All reviews view room business trip nice hotel other hotels great facilities comfortable rooms rainbow street luxury hotel late check lebanese restaurant nice stay breakfast buffet is security jordan gym arabic driver
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Negatives: Type of guests, small bed for a suite, non comfy bed, dated room, dated bathroom, pillows are below average. the staff is zero friendly (they pretend to be friendly and helpful but in fact they are totally useless)

Room Tip: book on higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Amman for 8 days.

Really nice hotel and everyone is mostly friendly.

Room was really nice and they accommodated our request for a room with a view of the city.

We were staying because of a friend’s wedding and checked the cost in advance as there was a discount package. Unfortunately when we got there the hotel didn’t have that information and were trying to charge us another 100 or so JD. This took some time from our trip to sort as we kept getting told someone would get back to us. It wasn’t until we spoke to a manager later in the week after a seperate incident that he got involved to sort it. As I had emails proving the cost they did honour it.

The seperate incident had to do with my husband trying to get a haircut and the staff banking on him not speaking Arabic. The salon is NOT part of the hotel and do not advertise their prices. He only asked for a haircut, they proceeded to do face treatments which as he was not used to the process for a haircut in the Middle East thought they may be normal. They then charged him 90JD and we were appalled. We spoke to the manager and all they ended up doing is getting the salon to discount and still we paid 65JD with the hotel just saying “sorry” there’s nothing they can do. It’s very sad they used the hotel to pretend they are affiliated but conveniently seperate themselves when it suits them. The hotel being ok with this was extremely shocking.

Amenities were nice with a few restauraunt options and prices were ok. Outdoor pool is lovely!
I was worried about the type of swimwear I needed and turns out at the hotel a two-piece is perfectly fine as other ladies were wearing them also.

Overall Jordan was nice, it was just exhausting having to always worry about someone trying to take advantage and charge you unfairly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Nael O, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Mr/Mrs
We would like to thank you for staying at Le Royal Hotel & Resorts – Amman and for taking the time to send us your valuable review we will consider your comment to improve our services in the future.
We will make sure in your next visit to demonstrate the true Le Royal Hotel & Resorts - Amman Hospitality.
Please advise your contact details in order to contact you in the nearest time.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This was not my first visit tho the hotel, but I think it was the worst. I had previously complained about the poor service, maintenance and cleanliness of the hotel when my daughter’s school held their ‘parent’s dinner ‘ at the hotel. This week friends of ours told us we should watch one of the World Cup games at the Royal. The even was extremely unorganized. We had booked VIP tickets in hopes of more comfortable seating, but we were wrong. Their were hundreds of people crammed into a space that could hold only half of the actual number. Health and safety obviously meant nothing to them because there was only one visible exit, fake grass in the ground and shishas at every table. When you’re going to serve shisha, you don’t want such flammable floors. There were so many people that the ushers simply put chairs in the walkways only adding to the danger of the situation if evacuation was needed. Furthermore, the waiters couldn’t cope with the number of people so our drinks order arrived 1 hour 10 minutes later and only after several reminders to the waiters.
All in all, there are so many options in Amman that you definitely wouldn’t need to stay here. They offer nothing in return for your money and you’d be better off staying anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Scarlet
Please advise your contact details in order to contact you in the nearest time.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

The hotel has a central location, making access to several areas and restaurant easy on foot or by car. This is particularly important in an overcrowded place like Amman. Staff tends to be nice and courteous, except of course some limited exceptions. The pool is small but quiet and nice. The facilities of the hotel are what distinguishes it from other hotels. The spa is accessible to all residents and has many options. It is clean and beautiful. There are two indoor pools, one of which has dead sea water. Rooms are spacious, clean and offer a great city view. The hotel has a beautiful bar with a terrace that offers a great view of the city. The lobby needs to be improved. It is tacky and is usually filled with males, for some reason. It gives the wrong perception. One thing that must be improved is accessibility. The pool can only be accessed by a long staircase. This makes it difficult to access by persons with disabilities and parents with children.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Rasham
We would like to thank you for staying at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts –Amman and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments. It’s always gratifying to receive positive feedback, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks. We hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you again at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I don't recommend this hotel for watching football matches, I was with my friends last night watching Argentina Vs Croatia. The end of the match I got my bill to pay my table was number 19. The amount I must pay 12.500 I gave the waiter 20.00 JOD and I didn't get anything back. I called another waiter and told him please we wait for the chang nothing happen as well and no one show up. Am a hotelier and I know what does it mean tips etiquette. your employees can't decide if the rest is a tip without give me back my bill and then I can say it's yours thanks. Any way I hope they enjoy what was taken wrongly that reflect a bad image about la royal Amman.... my name is Jafar my phone number 00962791000280

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends