3,982 results
All reviews observation deck rosewater restaurant rays bar li beirut club executive lounge tori no su floor to ceiling windows marina mall lobby bar building work ice lollies small beach the pool and beach area remote control amazing hotel presidential palace high floor
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I was in Abu Dhabi mid-February. I stayed in 3 different deluxe hotels among them Jumeirah. It was my best experience ! Unfortunately I only stayed one night but what a great stay ! I had booked a deluxe club king and got upgraded to a Grand Deluxe. I was on the 57th floor with a great view. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were only 10 rooms on my floor as I hate long corridors in hotels. When booking, I had decided to opt for the Executive Lounge access located on Level 45 and did not regret it. My room was spacious, bright and a great bathroom. I had dinner at Ray's Grill (Pan Seared Foie Gras and a wonderful Australian Lamb Rack).The following day, I had breakfast in the lounge. Everything was perfect except for the quality of the pastries (croissants) which could be better. I then went by the pool to soak under the sun. I had a great time and their "green" cocktail excellent ! I asked for a late check-out (2pm) which they granted me easily. What made this hotel such a great place is the service and the professional and friendly staff ! Before leaving, I ask to go to the Observatory deck (guests have free access). This was my first time but certainly not the last one !

Room Tip: Room on the top floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MicheleParis
GRJumeirah, Public Relations Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear MicheleParis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased that you were impressed by the overall ambiance in the hotel and the service excellence that was provided by our colleagues during your visit.
We look forward to seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Having stayed with Jumeirah for both work and family vacations in the past, we were looking forward to our first stay in Abu Dhabi. Things didn’t quite turn out as expected, but more on that later.

Getting there:-

We had a late arrival into Abu Dhabi (AUH), so we’ve always found it a good idea to email our hotel in advance to advise that we didn’t expect to arrive much before 1.30am. As we had booked the room from the previous day anyway, we didn’t expect any issues. We only had hand luggage, and breezed through Border Control in 15 mins – much less busy than Dubai by far. Driving time from the airport to the hotel was just 35 minutes door to door, although finding the actual entrance to the hotel proved to be surprisingly confusing, as there are 2 other ‘residential’ tower entrances to navigate from via an underpass, but we eventually saw a small brown sign directing us to the hotel entrance. We were promptly met by the valet and kerb staff and our transition to the lobby was quite smooth.

Check In

Check in took about 10 minutes after the obligatory photocopying of the passports etc., oddly we were advised that there was only one bed in our reserved ‘Family room’, so did we want another? This seemed a strange request given that we had booked for 2 adults and 2 kids, so a single king bed would have been cosy to say the least!. We eventually got up to the room at about 2.15am, but was nearer 3am before we had the additional bedding made up, (not exactly ideal when you have been travelling for most of the day). It was 3am after all, so guess housekeeping staff would be at a minimum.

Breakfast

Fortunately, breakfast was served up until 11am the next day (and every day), so we headed down about 10.40am and had a pleasant breakfast in the Rosewater restaurant. They again seemed to think our room was only for two adults, but more on that later. The format was buffet style, quite varied and eclectic in variety, catering for a wide variety of nationalities. The usual staples were available, fruit, cereal, omelette station, eggs, sausages, bacon, cakes, pastries etc, along with some interesting local and international dishes. The restaurant wasn’t busy and there was no wait for a table. Clearing of the table was a bit slow, but not a massive issue.

Location, Facilities & Service

In the light of day, we could finally see the building and it’s location in full Technicolor, and it was quite impressive. The pool area was smaller than we had expected for such a large hotel, but surprisingly, we had no real issues in securing loungers near the pool and adjacent beach. Towels were provided throughout the day, as was the usual Jumeirah nice touch - of ice lollies around the pool in the afternoon. Unlike other Jumeirah properties we have stayed at, oddly, no chilled water appeared to be provided. Overall, a nice way to relax though on our first day before heading out to see the local sights over the next few days.

Our ‘Family’ room was on the 49th floor, so the views were impressive. The room was well appointed with a full size marble desk and seating area. (See pics). A fridge, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, usual high end toiletries, tv, air con and remote curtain/tv/light controller were provided, as were a few small bottles of complimentary water. The room had an odd ‘damp’ smell throughout, but well placed odour diffusers seemed to mask it adequately.

A quick tour of the integral but compact ‘Avenue’ mall within the complex contained all of the expected high end retailers such as Canali, Bulgari, Hermes, Givenchy, Manolo Blahnik, Versace etc, with high end jewellers such as Van Cleef & Arpels and even an Aston Martin showroom to name but a few. There was even an on site Waitrose food market where you could stock up on your essentials.

As we were on a half board basis, we dined in the Rosewater restaurant most nights, we’ve always found that a good/late breakfast is more than enough until our evening meal. The hotel dinner option was a changeable themed buffet, or a much smaller allowance towards a sister restaurant, a concept we had used successfully in the past with Jumeirah. However, sadly, not without significant issues on this occasion.

We had booked a half board package for the 4 of us through Bookings.com, but Jumeirah at Etihad Towers apparently had other ideas. Like the majority of people whom book internet accommodation, you typically expect to get what you had reserved and paid for. So it came as a surprise to find out on our second night that they intended billing us for ALL of the kids meals for our entire stay. We pointed out that our booking confirmation clearly states that the only thing we should be paying extra for would be local taxes. So I was asked to bring ‘proof’, so went back to the room and brought everything down. We even had their advertised ‘hotel policies’ which we had printed off for both their own website and Booking.com’s one. There was no mention of their latest disclosure that they would only honour children’s meals on a half board basis if they are ‘under 5’.

Normally I wouldn’t include ‘administrative’ problems in a review, but the principle behind this materially detrimental issue may undoubtedly affect whether you choose to stay here or not. So I feel duty bound to ensure future clients are savvy enough to mitigate any potential issues with their future bookings. As many of you know from my regular reviews, I travel extensively, and as an ex hotelier myself, I know unprofessional opportunism when I see it.

I asked them to show me where this undisclosed ‘policy’ was stated, but they couldn’t. The arrogant and at times sarcastic desk clerk (‘Ian’), simply repeated the mantra that ‘we had to pay’ and wasn’t interested. Having been historically impressed by Jumeirah’ professionalism in the past, I was genuinely shocked at his complete apathy.

Suffice to say, I immediately contacted Booking.com, (which I had to do from my cell phone as the hotel also blocks Skype). After a lengthy & expensive call, Booking.com contacted them directly to again confirm that the offer they have provided on their platform since last November clearly includes children in their half board offers. (So goodness knows how many others ended up just coughing up the extra out of embarrassment). For objectivity, I also did a few other trial bookings on other popular booking sites to verify that a similar half board booking with them is exactly that, and guess what, again no hotel policies anywhere which state parents are going to be left with a hefty bill for their kids whom they had assumed were fully paid. I also suspect that any booking site which intentionally misleads clients by offering false half board options wouldn’t be in business for long.!

Up until this point, first impressions of the building and location were good, so we potentially viewed it as a possible repeat location. We’ve always had a genuine affection for the Emirates, due to their warm hospitality, the weather and sincere desire to make you feel welcome and appreciated. So the suggestion to visit Abu Dhabi - as opposed to our usual venues in Dubai and Fujairah, seemed a good idea. As a seasoned traveller, I’m also well practiced at finding competitive deals which are offered by venues to ensure a level of revenue. But what I don’t expect is for a desk clerk to tell me - ‘well you are getting it at a very good rate anyway’, as if to say I should be happy we’re not charging you more!. I suspect many people won’t see £2000/$2800/€2300 as cheap for what was effectively 5 days of accommodation, let alone have the prospect of a further unexpected £500/$700/€565 added to feed two under 12s. However, if the objective of a brand is to make clients feel cheap for having the audacity to challenge what you had marketed, then that objective was resoundingly received. Sadly, these were not qualities I had ever expected of Jumeirah, so we would have walked away there and then if we could - as we were made to feel like the unwanted in-laws whom you are grudgingly forced to accommodate in your home at Christmas. Not a great basis for an enjoyable holiday. Hospitality as a concept shouldn’t be price dependant. We also typically use the spa and services, but on this occasion we didn’t feel inclined to, so can’t comment on the Talise spa. This was probably just as well, as we would never have benefited from the additional spend anyway, as we saw from the bill that they had removed our initially supplied Sirius membership number, presumably to avoid further ‘rewarding’ our room rate.

It wasn’t until we were half way through our stay that we finally got confirmation from Bookings.com head office that Jumeirah eventually admitted that our booking was exactly as we had initially stated. Did we get an apology from Jumeirah? No, nothing.

However, there were some glimmers of hope after a more pleasant interaction with the assistant Guest Relations Manager (Lamia Fridhi), on an unrelated matter the following day. I decided to practice what I’d always asked of my own guests – to let me know if something wasn’t right, and I’m pleased to say that her response was what we had typically learned to expect of Jumeirah - an immediate and unreserved apology on behalf of the hotel. The token gesture of some chocolates and soft drinks to our room the next day was also a nice touch, but by this stage, our enjoyment of the hotel and our first visit to Abu Dhabi felt unnecessarily tarnished, which was a real shame. We have enjoyed staying with Jumeirah in the past, but sadly it was difficult not to be disillusioned, as an apology shouldn’t need to be elicited by the offended party.

Location

As for the area, the location is good. We spent the next couple of days visiting the recommended sights such as the Grand Mosque, Yas Waterworld, Ferrari World, The Marina & Yas Malls, The Louvre etc., all of which were easily accessible from the hotel. We had rented a car at the airport which gave us a good amount of independence to come and go as we pleased. The Grand Mosque is just 20 mins away, Ferrari/Yas Waterworld and Yas Mall were all about 35 mins away on highway 12, the stunning Louvre 20 mins away, The Marina Mall 10 mins. So any Corniche area hotel will provide the same convenience.

Pros

A good central location, not too far from the airport and handy for most of the popular tourist attractions. The walk along the adjacent Corniche waterfront is also lovely, and you are well served for amenities nearby. The building itself is modern and in a good state of repair, the beds, linen, amenity kits, gym and usual Talise Spa are of high quality. The 360 degree view from the Observation Deck on the 74th floor is also a bonus.

Cons

To avoid ending up in the uncomfortable situation that we found ourselves in, if you do wish to take a chance with a third party booking site, I’d suggest you only initially book with one that allows cancellation without penalty. That way you can email the hotel directly thereafter to ask them what your booking covers and what ‘extras’ you will be expected to pay. If they try and charge you more than expected, then you can simply report them to your travel site before cancelling, or if they agree, you have their letter of confirmation to hopefully mitigate any later argument.

Tips

Higher floors have spectacular views, but aren’t for the faint hearted. The observation Deck on the upper floors is a must see and is included free for guests. Rent a car at the airport if you can, as the rates are competitive and will prove invaluable if you want to get around as many sites as possible. Most venues provide free parking anyway, and driving here is relatively safe and straightforward.

If wanting do visit the popular sites, they can be expensive, so get yourself the ‘Entertainer’ app online to get 50% discount on attraction admission prices, venues, restaurants, bars, spas etc.. It’s a genuine discount and well worth the purchase cost. A simple google search will find it. Just make sure you select the Abu Dhabi option as opposed to the Dubai one, as the Dubai one doesn’t cover all of the main Abu Dhabi ones and vice versa. The only thing you will need to ensure is that you can access the app from your phone. I didn’t take out a separate phone plan for the UAE, I just turned on ‘roaming’ for the couple of minutes I wanted to access the app, and only got billed pennies.

Conclusion

A lovely hotel in a nice location, and the outcome could easily have been so much better. However, the contempt we were shown by the front desk staff was palpable, so quite off-putting. Lamia, the assistant guest relations manager tried her best. As an example, even when she asked on our behalf if we could use 2 days worth of the half board vouchers against a treat for my sons 12th birthday in another restaurant on the Saturday, their ‘offer’ to give us a 225AED credit (£45/€50/$63) wouldn’t even have covered one person in the existing ‘inclusive’ Rosewater restaurant package. So yet again, opportunism trumps a memorable guest experience. So we opted to just stay as we were and told the restaurant manager that it was the boys birthday. A cake was promised, but never materialised. Such an unprofessional and disappointing let down for a child.

Room Tip: Upper floors are best, but not for the faint hearted
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
13  Thank Jo D
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Lovely facility. Very attractive room that was also clean and comfortable. Great view. Great Wi-Fi. Great gym. Friendly and accommodating staff that anticipated my needs. I would not hesitate to stay at this facility again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GRJumeirah, Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Good Evening

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I had the best 3 nights stay in Jumeirah, the food, staying at 30th floor with the best of sea view, good breakfast buffet, great food, 360* view deck, everything was amazing. Wouldn't be able to justify the experience with the words, it's better left to be experienced. Kudos to the staff and the best of hospitality

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear JaniJermans

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and were overall happy with the services provided at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

This hotel truly went above and beyond to meet with our expectations and truly delivered genuinely impeccable service. A family of 7 including our elderly grandfather, we all were cared for like family at this hotel. For our Grandfather who eats very mild food the hote lwent out of their way to really make sure he was catered for and most inportantly cared for. As a family we are also vegetarian and some of us not even eggs, however the chefs were amazing, they delivered delicious egg free pastries to our table every morning and the muffins were sooo yummyy!! Croissants/danish fruit pastries it was all there, even pancakes! The fresh juices that they made too again were awesome. One of teh best things was the tofu omelette, this coupled with goats cheese and mushrooms was at breakfast was simply divine!! Thank you chef Kyaw Rabindra :)
All the breakfast team went beyond duties to make teh best start to our days: thank you Desmond (esp for teh Flat whites! ), Winnie , William, Raymond, Uma , you all were incredible!
A special mention must also go to Sandeep and Pradeep, who were also ahead of the game! they were completely prepared for our arrival, having so many dietary reqs we had emailed in advance and both of them were ready and waiting as soon as we had arrived, thats SERVICE! very professional too!!
Rooms are of excellent standard, clean and the bathrooms are incredible, large with the luxury of a hand held or monsoon shower, water temperature as you please and plenty of space ! Daily housekeeping and turndown serives means your room is consistently looked after and tidy :) The view from the rooms are out of this world and the 360 obersation deack is not to be missed! Even the positivity felt up there is incredible, great place to sit, read, enjoy a coffee too! Anothe place to enjoy, by night especailly is Rays bar, great atmosphere/vibe all in the hotel!
what we found especially useful about this hotel is the Waitrose at the bottom, what an amazing additional bonus feature! Literally everything is avaliable, in fact we use to get a cheeky ice cream tub at lunchtime in the heat each and eat this by the pool, simply heaven!
Getting taxis from the hotel is extremely and relatively cheap, most places are very easily accessible since the location of the hotel is quite central.
We didnt use the gym, but the steam room is a great place to wind down, large changing and shower facilities make teh whole experience that much more luxurious! You will definitely feel refreshed after a stay here , even if you spent all the time in their awesome lobby!
the pools /sunloungers are pretty freely avaliable, we didnt ever have a problem getting one and often they give free ice lollies out to help cool you down, again what service!
All in all we had a fantastic stay at this luxury branded hotel which actually was incredily reasonable to stay at.
We also ate at Li Beirut! Wow : this food was phenomenal! Service again outstanding and portions generous, the meal was a delight, dont miss it! Chef thank you fo the specail chocolate biscuit cake it was just too divine!
The staff make this place what it is and are a REAL CREDIT and asset to the property Well done team: you made our holiday!! You all delivered honest bottom of heart love and care to us all with every attention to detail thank you so so much, The Karia Family xxx

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SunnyK2416

Dear SunnyK2416

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do our best to create the right atmosphere and experiences that accentuate the uniqueness of our property for our guests. Your high praise is the best reward for our efforts.

We hope that you will be visiting us again soon.

Thank you for choosing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers for your stay in Abu Dhabi!