35 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$404
View deal
Hotels.comUS$424
Trip.comUS$507
ZenHotels.comUS$424
Agoda.comUS$433
Vio.comUS$507
StayForLong
All reviews sports club turquoise restaurant special thanks turkish sweets entertainment team fitness classes indian wedding the guest relations manager sparkling clean additional bed family staycation room cleaning amazing team professional service couple of nights this wonderful hotel awesome stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rang Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi to enquire about staying for a night over Christmas as a surprise for my wife on our wedding anniversary. They lady on the phone was very nice and suggested I stay in a Premium Room with a Corniche View and they would do something nice for our anniversary. She explained the Premium rooms were on the 20th floor and above and had a great view. I asked to make sure they could give us a room with a balcony if possible also. I thought this all sounded great and never had stayed in a Rixos Hotel so let's give it a try so paid $500 for my Premium Room B&B. We arrived at 4pm for check in and got our room key for the 13th floor. I was a little confused but I said nothing and went to the room. The room was fine but there was still no mention of our wedding anniversary and also the balcony was absolutely fillty dirty and had no furniture to sit out on. I could tell straight away my wife was impressed as she kept asking me home much I had paid for this..... I was too embarrassed to tell her!! We were really hungry and had planned to eat when we arrived at the hotel so we left the room almost straight away again to eat. When we went down stairs we meet an employee and asked which way the restaurant was to be told that all the restaurants had closed at 4.30 and wouldn't be opened again until 6.30 so we had to hop back into our car and leave the hotel so we could find somewhere to eat. While eating my wife said to me how unimpressed she was with the hotel and I said the same. I told her what I had paid for it and how it had differed from what I was told I was getting over the phone. When we arrived back to the hotel my wife went back to the room and I approached the customer experience counter and told them my story. I said that I had paid for a Premium room on the 20th floor and above but I had been given a room on the 13th floor. This is where things went from bad to worse. Rather than say I'm sorry and we'll move you to the correct room, I basically had to argue for it to happen. She looked on her system and she said no it's a deluxe room you ordered but then I showed her my confirmation email to say that it was in fact a Premium room. Then she said there's not much of a diffrence and is it worth moving now but I said of course there is, they are higher rooms and more importantly I had paid more to stay in one!! She wasn't that bothered or helpful and told me to go to the front desk to enquire. I had the same reaction at the front desk but eventually she said she would move us to the 34th floor. Honestly this whole thing told almost an hour and just put a bad taste in our mouths afterwords. It's the first time in my life staying in any hotel that I was downgraded a room and had to fight to get the one I paid for. The following morning breakfast was bedlam, ordered 2 pouched eggs that were freezing cold so we just drank our coffee got up and left. We went to our room packed and checked out. The front desk never asked how our stay was, no one ever acknowledged our wedding anniversary and no one apologised for the room confusion. We left deflated to get breakfast some place else. This was a very memorable wedding anniversary but for the wrong reasons, it was our first and last time ever staying in a Rixos Hotel. We stay in 5 star hotels all the time in the UAE and around the world so we are well used of the standards and this hotel falls well short of them. I think of I had paid $300 I wouldn't have felt as bad or embarrassed to my wife but the fact it cost $500 for that kind of service is appalling. My overall impression of the hotel is that nobody cares which is why this is probably a complete waste of time writing..!! The hotel it self is ok, the lobby is nice but for a new hotel it feels a bit old and grubby. I know the building itself has been built for a long time before it has been used and it has all the signs. The finishing around the place is very messy and of poor standard for a 5 star resort. Things can go wrong in any hotel but it’s how they’re dealt with is how you tell the good hotels to the bad ones.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Priyanka Chirankar, Other at Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We were concerned to hear, that your experience with Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi did not meet your expectations.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse of service which does not reflect the hospitality of Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi is known for. We would like to assure you, that we will personally follow up on your comments with our team to make sure your expectations are met in the future.

We hope you will give us a chance to prove you our dedication to excellent hospitality upon your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is really good. Wondeful view, delicious meal. Staff is yhe best I have ever seen. Actually i list my earings and they found it really fast. Thanks to supervisor mr.Milan and room attendant Jan Sher for helping me to find them. Also thanks for the best room service for Jan Sher!!!

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your short and sweet review!

Our team is thrilled to receive your commendation and it is wonderful to know that you had an enjoyable stay on this occasion.

We greatly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

That was great experience! I really liked as hotel as stuff. Everyone was so nice and gentle, I've ever seen anything like that before. I recommend this hotel if you wanna get a pleasant and luxurious experience

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us about your recent stay at the Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and encountered a memorable guest experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Rixos Marina soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice Hotel. Very delicious bufet at breakfast and dinner. Housekeeping was top - always super clean - performed by Shahanshah Khan. I will certainly come back here and will recommand this hotel to my friends

Date of stay: January 2023

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your short and sweet review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing and beautiful place. Had an awesome stay with my friends. The staffs were very attentive and excellent in attending in our every needs.
I highly recommend staying in this hotel and would love to come back again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Priyanka Chirankar, Other at Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

It is always a pleasure to learn that we are delivering the high level of customer service that Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi is renowned for and we are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional time.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,