See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel was beautiful and relaxing. The courtyard with lemon trees and fountains a wonderful place to relax after a long day walking the city. The staff were charming and helpful bringing tea and coffee. There was even a musical night with a whirling dervish which was a fantastic evening with the hotel providing fruit and drinks. Fabulous!!!

We had the family room which was a charming room with ornaments and art work. Everything was very clean and comfortable if a little basic by Holiday Inn standards but that is the charm of the place.

Ahmad the hotel owner was very friendly and helpful, giving us advise on where to go and what to see on the way and which restaurants to go to and he was spot on - the food was delicious.

My only complaint is that we had ordered a taxi to and from the airport through the hotel at a cost of €30 each way. Unfortunately, we missed our flight home and had a local taxi back to Damascus at a cost of 800SP which is equal to €12.

That aside I would certainly recommend the hotel and would love to go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeBe48
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This is nto a place for tourist it's a plce for travelers and i think all you know the difference .Been there you could feel at home and believe me it's right. Ahmed the owner and all the staff are very poffesional and know how to help and look after guest in any moment. You could think of their as friends from the very first moment you arrive to that impresive big old damascian house coverted in a special Bed and Breakfast.Even more it's located very near, no more thant 10 minutes on foot, of the old city center not needing to take taxi or other transportation to reach the most importants Damascus highliths.In other words i recomend it while in Damascus you never forget the experience be sure.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank mrci
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We enjoyed the perfect trip to Syria - thank you! We liked staying with the Sah al Naum, Ahmed, the owner, and his staff are great hosts, Washee (?) was a wonderful driver, and we saw so much. The hotel is very close to the Old Town of Damascus; it is an old house with a lovely couryard. I'm sure we'll be coming back.
I hope the Sah al Naum will have lots of nice guests staying with you, and whoever will go to Damascus - we'll tell them about the Sah al Naum!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank schamma
Reviewed 1 April 2011

i had a wonderful stay in sah al naum at the end of march for 8 nights.
nice renovated old ottoman house,in the old city of damascus, just 10 min by feet from the
famous omayed mosque.
in damascus ,hotels are very expensive, but sah al naum prices are very affordable
for what you get.
of course it has not the luxury of a 4-5 * hotels.
you can find family atmosphere, simple but beautiful decorated rooms
that reminded me past times.clean rooms, much color always warm weather flat tv internet, exactly what i wanted to find in damascus..
as usual always are not everything perfect. if i wanted to say some remarks, may be the
breakfast should not be the same every day.
otherway ahmed and his staffn basil, jihad and mohhamed were very friendly,always
wanted to help and serve you.
ahmed also arranged for me some excursions with private taxi nach bosra ,sednaya and maalula at very good prices
all in all a very memorable stay in sah al naum in damascus old city

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank CHRISTOS_GR60
Reviewed 19 February 2011

This is a beautiful hotel for many reasons:
1. Location: the hotel is located in the heart of old Damascus. It is close to every important site of Damascus, central to many attarctions. It is within walking distance to so many attractions.
2. The hotel is an old house of Damascus. Touring Damascus gave me the feeling that this city has treasures behind its closed doors. Whenever I pass by I see designs, architecture, treasures in courtyards, every stone tells a long story of one of the oldest cities in the world. Hotel Sah Al naum is no exception to this. The moment I walked in, I felt I went back in time. I had to take a deep breath to realize where I am, to digest the feel of the place, to let so much beauty sink in.
3. Ahmed. the hotel manager, brings the whole experience together. He gives advice and makes arrangements willingly, wholeheartedly and with unique enthusiasm. Upon our arrival, he handed me Lonely Planet since I could not find it prior to our arrival. Ahmed called me before my flight to warn me that it might be cold in Damascus, and I better pack some warm clothes. How many hotel managers do that? I travel often, and Ahmed is perhaps the only one who did. All the restaurants Ahmed suggested were up to our expectations.
4. Ahmed also took all the pain and the time to reclaim my friend's purse. My friend forgot her purse in the taxi that took us to the airport on our way back home. Ahmed claimed it, and the purse arrived in 3 days via express mail. Thank you Ahmed.
4. Hotel Staff: The satff in the hotel is dynamic, energetic, and eager to please. They remember the particularities of every client, and always ready to help. Bassem prepares everyday's breakfast with a lot of care, and a touch of love. Thank you Bassem, you never failed us.

Damascus is a great city, and Hotel Sah Al Naum made our experience in Damascus pure joy.

Thank you Ahmed, thank you Bassem, thank you Sah Al Naum.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends