“The most incredible hotel in the world! A beautiful facility facing the sea but the most incredible staff! A must visit!”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 26 October 2011

From the moment we arrived and were checked in at our suite which looked out over the Med we knew we were in the right spot. The Hotel is magnificent, the suite was large and very well arranged with all one might need. The rooftop pool is spectacular with a view out across the marina and on to the sea. The staff can not do enough to make your stay memorable. This is truly a 6 star hotel and one you must add to your bucket list.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear CooNewJersey,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I sincerely appreciate you complementing our staff and the view you enjoyed from your suite and the rooftop pool. Have to say you’ve taken a really nice shot of the pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Honestly - an amazing hotel. Great service, amenities, location and hotel condition.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking ocean are great.

Dear Jtravs,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, in particular regarding the service and overall hotel experience. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 10 nights and we loved every minute of it. We actually didn’t want to sightsee in Lebanon but stay at the hotel’s amazing pool. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a beautiful master suite. It faced north with clear views of downtown Beirut, the sea and the mountains.

The staff is unbelievable in the service they provide. From greeting you to pressing the elevator buttons the staff is nonstop. We were greeted with warm and sincere smiles by all as we entered the hotel, the restaurant and the pool. Our room was clean and spotless. The staff periodically changed the fresh fruit basket presented as an arrival gift. The water provided daily was plentiful, they give you bottles in the room and when you visit the pool (more on that later).

When you ask for a wakeup call, they ask you if they should send you complimentary coffee or tea right after the call. The wakeup call and door bell are timed perfectly; every morning we enjoyed coffee; on one of two terraces, prior to showering and heading down for breakfast. Breakfast staff is amazing (menu was boring after 10 days) and food was good. You are provided with Middle Eastern plates of cheese, lebni (sour cream) and an assortment of fresh vegetables along with your choice main course.

The pool is located on the 27th floor (top floor) of the hotel and it becomes a lounge/ bar after 6pm. Upon arrival to the pool level you are greeted and escorted to your choice chair which is already covered with a towel, a second towel is provided immediately for your head and later for your body. A mint/ rose flavored face towel is given to wipe down the dally grind off your face. The staff right away pours you water in ice filled glasses. A few minutes later you are provided with fresh fruits, every 30-40 minutes another “goody” is handed out; like gelato or kebab fruit sticks. My wife loved how the staff sprayed her face with cooling and freshening sprays every 30 minutes or so. There are plenty of newspapers and magazines for your enjoyment along with several sun tan lotions at the bar. Private cabanas are available but they are always in the shade. It’s like being in a heavenly spa above Beirut and enjoying the amazing views. Like I said earlier, we didn’t want to leave the pool area. You can also enjoy lunch which is served at the tables along the pool side.

We had our local friends over for drinks at night and once again Four Season Beirut top any lounge/ bar in Beirut. Yes the music may not be the best; however the views and atmosphere are amazing. The pool has fire burning out of it; colorful lights are bouncing off the top of the building and great staff is serving you drinks in cabanas, private sofa lounges or along high tables. Reservation is required even for hotel guests since the hotel limits the space to only 150 people.

We have previously stayed in other places in Beirut howevert our only choice upon our return trip to Beirut will be the Four Seasons!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nycman17
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear nycman17,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and for taking the time to post a wonderful review on Trip Advisor of your recent stay.

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I genuinely value detailing your experience during your 10 days stay with us, and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities. I liked the photo album posted and the pictures taken from your suite and the roof of Beirut.

Once again, thank you for choosing Four Seasons as your home in Beirut. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I had the pleasure to stay in this wonderful hotel for a short week for business reasons. This is the 4th hotel I am staying in Beirut and definitely by first choice. The location is great (walking distance to town) and the staff is simply outstanding. Besides their professionalism and way to make their guests really welcome, they find the right line between great service, being friendly and not being "too much", simply classy. This is for me, a woman traveling for business on my own to a lot of places, very important. The rooms are very nice, big and clean (I always would ask for sea view and highs lever because there is still a lot of construction noise in Beirut going on everywhere at lower floors), loved the L'Occitaine products in the bathroom. Breakfast is just great made me eat too much!! I just missed some more variety of this great Lebanese specialties on the in room dining. The Restaurant food quality wasn't my cup of tea at later hours. But the HIGHLIGHT is the roof top Pool & Bar & Lounge with this incredible look over Beirut with an incredible staff. On day time it is a great place to relax or to work (wireless works perfect up there) and to enjoy fresh smoothies. My staff and I literally worked from their all day. The only drag for me was the music which was like lounge chill out music, repeating every day. Being a music fan I realized that some places in the middle east like to play this terrible music. I understand that this should be relaxing music.. but there is so much great music around the world performed by human beings.... and not loops....also for chill out...what about Michel Buble, Matt Bianco, Jamie Cullum, Norah Jones, Shade, Bebel Gilberto? Why is a high class hotel going so mainstream instead of having class also in music (pls excuse my excursion!!)? In the night time the ROOFTOP BAR turns into one of the hottest spaces in town with a DJ (music increasing and at least some great R& B and Disco from the 80's). You will see the dressed up beauties of the city enjoying food and drinks. The gym & sauna are very fine, clean and you will taken care of so well. Internet working everywhere there. I will definitely come back and give my "thumbs up".

Room Tip: I would choose rooms at highest level to avoid noise from the construction all over Beirut. As highe...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Catniched,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience across all hotel outlets and facilities and in particular the service and attentiveness of our employees.

I am happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the comfort of your room and have favored our L’Occitane products. It’s wonderful that you were able to enjoy Beirut by day & night from our roof top. I have noted your comments regarding the pool’s music selection. I can assure you that I will personally discuss it with our Director of F&B and see how we could further enhance it. At your leisure, please do send us your contact details or call the hotel at 961 1 761 000 and ask for me directly, as I’d love to know more of your input on our restaurant and in-room dinning food selection.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Just returned from 3 nights at 4 Seasons Beirut for business. Was concerned by some of the negative reviews but had a great experience due to excellent facilities and superlative staff. I checked in at 3AM and was greeted warmly and promptly. Unfortunately, I was assigned a smoking room (no fault of hotel, non-smoking was not specified by booking agent), but the desk staff quickly moved me to a nice non-smoking room that was truly fume residual free. I lost my seaview, but the city view was nice at night. The room was generous and comfortable. Complementary bottles of water in bathroom and fast wireless internet ($30/day) that is available also at the poolside. The hotel is located along the waterfront with a lot of construction in front along the seaside. What that will look like in future years will be interesting. First morning I went left out of hotel and walked to a commercial area. Found a local sandwich shop where some patrons helped me choose their favorite (feta, tomatoe, cucumber, olives) along with an espresso. Sat nearby on the Corniche with the fresh food and watched the fisherman. Later that evening we turned right out of the hotel and made the short walk to Beirut Central District and the Souk for outdoor cafes, shopping, and mingling. Great places to sit, eat, drink, and indulge in shisha (if that is your choice, it certainly is most everyones!).
The pool facility at the hotel is excellent. I spent an afternoon up there working. There are many comfortable places to sit for sun or work including tables, lounges, and couches. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful with a constant supply of water, snacks, towels, etc. The pool is on the top floor so there is a panoramic view of the sea, the city, and the surrounding mountains. Only minor picky point is that the pool, while lovely, does not have the length to support swimming laps. After 7PM the area becomes a vibrant and dynamic bar.
I read other complaints about the cigarette smoking. It is true the lobby area allows smoking, but that is pretty much true of all of Lebanon that I experienced (most notable in the airport where my immigration officer had a lighted cigarette). The second floor restaurant and breakfast buffet appeared to be non-smoking and was certainly comfortable. The breakfast buffett itself was very nice with fresh figs, many local fruits, wonderful cheese/yoguurt mezze, and local egg dishes available.
Finally, all the staff that I engaged were incredibly helpful and friendly.
Beirut is a lovely city with dynamic and vibrant people. This is my second time there and for my third, I'll gladly return to 4 Seasons.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Aequanimitas,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor on our property.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and had wonderful time at the hotel and in particularly the pool. I was so happy to read that you’ve had good time in the city and had the chance to walk around especially along the Corniche and in Beirut’s downtown. I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities especially the breakfast buffet and our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut in the near future.