“Average Food, Superb Service”
Review of Jing Asia

Jing Asia
Ranked #132 of 2,150 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jing Asia is an all day dining restaurant at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi - Yas Island offering the best of International cuisine alongside a selection of live cooking stations and friendly service. Offers: *Surf n Turf Night: every Thursday from AED199 *Family Brunch: every Friday from AED169 *International Themed Dinner from Saturday to Friday (except Thursday) from AED149
Reviewed 16 April 2017

There are moments where you just don't feel like getting out of bed and just try the restaurants that are in the property, this is the case while we had buffet breakfast and buffet dinner in Jing Asia.

Over-all in both occasions, I must say that it was the service staff that really deserves highlight, attentive, service with a smile and absolutely courteous. Keep up the work guys!

Food wise, the buffet menu were average both for breakfast and dinner. Personally, it is ok to try Jing Asia but if you plan to stay 4 days or more, you might want to try other restaurants in Yas Plaza, after-all they are just few meters away and you won't even drive out.

Like I said, Average Food Superb Service!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Buffet will all sorts of food types available - pasta, curry and local dishes. Excellent variety and taste. Lots of salads too and fruit or other desserts to finish.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Been heard a lot about good review about this restaurant. Visited on a Thursday Seafood night. Quite popular & busy. They hve indoor & outdoor seating. Great selection of starter from prawn muscle, oyster, salad . They hve Live BBQ buffet menu, different type of fishes (small sizes) to seafood. I ordered 4pcs of grilled small lobster, prawn, hammour & calamari. It took abt 30-40mins. When the food arrived, the prawn & lobster weren't fresh (marshy flesh) they tasted yucky... really put me off. I only enjoyed the starter. Main were bit salty, seafood chowder soup was too flour taste. After finished, we went to dessert counter & realized majority of them were empty. We waited a while, the chef came in & out, Big Bang unfriendly. We took a few but didn't like it. Cream brûlée were too eggy taste & firm (supposedly soft & crisp on top)
Opera cake too mushy & sweet. End up.. fresh fruits. Buffet price included coffee/tea, soft drink & juices. 199dhs after tax, we had entertainer voucher which is bonus. Overall, very disappointed

Reviewed 25 March 2017

The standard and quality of food is very good. However, we were disappointed to find that the selection of food is less than our previous visits for Friday lunches. The only crab was the spicy chili crab; no lobster, no carvery, no roast duck. Even the fruit platter has gone, with a much reduced selection of fruit available.
After the the buffet was closed at the end of the meal, and we were finishing our drinks, the food left was being cleared away for dumping in the trash. We asked if we could take some of the delicious cooked salmon left-overs for the homeless cats - but were refused since, we were told, it is not allowed to take food out of the hotel (wonder how they dispose of it, if they are not allowed to take it outside the hotel...?). What a shame to just throw food away, and refuse to allow any to be taken away.
Service was very good; staff are pleasant, helpful and attentive. Dirty dishes did not remain long on the table for long before being removed. Although it is odd that our cutlery, put on the side plate ready for our next plate of food from the buffet, were also cleared away at least a couple of times!
It is a good buffet, with high quality food. Just a shame for us, having gone there many times over the years, to see a reduction in the choices available.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I am not a big fan of buffets. But I always give credit to ones with good food. The varied of options was okay but the quality of the food choices was very good. I truly enjoyed my visit. I was happy to see some fun food options for kids. There was chicken nuggets and even real popcorn in small paper bags. I saw a lot of kids munching on them...so I believe the kids were happy with them.