“Fantastic short stay in Doha, thank you Sheraton!”

Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
Ranked #4 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Just back from a short stay at the wonderful Sheraton Resort in Doha. The one thing that really stood out from the outset was the wonderful customer service. From the friendly security guards at the entrance, to the extra helpful staff at reception on the day we arrived who allowed us early check-in after a long flight, everyone was so kind and welcoming. Some faces that stood out during our stay were: Chris from the Club Lounge who welcomed us with a smile and interesting conversation each morning, Igor who gave fab advice on places to visit, Nardiz from the evening Club Lounge staff who was so kind and easy to talk to and Hassim the concierge who helped us book our dream desert safari (there was a slightly less than friendly concierge lady on our last evening but she was the exception). There are many others whose names we couldn’t recall, notably the wonderful German director who we only spoke to briefly in the lounge but she went out of her way to make sure we could see and ride camels during our trip which we had thought might be impossible during such a short stay. One thing we’d like to suggest is that the hotel events and facilities are a little better explained to guests. For instance, we were told there was a breakfast buffet in the club lounge, but not that we could also opt to eat down in the main dining area which we only found out about on our last day. Also, we arrived first thing on Friday morning and told many that we didn’t have plans for the day except to explore the hotel, but no one told us about the camel races held every Friday until the following Sunday. Finally, we received a memo regarding the New Year’s Eve backyard party describing the location, but not explaining that we needed to queue up at the hotel entrance and be stamped before gaining entry so there was a lot of unnecessary running back and forth that night.
Except for those things, the room was impeccable, the hotel was gorgeous and we only wish that we could have extended our stay!
Thank you Sheraton, for everything!

Room Tip: Club lounge rooms are highly recommended
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
SheratonGrandDoha, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Gabrielle P,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write down such a lovely feedback regarding your recent experience with us.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful short stay with us and that the team went beyond their call of duty to make your stay a comfortable and an enjoyable one.

I am glad to note your high compliments about the personalized service you received by our team. I will personally share your appreciation with Chris, Igor, Nardiz, Hassim, Kirsten, and to the entire team as well. All our staff aim to deliver highest levels of professionalism and empathy towards our guests and really happy for it to be recognized.

We will be happy to welcome you again in the near future for another memorable holiday.

Saeid Heidari

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The health club has one of the best personal trainer, which I have encountered with.I enjoy every minute of my training with Veronica .She is friendly and concerned with her clients needs.she always smile ,has positive attitude.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear RAlShirawi,

Thank you for sharing your compliments with us regarding your training session at Sheraton Fitness.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your personal training session and am also thrilled to learn about the enthusiasm and motivation you received from Veronica. I will extend your appreciation with her.

It is inspiring for the team to read such great comments and we look forward to welcoming you again for your next training session — or perhaps next time for a weekend holiday or to experience our culinary offerings.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to thanks the entire food and beverage team for the awesome new year dinner...from the reservation team which were very professional by giving all the nevessary informations while confirming the booking to the hostess in the door for her hospitality, the waiter for taking care of us and being professional with full menu explanation before the service starts...a big thanks also for the restaurant manager (italian) for checking on our satisfaction...thanks to the chefs for delicious food...
For sure next year dinner will in Sheraton again...
Happy new year to all the food and beverage team keep up the good job.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mar W

Dear Mar W,

It was a pleasure having you at Sheraton Grand Doha on New Year's Eve.

I am delighted to hear to you had a wonderful New Year's dinner with us. Thank you for choosing us to ring in the new year and for your lovely words on the service that you received by the team.

I feel very proud to know that my team is doing a great job in delivering a memorable dining experience. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and they too are happy to have learned the same.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you for your next event with us.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Today I went Sheraton grand Doha here very fantastic place I enjoyed fully fantastic multilingual service Today was ladies night For ladies 5 free drinks Thanks Irish harp team. I’ll recommended for everyone

Stayed: January 2018
SheratonGrandDoha, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Cahan M,

Thank you for recommending us and for sharing your compliments about your recent experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Ladies Night at The Irish Harp. I have shared your appreciation with the team, this will motivate them & inspire them to constantly strive for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you once again on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Staying at Sheraton I feel like I am staying in my house. The staff they treat me so well as I belong to them each time I stayed in this property I had wonderful experience. Before I enter my room all required things what I need is already there. Even at breakfast or while I am enjoying my free time at bar this all things make me feel that I am part of these big family. Thank you Sheraton family.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Gemy G,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

It gives me immense pleasure to read about your experience with us. I am glad that we made you feel at home. It is great to know that the team proactively takes great care of you and were successful in making your stay a memorable one with their small gestures.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team and they too are happy to have learned the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and I to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the hotel with fond memories.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you again.