“New hotel and excellent on all fronts”
Review of Hilton Doha

Hilton Doha
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed for one night on 24 April. This place had only been open for a week. I did not have enough time to check out all the facilities but what I saw was great. My room on 19 th floor was excellent and I suspect I was the first one to stay there. Big and roomy with a great bathroom layout.

The bar has about 5 TV screens and had the footie on and this was great, the service was excellent, I sat at the bar and the food stuff coming out from the bar menu looked great, well presented and plenty of it.

Had breakfast in the executive lounge and this was ok but lacking a little choice, would use the main eating area next time.

It's a brand new hotel and some things are not quite working right and there are still workmen tinkering here and there but overall the layout is good, the pool is next to the beach and all in all it is designed very well and I'll stay here again.

The staff could not do enough for you.

6  Thank toddman572001
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear toddman572001,

I thank you very much for your kind words which we have passed on to the whole Hilton Doha Team. As a matter of fact, you have helped us marked the History of Hilton Doha by being one of our First Guests, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Our Executive Lounge Team have taken your feedback into consideration and we want to reassure that we are consistently learning and improving our services.

Please do contact me on venilla.marimootoo@hilton.com the next tiime you wish to visit us again, I will happy to assist you with your booking arrangement.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed in this brand new hotel as part of a special soft opening deal. I had an event in the same hotel that night and it was easier to stumble upstairs than wait for a cab.

Literally, the hotel is the newest in town and boasts some of the most spectacular views in Doha. I was upgraded to an Executive room, which was a corner room and afforded me views to the city and Corniche on my left and the Arabian Gulf to my right. at night the city view of the skyline was stunning but marred slightly by the filthy windows. I suspect I may have been the first person to use the room, that said, there were few glitches except for what was called a "random outage" of the TV connection which lasted a couple of hours.

However the small balcony with an outdoor setting means you can watch the sunset and actually enjoy the view.

The room itself was large and well appointed. the dressing room seemed like a waste of space but the bathroom and stand alone tub was lovely. The toiletries are Crabtree and Evelyn and the towels almost steal-worthy - big and soft. The work desk has a "technology hub" where you can plug in USBs, ipads and other items. The free internet was also a great thing give how stingy some hotels in Doha are.

When I checked in I was told my room wasn't ready, which I thought was strange given the low occupancy. It also seemed my room change meant I wasn't actually registered with housekeeping or others, meaning turn down service didn't materialize until requested.

My bags also took more than an hour to find my room. The glitches were forgiven by the arrival of a cheese plate from management - always the way to my heart.

The executive floor on level 22 has stunning views but a fairly average offering. The hot snacks were luke warm but the wine on offer was good and the staff cheerful.

the day after the event, I used the small but functional gym and booked a "Meditation Massage" in the charming little spa. the massage itself was great, the therapist knowledgeable and well trained. At QR495, it was on the pricey side, but a great experience as the rooms and facilities are thoughtfully done.

The hotel is blessed with a decent beach and a good outdoor pool set up which should make it popular on the weekends.

Breakfast is included for Executive rooms, served in the lounge on 22nd floor with a mini buffet of eggs, beef bacon and some other items such as cold cuts and cheese. Again service was cheerful if a little flustered and unprepared. A request for butter was met with "I have to get some from downstairs", arrival as we were leaving.

I didn't get a chance to try the dining outlets (apartment from the three course meal at the event which was passable given it was their first major function!)

Check out was fast and efficient and my car was brought up promptly by valet, bags loaded in.

In all, a pleasant stay in a hotel that is still ironing out the glitches. Hilton Doha doesn't have the WOW appeal of its next door neighbor Four Seasons, but it's a nice addition to the hotel scene in Doha.

Room Tip: Got for an executive room with a city view...stunning
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rachelannmorris
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Rachel,

Thank you very much for your very valuable feedback here which we have shared with the whole Hilton Doha Team.

I am also glad that we are already in touch and thank you indeed for recommending us to your friends. Please do let me know any other time, I may be of any assistance.

The whole Hilton Doha Team joins me in sending you our Best Regards.

Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

A comfortable , well decorated and serviced room, stunning view of sea and marina,small but pleasant well organized beach area. La sahtaine restaurant is definetly great venue for dining and relaxing meditation massage at a round shaped treatment room made my stay memorable.. Employees were very welcoming ...definetly will be back..

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Bassenko

Dear Bassenko,

Thank you very much for your very kind words which we have shared amongst our whole team. It is such motivation and encouragement that helps us work harder to meet & exceed our Service to valued Guests like you.

We sincerely hope to welcome back soon at Hilton Doha. The whole Hilton Doha Team joins me in sending you our Best Regards.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

i have stayed and held events in many hotels, but i have never had the horrible experience that i faced in hilton doha, we requested a meeting with the general manager, and it was declined, and we had to meet the operations manager, who had no empowerement. we had 12 rooms in all, and had problems in each of them, with airconditioning, internet, lights falling off, lights not switching off, and etc.the spa was not working, when we had been misinformed that it was working.
in the meeting room there was a continious buzzing sound, that disturbed every presentation. to top it all off, they did a miscalculation in charging when i checked out and want to actually overcharge, whereas they should actually compensate for the the most horrible experience.
I am a silver member of hilton honors and this is my first bad time in a Hilton,.

Room Tip: my room was exceptionally small, i had one on the 21st floor. the side veiw of the ocean was there...
1  Thank hawa n

Dear Mrs. Hawa Nagaria,

Please accept our sincere apology for replying back to your response here with such delay, however we are glad that we were able to prove our best of intention towards you as our very valued guests in our previous correspondence. Your feedback has been very constructive to us and has helped us improve our service and exceed expectations of our Guests.

You will be glad to learn that some of your delegates have stayed with again and even recommended us to their colleagues/friends.

The whole Hilton Doha Team joins me in sending you our Best Regards and wish you a nice time with your family at Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

As arrival was on the day after opening, the hotel was empty. Six people descended on us to take our bags, carry everything for us and we did not lift a finger of rthe 4 days we were at the hotel. Nothing was any trouble and undoubtedly the hotel staff training has been superb. We had the distinct impression the staff were happy and really wanted us to enjoy our stay. Naturally as a hotel opens, there are bound to be some start up difficulties but other than windows whose construction dirt had not been cleaned yet, there were no major snafus at all. The room was stunning w9th wall to wall views over both sides of the gulf, a small balcony and ample work space at the desk with excellent connectivity (free) and a lowly bed. The pool is nothing short of spectacular with its sea frontage. At 35 meters, it is long enough for laps and the pleasant sandy beach has a shaded swim platform just off the boom protects swimming area. The hotel is right downtown in the diplomatic area and will rival the adjacent properties - direct sea front. The food was fabulous for the breakfast buffet but the dinner buffet was disappointing. All in all, one of the nicest downtown hotels in Doha.

Room Tip: The executive rooms have balconies but a view of the noisy city street so there is constant noise. H...
2  Thank annee05

Dear Roya_7,

Thank you for the very kind words which we have shared amongst our Team. As you noted we have indeed been very impatient to welcome you and all our guests alike.

We are constantly working on rectifying our challenges and improve our service. You will also be happy to know that we have taken your feedback into consideration regarding the dinner buffet and we are even working on Theme Evenings to start soon.

The whole Hilton Doha Team joins me in sending you our Best Regards. We all look forward to welcoming back soon.