Toledo Amman Hotel
InterContinental
US$153
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Arab Tower Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$109
US$137
US$116
Agoda.com
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
US$33
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jordan Tower Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$23
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevening buffetmen and womenjett busnice hotelfree wificlose to downtownstayed here for nightsking abdullahupgraded to a suitetaxi rideroom was spaciouslaundry servicethe ground floorfalafeldead searainbow streetlobby
Reviewed 7 January 2018

If you're looking for a centrally located hotel in Amman that offers you a comfortable stay at a great price, the Toledo Hotel ticks all the boxes. We stayed here for 3 nights in the first week of December and our stay was quite perfect. The studio room was clean and comfortable and had all the amenities one could ask for. The goldfish in the bowl was an added surprise. The breakfast menu was great though somewhat limited if you're vegetarian; it was good enough for a filling start to the day. The hotel has 2 entrances - take the elevator down to the one that takes you closer to Abdali. The hotel is located quite close to Abdali Mall and the King Abdullah Mosque and it is a half hour walk away from the Citadel and the Roman Amphitheatre. Special thanks to Mahmoud, Nabil, Omar and Ibrahim for a great stay and for the late check-out; it was indeed appreciated and a wonderful gesture.
The only fault that I could point out, being a fishkeeper and aquarist, is that it's rather cruel to keep goldfish in a tiny bowl; a large aquarium would be ideal. Other than that, the stay was perfect!

2  Thank CorporateProphet
ToledoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Toledo Amman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear guest, your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated. Your description of the hotel and the location is so weel written, with your permission, we might use it ourselves for promotion :), If you have the chance to visit again, please feel free to request your food prefrence, as our chef will gladly oblige. As for the fish bowl, we will gladly look into into an alternative.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The hotel was everything I expected and more! I was there for a quiet stay in Amman, and my room was perfect for the purpose.The room was spacious and the bed was huge, with great sheets, covers and pillows! The bathroom was very clean and modern and had everything I needed.

The breakfast was delicious with a very big selection of food, mixing both arabic food like falafel, foul, labaneh and hummus with western food such as pancakes, french toast and omelettes. The scrambled eggs were heavenly. The dinner selection was also very varied and it was nice to have a taste of local food.

The personnel was amazing, including Moayad at reception and Aziz. Everyone really helped make the experience personal and feel luxurious. One of the most amazing things about the hotel is the decor. I could not stop looking around at the designs, tiles, wood carvings and lanterns - beautiful surroundings which made the stay so pleasant.

Finally, the location of the hotel was great. You can reach any part of Amman very easily, and for a cheap cab ride. The neighbourhood it is located in is also very nice.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are the ones not facing the mosque and church, as the street below is quite noisy - but the view is amazing!
3  Thank mercedesem

Dear friend,

We couldn't be more grateful for the wonderful compliments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and makes our jobs here at Toledo that much more worth it. Thank for choosing to stay with us and look forward to rolling the red carpet for you again soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights, location is close to the Abdali mall and those taking the bus to Petra about a 1 JD taxi ride to the JET bus station. The hotel is a decent mid priced hotel with adequate facilities and rooms. Recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2017

For any hotel,it is a sign they care if they respond and respond timely to emails. Considering we live in an instant digital world and all hotels have 24 hour hour reception,it is to be expected that emails are dealt with accordingly.

I had been in touch with the Front Office Manager Mr Salem,a true professional who really cares about guests. I would be landing in Amman around 2300pm and my bus to Petra was at 0630am. As it happened the Toledo Amman Hotel was very close to the JettBus terminal !

Mr Salem went above and beyond to ensure I had a comfortable time not only in the hotel but also in Jordan. I was taken aback when Mr Salem advised that not only could I have a pickup to get to the Abdali area ( where both the hotel and the Jettbus Station are located ),but I could leave my suitcase and freshen up/change my clothes and in the morning ( for the same fee as pickup from the airport),the driver would drop me off to the JettBus terminal. I could also use the Business Centre to catch up on emails and do some work. Wow. I was impressed before I had even arrived !

Omar on Reception showed me to a private room behind reception to change and to store my luggage/ business suit etc. I then worked for a few hours in the Business Centre. Afterwards, a nice waiter Mohammed brought me a menu at my request and I ordered,as you do, a pizza and Chips !

I charged my devices and was surprised that in the recreational area the plug sockets were British !

Anyway it got to 0615am and my driver picked me up and took me to the Jettbus terminal ; I got my bus and went to Petra and returned the next evening to Amman to officially checkin to the Toledo Amman hotel.

Mr Nabil checked me in and I was delighted when I got told I had been upgraded to a suite free of charge ! Amazing. Especially after the awful experience I had had with my Petra hotel. I got my room key,a handy map of the hotel and paid for my airport dropoff a few days later.

The room was stunning and I was more than made up to see bowl with 2 Goldfish to keep me company ! A real premium touch and completely unexpected. The cleanliness of the room was exceptional. I really had been given a stunning room. The King Abdullah I Mosque was visible if leaning slightly out the window ( to the right of the Church ahead of it ! )

I came back downstairs and ordered McDonalds - my first time eating Filet O Fish in 9 years after finding that this is not suitable for Muslim consumers due to the cooking processes. I was astonished to learn that Mcdonalds deliver to your room ! Now that is superstar service ! Mcdonalds delivered within 30 minutes and after enjoying my meal I had a lovely warm shower with luscious toiletries. (worth a mention that the shower floor fills up to foot level ; I was unable to drain this but housekeeping would seem to have a magic way to drain the water when cleaning the room !).

After a comfortable and beautiful sleep, I awoke to my first morning in Amman. I called down to see if Breakfast was still being served and was told it was and for how long. I went downstairs and enjoyed a filling and delicious breakfast ( see photos) . Mohammed was back on duty and he advised that I can have a takeaway box to have some food in my room ! Wow.

I was feeling a little ill after my cold shower ordeal in Petra so had some rest and in the late afternoon I visited Abdali Mall and the famous Al Madinah Al Munawarrah Street.

When I arrived back at the hotel after being scammed by a taximan , I mentioned this to Mr Nabil and he was sorry to hear this. Bear in mind the scam has no link to the hotel at all. I said to Mr Nabil that I was very happy with the hotel and that I woudldbring my Parenst next time. I was pleasantly surprised when Mr Nabil gave me two little boxes of Jordanian sweets for my Parents. What a lovely gesture and so appreciated. It really lifted the bad experience with the taxi driver.

The next day after breakfast, at reception a Mr Mahmoud gave me some dental kits and I went back to my room to rest a little. I then took a taxi to the Citadel which Mr Mohammed ordered. Both Mahmoud and Mohammed from reception were very nice and special thanks to Mr Arnold from Housekeeping and the other housekeeper from The Philippines whose name I forget but I remember his efficency with fondness.

It is only on the last of my 3 night stay that I realised the hotel has 2 different entrances ! One on Al Razi Street where the main reception can be experienced. Rooms from this side can be accessed by pressing 6 in the lift. Reception is accessed by pressing L7 ! The other entrance is on the back side of the building nestled between shops. Just a glass door with a long hallway and a security officer who checks your room number and guides you to a lift where you end up in Reception and need another lift to get to your room !

On my morning of checkout I had a picture with Mohammed and Nabil. I then had breakfast. Mr Nabil said to bring my Parents next time.

From my room Church bells were tolling. Made all the more special with King Abdullah I Mosque being located behind the Chruch ( from this viewpoint )

A superior stay from start to finish ; a huge thanks to all my hosts and for Mr Salem ensuring that my stay was memorable,comfortable and enjoyable ! I can't wait to come back !

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a nice view of King Abdullah I Mosque !
5  Thank WindowSeat79
Reviewed 17 December 2017

The hotel is located quite central in Amman, and even if the two entrances on two completely different levels were quite interesting they proved to be very helpful. The staff was incredibly helpful, especially when it came to book a car to the Israeli border and to deal with the technicalities there, and they even rejected a tip. The restaurant offered an excellent sample of the local cuisine at a resonable price. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the only drawback was that it only featured one double bed, even if we had booked for three people, two adults and a twelve-year-old girl. But all in all it was a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family