also confirms the hunch I had throughout our email exchange.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This review is from my daughter who stayed at By the LemonTree and I think it's worth sharing since she doesn't have an account:
"I stayed at By The Lemon Tree for 2 nights and it felt just like home :). Guido and his wife are super friendly and its their hospitality that gives the place such a cozy feel. The room was very comfortable and the location of the b&b is perfect (very quiet and peaceful environment). Breakfast by the lemon tree was a great way to start the day and the food was beyond delicious! Everyone was so helpful and there is really not one negative thing I can say about the place; I wouldn't think twice about staying there again :)"

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo