All reviews transit stay hour layover transit passengers shuttle bus top level buffet breakfast dhaka airways mr
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Usually we see people smile at the door of any hotel, but it seems like they haven’t got enough training about how to smile and treat the guests.
We had a flight delay for more than 12 hours then the airline company sent us to there in order to have some rest till we have our flight at late night, but the 2 front office agents (if they are) weren’t happy since we got through the entrance
We started to introduce ourselves to them but they aggressively replied that they have all the information and simply asked us to just give them our passports, we received the rooms keys and no one advised us where the elevators are
We were 2 people in each room (however we aren’t a group or relatives but they just did that according to the instructions they had from the airline company Al Jazeera) they created only 1 room key, later I went down to the front office asking to have one more key for the roommate, one of them became very angry saying “sir, this is the rule of the hotel, one room one key, stay together this isn’t my problem, I will make it this time only for you” I was shocked of his way of talking and I advised both of them “you are front office agents, you are the first and last impression to the guest so please smile and talk nicely to your guests otherwise they will not like the place and will spoil the reputation of the hotel and also will not think to come back to this country because this hotel is located inside the airport and you should be more patient to understand the guests as most of them will be tired of traveling” but his answer was totally disaster “sir we are here to work only, and if you come back or not, this is your problem I didn’t tell you come”
I also asked to have slippers but the way of answer was again disappointed with bad eye contact and angry face.

The hotel looks (or it is) very old and almost everything is done with old manual system especially the front desk.
The restaurant isn’t bad and although the food variety wasn’t too much, the food was tasty.
Room was ok with a great view of the planes taking off and landing but has no amenities or even a bottle of water.
Wi-Fi is difficult to connect and extremely slow.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
gamal h, Manager at Safir Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Mr. Ibrahim thank you for your value comments regarding our hotels staff first of all we have to apologize for the incident & we will take necessary regarding your mention point and we wish if we will be positive on your next stay with us on behalf of the hotel management .we look forward to have welcome with us again thank you for your patience.

best regards

Gamal Helmi

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Everything was perfect: Pick up, food, room, facilities, services etc
We enjoyed the transit time. Especially my 2-year-old son. The staffs were very helpful, especially those who were in the restaurant.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
gamal h, Manager at Safir Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank for your comments and appreciate very much and hoping to stay with sooner or later.

Gamal Helmi

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Charged me twice for a single dinner. When E-mailed them to give my money back they got disappeared !
Also would like to mention the pickup service, I had to wait two hours before someone came to pick me up everytime!

Room tip: Look carefully before flying with Kuwait Airlines, if there is any transit of more than 8 hrs then do not travel with this airlines.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Tanvir A
gamal h, Front Office Manager at Safir Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Mr. tanvir

kindly send us the hotel bill copy for investigation on email safirairport@safirhotels.com

kindly regards
gamal helmi

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, conveniently situated in the airport. It took us a while to go through transit to get the shuttle bus, but dinner was ready at 11pm and the room was clean, despite a small, quite dirty bathroom.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2018

There is a duty free area and that is about all. If you want to eat here is a Starbucks and a third rate chicken, burger and pizza place. I'd recommend Starbucks. Both times visited the eating area was dirty, tables dirty with rubbish on them and when cleared there was no attempt to clean tables. There are also too few toilets. I and the rest of my party agreed we would avoid this airport for stopover at all costs.

Date of stay: December 2017