“high priced snacks comparing to other options”
Review of Simit Sarayi

Simit Sarayi
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Mecca
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Simit Sarayi is a well known Turkish chain around the world, but it's expensive with prices like 20 Riyals for a cheese sandwich and 15 Riyals for plain simit .

I understand that the location has its effect on items prices but you can find many other options around with much less prices.

1  Thank Omar O

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

A Turkish style cafe
Mainly bakery’s varieties
Staff are friendly and helpful
Cleanliness is up to standard
Freshness of products is acceptable
The only issue to me is the price is way much over
That it will be my last visit

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I do prefer to have my Turkish tea with Simit, a roll bread with sesame or with cheese. Very delicious, I do sometimes take the potato in roll.

Simit Saray famous for the traditional Simit roll, I have tried it in Dubai, Sarajevo, Istanbul and Mecca, it is very basic but very delicious with the Turkish tea.

Expect that you will be angry sometimes, because it is always busy and crowded in front of the cashier counter, bare with the situation as it is mostly the same!

I recommend to go there

Rating:
9.5/10

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We tried the pastry with potatoes and another with cheese. It was a light but lovely snack. However, the pricing is quite high for what you get.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I know this chain from my travels in Istanbul and was pleasantly surprised an outlet was opened in Abraj Al Bait. However I was put off by the prices. A sandwich for SAR22, a simit for SAR15. As I am a frequent visitor to that side of Abraj due to presence of my favourite shops around that area, I noticed that food that is not sold by closing time is left in the display and ready for sale the next day. I don't know if they have any policy on how long any food can be left in the display but based on comments left by other customers here, I guess there is none.